Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
I suppose Pelant is more sneaky/conniving/clever than just shooting someone
thats true

though who knows if later we'll find out about a connection to Pellant?
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I suppose Pelant is more sneaky/conniving/clever than just shooting someone
They were shot with blood bullets, seems pretty sneaky and clever to me. I'm just baffled why his name didn't even come up in their conversations.

Also, Booth is talking about taking the family out to the cabin ...like there's not a serial killer after them?? Seriously show?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

But by the time they figured out blood bullets they had the rest of the connections to these suspects. And I always figure they don't want to dwell too much on serial killers and the bad aspects of their jobs. Realistically speaking any of the case they investigate could get them killed, someone could kill them just because they put murderers away. They've never got stuck on "well Broadsky is about so we can't" etc. And I figure the writers don't want to make every ep linked/mentioning Pelant as it takes away from the case that is at hand.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

agree Effie
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

True but before they figured out it was blood bullets, they knew it was something unusual that had no exit wounds and they knew this before their lists of suspects.

Yes, any of the cases they investigate could be major trouble but they usually manage to find the bad guy and put him away. And they're never as intelligent and resourceful as they've made Pelant to be. So I've never felt uncomfortable with their sense of freedom before. But now, a major bad guy, who definitely has a vendetta against all of them is running free. But they don't even seem to acknowledge this until something happens dealing with him. I just don't like the lack of consistency between the episodes that features Pelant and the episodes that don't.

Quote:
And I figure the writers don't want to make every ep linked/mentioning Pelant as it takes away from the case that is at hand.
I can see this is why they're doing this but personally, I don't like the on/off switch. They could have easily brought up Pelant and eliminated him as a suspect with some reasoning.

ETA:
Also, the fact they have a baby now, I don't think its in character for Booth and Brennan to not have Pelant in the back of their mind, always.

Last edited by SweetSymphony; 02-13-2013 at 12:36 PM
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can understand want you mean

But, for me, they've always shot them in a very episodic way. They like to be able to have fans watch episodes without having to know a whole lot of history, and mentioning Pelant often would make that difficult to achieve.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. I see what you're saying about the episodic format. I guess I just don't like that when it comes to Pelant..until they have him killed.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think we all need Pelant gone, maybe Booth is betting on that happening before they go away
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think we all need Pelant gone, maybe Booth is betting on that happening before they go away
I have to agree!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

They start with The body of a man, Jonas Brude that was found under a bridge 870 ft. high. We are in the Jeffersonian which we don't always start in. Seems on further testing after Bones went home he had had an heart attack. She went to tuck in Christina to bed.

Her and Booth had an argument about her not being spontaneous. And she takes it as not being a good mother. She gets mad and goes back to work. Security Guard Hal Bennett talks to her. First i was disappointed it was not Security Guard Micah Leggat(Enrico Colantoni-Just Shoot Me, Veronica Mars,Flashpoint, Person Of Interest) who was on in the 2010 episode, "The Doctor In The Photo". But as it went on after Brennen was shot, I said that's why it wasn't him. Then he is found dead in the stair well, even better it wasn't him.

But suspect wise, I thought it to was first Guard Hal Bennett, then my mind went to Pelant. Yes he shouldn't be talked about every episode, but it shouldn't go form there is a man hunt for him to he's not even considered a suspect. It isn't like the Batman series where we fight Joker this week, and must be the Riddler is hiding out until he unleashes his next fiendish plan. There should be some talk, either the team says ok it don't seem like Pelant, or Agent Hayes Flynn gives Booth an update? It has been 3 episodes since he was there.

I thought ice bullet when Brennen said she was cold around the wound. But blood bullet? And the blood on floor isn't tested at a crime scene? I thought on CSI it is!!?

Brennen's talk in her unconscious mind with her mom was good. We learned some stuff, and Brennen we saw how she couldn't understand it at first. Trying to go out the door of the house, and being sucked into space. Going with her analytical mind. But after a couple visits she opened up. Mom talked about Max which was good, but surprised she didn't have Brennen deliver a message to her brother?? She talked about the ex bf, Scott Mortensen too. But it seems she will be alittle looser when she recovers. Telling Max about the knowledge on the stolen gift was good.

So Hal caught Dr. Batuhan and his fake artifacts? Seems alittle thin to try to kill 2 people for that crime. Did they think Brennen saw them too? And it was strange that Dr. Batuhan had all the weapon parts right there by his desk. I thought it was a setup, to easy to find. They found 11 faked artifacts. I would figure Dr. Batuhan would make a good buck at that job. Did I miss something? He also worked with dead guy Jonas Brude. Booth did a nice job in his interrogation, forcing Batuhan against the wall. Was surprised Caroline Julian didn't come to see Brennen in the hospital. So she to must not have suspected Pelant. Brennen wanting to help was cute and all her, and the biopsy was good. It matches Hodges and Angela getting the lung tissue to find evidence.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by webruce (View Post)
They start with The body of a man, Jonas Brude that was found under a bridge 870 ft. high. We are in the Jeffersonian which we don't always start in. Seems on further testing after Bones went home he had had an heart attack. She went to tuck in Christina to bed.

Her and Booth had an argument about her not being spontaneous. And she takes it as not being a good mother. She gets mad and goes back to work. Security Guard Hal Bennett talks to her. First i was disappointed it was not Security Guard Micah Leggat(Enrico Colantoni-Just Shoot Me, Veronica Mars,Flashpoint, Person Of Interest) who was on in the 2010 episode, "The Doctor In The Photo". But as it went on after Brennen was shot, I said that's why it wasn't him. Then he is found dead in the stair well, even better it wasn't him.

But suspect wise, I thought it to was first Guard Hal Bennett, then my mind went to Pelant. Yes he shouldn't be talked about every episode, but it shouldn't go form there is a man hunt for him to he's not even considered a suspect. It isn't like the Batman series where we fight Joker this week, and must be the Riddler is hiding out until he unleashes his next fiendish plan. There should be some talk, either the team says ok it don't seem like Pelant, or Agent Hayes Flynn gives Booth an update? It has been 3 episodes since he was there.

I thought ice bullet when Brennen said she was cold around the wound. But blood bullet? And the blood on floor isn't tested at a crime scene? I thought on CSI it is!!?

Brennen's talk in her unconscious mind with her mom was good. We learned some stuff, and Brennen we saw how she couldn't understand it at first. Trying to go out the door of the house, and being sucked into space. Going with her analytical mind. But after a couple visits she opened up. Mom talked about Max which was good, but surprised she didn't have Brennen deliver a message to her brother?? She talked about the ex bf, Scott Mortensen too. But it seems she will be alittle looser when she recovers. Telling Max about the knowledge on the stolen gift was good.

So Hal caught Dr. Batuhan and his fake artifacts? Seems alittle thin to try to kill 2 people for that crime. Did they think Brennen saw them too? And it was strange that Dr. Batuhan had all the weapon parts right there by his desk. I thought it was a setup, to easy to find. They found 11 faked artifacts. I would figure Dr. Batuhan would make a good buck at that job. Did I miss something? He also worked with dead guy Jonas Brude. Booth did a nice job in his interrogation, forcing Batuhan against the wall. Was surprised Caroline Julian didn't come to see Brennen in the hospital. So she to must not have suspected Pelant. Brennen wanting to help was cute and all her, and the biopsy was good. It matches Hodges and Angela getting the lung tissue to find evidence.
wow you really get all the details
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

My Take on the Shot in the Dark

1. Awe Booth wants to spend some time with his family
2. OH NO! They're arguing
3. OH ON! Brennan gets shots at the lab
4. Booth tells Brennan he's sorry and she a great mother
5. He finds her on the floor shot
6. Now Christine crying
7. DON'T DIE BONES!
8. Brennan thinks she's hallucination when she sees her mother. Oh Brennan
9. Brennan tells her mother she's in love with a man and has a daughter
10. She wants to get back and tries the door.
11. You can do it Brennan!
12. YES! she made it
13. Who shot Brennan:?
14. No Bullet?
15. Poor Booth worry about Bones
16. Hodgins suggests ice bullet hmm interesting
17. NO! Brennan's heart stopped again
18. Awe Brennan and her mother trying to rekindle their mother and daughter relationship.
19. Brennan trying to comprehend between life and death
20. Frozen blood bullets? Hmm interesting. Good work guys
21. Awe Cam kissed Hodgins
23. Booth and Olivia caught the guy
24. That's it Booth show'em you don't shot his woman and get away with it
25. Awe they kissed and made up
Brennan: [smiles] And neither do I. As long as you're there. We've waited long enough.
tab62374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I write it down in a note book @Lisa. I used to on CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC sites, before they went all Facebook, write the summary of the shows. So I am still in that mode i guess.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a smart idea, I always miss things when I watch
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top