Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Here are the ratings for last night

Quote:
Rivals Do Little to Stop FOX Wednesday
CBS gets solid ratings for 'Price Is Right' and 'Criminal Minds'

May 17, 2007
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, May 16, 2007.

Viewers tuned into FOX on Wednesday night to watch the "Bones" season finale and a surprising "American Idol" elimination.

Overall, FOX averaged an 11.5 rating/19 share for the night, comfortably ahead of second place CBS' 8.6/14. ABC was a distant third with a 4.4/7, followed closely by the 4.1/7 for NBC. The CW had a strong 3.0/5 for the night in fifth.

FOX nearly doubled up the competition in the key demographic, doing a 7.0 rating among adults 18-49, far better than the 3.7 rating for CBS. ABC stayed third with a 2.9 rating, while The CW and NBC both did a 2.0 rating for fourth.

CBS started the night off in first with the 9.0/15 for a special primetime "Price Is Right." FOX got a 6.7/11 from "Bones" for second, while the finale of "American Next Top Model" did a 4.1/7 to take The CW to third. NBC's "Thank God You're Here" and ABC's "According to Jim" and "Notes From the Underbelly" were in a close race for fourth, with ABC holding a slim advantage.
Source

And an article with thoughts on the season finale:
Quote:
Finalewatch '07: 'Bones'
By Daniel Fienberg
May 16, 08:22 PM

[This post contains the usual spoilers about the season finale of Bones. You've been warned.]

Bones, which ended its second season on Wednesday (May 16), has gradually evolved into one of TV's most under-estimated shows. That isn't necessarily the same thing as being one of TV's best shows, but in a sea procedurals that I can't be bothered to care about, Bones stands out -- it's smarter, funnier and faster paced than most of what's out there, but despite regularly winning its timeslot and a third-season renewal that came back in February, it still flies under the radar.

To be fair, many of this season's murder investigations have been less creative than last season's and the show's procedural aspects have often felt rushed, leading to reveals that were either too obvious, or too convoluted.

That's because the show's focus has changed, making it less of a crime-of-the-week drama and more of a workplace dramedy. A paranoid conspiracy nut and a straight-talking party girl in the first season, T.J. Thyne's Dr. Hodgins and Michaela Conlin's Angela have softened into worthy romantic foils, embarking on a courtship that lead to the altar in Wednesday's finale. The addition of Tamara Taylor's Cam Saroyan as the new leader of the Jeffersonian team added dimensions that Jonathan Adams' Dr. Goodman just couldn't and I'm not just referring to her sexual relationship with Booth, though that office tryst provided an additional spark to the reliable chemistry between Bones (Emily Deschanel) and Booth (David Boreanaz). Those two main characters got an extra dose of friction when Booth spent several episodes in counseling with guest star Stephen Fry and Bones spent those same episodes in the arms of guest star Eddie McClintock.

The added concentration on character has helped add gravity to some of the season's best episodes, particularly the "Aliens in a Spaceship" hour, in which Bones and Hodgins spent the hour trapped underground in the backseat of a car. I'm not suggesting huge Emmy wins around that episode, but perhaps an editing nomination? You've got to start somewhere.

Wednesday's finale was of a piece with the season at large -- decent, but unremarkable central mystery, surround by lots of great character work. The revelation of what happened to the girl in the grocery cart was possibly the episode's "C" plot, which is the kind of thing you never see a CSI or a Law & Order attempt. Instead, I'd say that the episode's most important drama was built around the pending Dr. Jack/Angela nuptials, including picking members of the wedding party and Jack approaching the bride's father (stroke-of-genius guest star Billy Gibbons) for his permission. I'd put Booth's conflicted quest to arrest Bones' dad (guest star Ryan O'Neal) as the B-plot.

Sorry, 'shippers, but I'm one of those fans who would prefer that Bones and Brennan not get together until the absolutely last minute possible, if then. Thus, I didn't necessarily need the vaguely contrived not-quite-cliffhanger ending. What? Are optimistic Bones/Booth fans really going to think their beloved characters are going to stand at the altar and go "Well, the people came for a wedding, so let's give 'em one" and tie the knot right there? Of course not. I was perfectly happy with the way we left Angela and Jack, though less sure on the fate of Eric Millegan's Zack, one of the characters most in need of a big boost next season.

Other thoughts on the Bones finale:

# A tale of two fathers: After barely commenting on Billy Gibbons' presence the first time he appeared, the ZZ-Top legend had things to do this week and he handled himself wonderfully, adding an extra layer of cool. He should come back frequently. Bones' dad, however, has visited too many times this season. I'm interested in the character and that father-daughter dynamic, but I don't want him to be a regular.

# I loved the dynamics of Angela asking Bones to be her maid of honor (including the surprise huge from Bones) and Jack asking first Zack and then Booth to be his best man. It's a sign of how the character relationships have progressed this season that Booth didn't find anything bizarre about Jack turning to him.

# I miss Wong Foos and guest star Heavy D. Am I the only one?

# I'm a fan of any excuse to reference Sea Monkeys, or "Sea Chimps." If you ask me nicely, I'll tell the tragic tale of my own Sea Monkeys.
Source
Old 05-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
Here are the ratings for last night

Source

And an article with thoughts on the season finale:

Source

Great articles!!!
I loved the Season Finale (well except that Jack and Angela did actually get married) Can't wait to see what they do with those two next year!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

great articles, so thanks for sharing
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry, 'shippers, but I'm one of those fans who would prefer that Bones and Brennan not get together until the absolutely last minute possible, if then. Thus, I didn't necessarily need the vaguely contrived not-quite-cliffhanger ending. What? Are optimistic Bones/Booth fans really going to think their beloved characters are going to stand at the altar and go "Well, the people came for a wedding, so let's give 'em one" and tie the knot right there? Of course not.
I'm sorry but I DO not agree with this! And the ending was not like they were really going to get married! .. it was like.. a big foreshadowing to them and their future together.. like they would really get married then? Whatever. And will I ever hear anyone say it would be nice to see them in a relationship together? Apparently not.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

So how do you picture the eventual wedding?
nerilka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUgal21 (View Post)
I'm sorry but I DO not agree with this! And the ending was not like they were really going to get married! .. it was like.. a big foreshadowing to them and their future together.. like they would really get married then? Whatever. And will I ever hear anyone say it would be nice to see them in a relationship together? Apparently not.
Personally I wouldnt' mind seeing them get together into a relationship but only if its towards the end of the series if it gets cancelled. If they put them together sooner then later it could ruin the flow of the show. It can also ruin their friendship and working relationship and then if they break up then what would happen? We won't have the booth/bones interactions anymore. So i definitly wouldn't put them together right now. I'd wait a little more and let them flirt and play it out and see what happens maybe during the shows last season would be good. Because otherwise there wont be any chemistry and the show wont be as good as it is. And no i do not think Booth and Brennan got married that's a given right there. If anyone thinks they did get married then that's your problem. The writers throw you off and that was not a surprise ending i dont know what the announcer guy was talking about on the preview. I was like um ok that's it? That was the surprise ending they look at the priest and then at themselves? A surprise ending would be seeing them kiss or profess how they feel about each other. But i do love Booth/Bones so i guess we'll see what happens next season.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well. I personally didn't mean that they should get together now..it is too soon on the show..I just hate how people seem to be against it at all.. like it would be doomed.. it's like where's the faith at? I agree that they should wait a while do to... maybe the last season or two, we could see them in a relationship .....but a kiss or some kind of confronatation of feelings would be nice in the meantime to at least give us shippers something..and why bother building them up the way they have if they aren't going to do anything till the end of the series? I mean.... people dont want to see their ship with other people for years and see contrived obstacles thrown at them..and they dont' want to see them get together and break up right away back and forth.. there has to be some happy medium. But I don't think anything could take away their chemistry but that's just me.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

BTW, I was watching a YouTube clip of the end scenes and saw that the letter was addressed to Zach Uriah Adde or whatever ... his middle name is Uriah!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUgal21 (View Post)
.. it was like.. a big foreshadowing to them and their future together.. like they would really get married then?
Here's what I think is the most hilarious foreshadowing of all (as if we had ANY shortage of it on this show):

Booth: "Well, if there's no bachelor party, what do you want me to do?"

Hodgins: "Stand there, make a toast, hand over the ring, tongue-kiss the maid-of-honor at the reception while people clean glasses..."

Booth: "Nice, excellent, okay... Who's the maid-of-honor?"

Hodgins: "I have no idea, but most of Angela's friends are really hot."

Brennan (to Booth, not hearing Hodgins' side of the conversation) "Well, I'm the maid-of-honor. Why?"
Old 05-20-2007, 09:00 AM
New Fan

for those who missed this episode.. I uploaded it for you:

*edit*

If I'm not allowed to d this you just delete this message.. And then I'm really sorry

Last edited by Nad; 05-20-2007 at 09:14 AM Reason: Download links are not allowed at Fan Forum.
Linaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

The last one for a while.

The writers are so clever how they get Brennan to ask Booth to marry her and have Booth say I love you.

She caught him when she said jokes were about unfulfilled desires and right into the puddle he goes.

The way he looked at her when he said I love you.

I loved Brennan’s reaction to Angela’s asking her to be her maid of honor. : hug:

I wasn’t sure if Jack would ask Zack or Booth so it was nice that he ended up asking both.

I Booth’s reaction when Jack said he should tongue kiss the maid of honor and then he found out that Brennan was the maid of honor.

I wonder if they will have Zack go to Iraq? He’s now doing what Brennan has done; going to hot spots to use his expertise.

When Brennan said she didn’t want to handcuff her own father I thought for sure Booth would say why not, he handcuffed you to a park bench.

I’m glad Brennan and her dad bonded.

I really want Russ to come back, though!

Brennan is really learning to open up. Booth was shocked when she started talking about her own mother.

Didn’t Brennan say that her grandfather got her out of foster care?

I hope we see more of Brennan’s family next year and I really want some Booth back story esp. about his family.

That video from Brennan’s mom was so sad. : (

When they called Cam in about the experiment it reminded me of something I meant to comment on last ep. Cam’s come a long way from her ‘I’ll fire you if you don’t do things my way’ attitude but I’m glad she told Jack and Angela to stop “mounting” each other in work. I love them but that’s really unprofessional behavior and as the boss Cam was right to tell them to quit it. She actually could’ve been more forceful about it.

When Angela found out that her marriage took back in season, I’m surprised that she didn’t look into it more.

Well, we wanted to see B&B dressed up, we got our wish.

Booth in a tux.

I liked how Booth told Max off for abandoning Brennan.

Brennan turns to Booth for reassurance that she’s not a bad daughter. “You’re not a bad anything.”

What a sweet hug at the end.

Well, we know they won’t get married but it’s nice to dream.

Hopefully we’ll get repeats this summer so the withdrawal won’t be as bad.

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.
marewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched the episode again and loved it!
Hodgins aproaching Angelas dad was fun
But the case was really sad

The end of the episode was cool I love that song from ZZ Top
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved Angela's wedding dress. So unique, and so perfect for her... If only it had worked, but it was probably a little too quick for it to happen this time, but loved how they left it with Brennan and Booth...

And Cam's fixing Brennan's dress. So funny, and she looked so much better afterwards. Booth agreed.

The actual case was so sad...

A interesting season finale after the intensity of Season's 1 finale. It was more lowkey.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A very sad case. But a surprising end to the season. Why Angela didn't think her marriage real when she was confronted by the State employee in their security interviews. I guess she was so caught up that she forgot...

Of course it gave some angst, to slow Angela and Hodgins. They did move pretty fast...

Love the end scene between Booth and Brennan.

She looked gorgeous in that dress once Cam fixed it LOL.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

The end scene, such a great scene.

All of the women looked beautiful in their dresses.

I always wondered why Angela did not think to look into her past marriage before getting married to Hodgins.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top