Guest Starring TV Roles
Joan of Arcadia Bonnie Secret Service
Joan of Arcadia Bonnie Trial and Error
Law & Order Lena Parkova House Calls
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Mia Van Wagner Pandora
Witchblade Bola Parabolic
Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll edit in some bio info later, if you don't mind, Andie.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Love Alexis Dziena. I was thrilled when I found out she was on this show.

A few movies for guys to watch out for. First She's Too Young which is being played on the Lifetime network. It's absolutely hiliarious. It's the Reefer Madness of oral sex. You have to see it to believe it. It's scaremongering at it's very best. (You have to watch these Lifetime movies with the proper frame of mind). Two caps I made from it just because I wanted to show some people what she looked like somewhere else (since that pic they have of her on IMDB is pretty bad).

Second Broken Flowers. It stars Bill Murray and looks like it might be one of the few decent American made movies this summer that is neither a sequel nor a remake. Was excited about this film even before I knew Alexis was in it. She plays the part of "Lolita" with all that entails. Comes out in a few weeks in August. It's an indie movie so might need to travel a bit beyond your local cinema to see it. But wouldn't you rather see a decent film than the "Dukes of Hazard" or "Herbie Reloaded"? A few promo pics of Alexis from it.

I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Raja Thx for posting the pics!

Karen - you're amazing. Thx for editing the bio on all the threads I didn't have enough time. But I'll be back a full time poster on Saturday
Old 07-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven't heard anything about this show, but I saw Alexis Dziena's name and now I'm definitely going to check it out. She's one of my favorite lesser-known actresses. And ha, She's Too Young is awesome. I've seen it like six times. Can't wait for Broken Flowers.

She's also got a small part in the already controversial movie Havoc, but I don't think it's too big of a part. She also used to date Michael Pitt and there's a really great photoshoot of the two of them together on one of his fansites. If you want to see it, I'll find it later.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Definately would like to see that. Michael Pitt is a lucky bastard. But at least he seems like he's a decent guy. I worry far more about another obscure favorite of mine Rachael Bella dating Eddie Furlong who seems to be going through the "Fat Elvis" stage of his career.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Haha ew, Eddie Furlong. Michael Pitt is an amazing actor. He's one of my favorites.

Picture One and the rest can be found here. There's eight pictures in a row. Also, some caps of her in the What A Wonderful World music video.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. I'd almost doubt Michael's sexuality from that pose. But having Alexis right there more than evens the scales.

As far as Michael Pitt's acting. He was quite good in The Dreamers. He seems to drift towards smaller more quality indie movies and that is to be respected.

But I do feel a bit uncomfortable at him pawing at Alexis in that music video.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Haha. I absolutely loved the Dreamers and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Last Days. Have you seen Bully? That movie was very disturbing, but I still enjoyed it.

I really want to see Alexis in Bringing Rain. I've heard good things about it but it never got a DVD release. It just kind of disappeared. And the cast is good too: Adrien Grenier, Larisa Oleynik, Paz De La Huerta, Noah Fleiss.. I wonder what happened.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantine
Haha. I absolutely loved the Dreamers and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Last Days. Have you seen Bully? That movie was very disturbing, but I still enjoyed it.
I love Bully. Especially for the way it shows how crime really happens. It isnt usually done by super geniuses who plot out every move. But by a bunch of bored morons. Which is why they usually get caught.

Also the last film before Larry Clark went off the deep end. Teenage Caveman was just a cheap b movie and Ken Park was shocking for the sakes of being shocking. Hope he rebounds with Wassup Rockers.

As for The Dreamers. It was great when the characters interacted with each other and you got to get a feel for that time in Paris. However I didn't like all the cinematic homages that Bernardo Bertolucci tried to jam pack in there. To me it was just the director being self-indulgent and finding excuses to slip clips of his favorite films in there using a game between Eva Green's character and her brother as an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantine
I really want to see Alexis in Bringing Rain. I've heard good things about it but it never got a DVD release. It just kind of disappeared. And the cast is good too: Adrien Grenier, Larisa Oleynik, Paz De La Huerta, Noah Fleiss.. I wonder what happened.
Still kicking myself for not seeing that when it played at the Tribeca Film Festival. At the time I wanted to see it for Larisa. Had no idea who Alexis Dziena was back then. Hope it does get a dvd release.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Thought I'd mention if any of you want to get a sneak preview of Broken Flowers it apparently is playing July 28th at 7:45 at the Avon Theatre in Stamford Connecticut if I'm to believe moviefone.

Bit far away but I might just do it rather than wait a week.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Bad news. The showing of Broken Flowers tommorrow at the Avon Theatre in Samford Connecticut is a "members only" showing. Which means you'd have to pay between $40 to $60 to "join" in order to see it. A bit much for even a fan like me. Guess I'm waiting until August 8th.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Saw Broken Flowers today. Only one way to describe her.

Movie itself was really great. The film humor in the film is very subtle and built around awkward moments and situation which are superbly constructed. Including a rather daring one involving Alexis. Alexis' part was "Lolita" and all that entails and she played it perfectly. She didn't make the mistake of overdoing it. She played the part very sweet, very playful, and still innocent. The Ain't It Cool review probably described her best as "alarmingly cute." Like everyone else in the film her role was short but very nuanced and very well done.

If the movie does as well as one hopes (every seat at the Angelica was filled) this will certainly get her notice. And hopefully it'll increase interest in the show and open doors for her in other movie roles.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooooooooooo thank you Raja for that.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I really want to see that movie before summer ends. The film itself has gotten great reviews and buzz, so hopefully Alexis will get more recognition because I love seeing her in projects.