Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi! just popping in to say I loved the episode so so much, everything about it. I'll post more later, when I re-watch it, because it's so worth re-watching.

And Lisa, sorry for disappearing yesterday, I fell asleep... silly me...

ETA So I re-watched it and here are my thoughts on the episode: (again looongish post)

The teaser – I like it a lot, I fund the opening scene both ridiculously funny and kinda sweet. Sweet/BB teasing – it’s great, they care for him, worry for him, and yet never fail to tease him. They love to poke him and make fun of him. There really is a lot of affection between the three of them.

And I really like that Sweets interrogates. I find it more believable Booth has others doing this job now as we got the confirmation he’s the Head of Major Crimes Unit. He clearly teaches the younger Agents to do his job, like he always did, with Charlie, Agent Shaw (boy, I miss her, she was so endearing!), and now with Sweets. Sweets is a good profiler, he catches a lot of stuff, and helps them a lot, but he still needs to learn. And I liked how Booth listened to his conclusion about the grief part, then pointed another obvious option – the three months lasting affair. And I really liked how he took it himself when it finally mattered. He also still does a lot of investigation with Bren which I adore. I find the balance of the investigation in this episode a really well executed.

And speaking about Booth/Sweets. Booth’s attitude when Sweets wanted to talk was rude and dismissive, the guy clearly needed a friend to talk to. But, Booth was clear that Sweets should not make any decisions shortly after seeing Daisy. Was he speaking from his own experiences? Any parallels? He wanted Sweets not to dwell on the things, maybe because he dwelled so much on his relationship with Bren that he almost screwed it up? Or made him do the stupidest thing – proposing to Hannah? Yet, he should be more supportive I think. Or maybe he knew Sweets should just left the past, and don’t over think it.

And shouldn’t Booth be happier to have Sweets trying to move out? I wonder if BB really want their Baby Duck out from their home…

Also Sweet/Daisy in the Bones Room – did anyone notice the parallel to early Booth/Brennan. I find it very sweet, but I hope it was a temporary fix, I’m not sure how I feel about setting Daisy/Sweets as early/younger version of BB. And I felt we’ve been sometimes forced to swallow that concept… Especially Sweets being similar to Booth… But maybe the baby Duck is just imprinting the strongest, father-like figure in his life…? Still, I prefer him to be his own person.

And speaking about Daisy, I was so excited to see her and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed her so much! I found her professional attitude very impressive, she really matured a lot through the series. And she had the most beautiful dress ever during their coffee time. Do I want her to get back with Sweets? I’m not sure. I think a mature Daisy would be great for sweets, but I think the ship is over. For now. And I really wanted to hug her at the end.

And Momma Cam! I love Cam so much, she really is like a mother/mentor to the team. She really is amazing. I don’t think we could have gotten a better scene with counseling Daisy. As much as Bren is Daisy hero, she needed Cam then. And I think having Michelle helped her unlash the maternal side of her, the one helping her caring for all of her team now. I loved it a lot.

Hodgins – I assume he didn’t lose all his money if he’s still thinking about the launching himself into the sun after his death… Wish there was a tiny bit continuity from latest episode! Especially when Bren said Sweets been living with them for a month… Seriously? We’ve got 8 episodes and it’s been a month? So we get two cases per week in their timeline…And they hardly seem affected …e few days after Pelant? I don’t buy it.

But getting back to Hodgins, he was like an early Hodgins, eager, with crazy ideas. I enjoyed him much (but I always do, so.. ) He really is the King of the Lab, he has great chemistry with Cam, Daisy… everyone And I liked how he was disappointed with the beetles. It’s like they have failed him… so sweet of him to be this affected.
And speaking about Hodgins leads us to Angela. I was so happy to see the Bren/Angela moments! Just two little ones – but exactly what I wanted: Angela’a slight teasing, then the joke. I love those two. And of course I went slightly fangirling hearing Angela tell Bren that she and Hodgins were working together on the weapon. I know the couple is married, but I still feel happy whenever they are doing something with each other

Speaking of Brennan, she looked so pretty in this episode! First during her talk with Angela in her office – her hair! I love when she curls her hair like that. And then the pj’s of course with braids! The most adorable woman ever. I also loved her boots so much! I like how she dresses this season. The pastel colors she sports are really her thing, IMHO. I’ve been thinking this for a while.

Also Brennan was really chirpy in this episode, wasn’t she? She smiled a lot, she laughed, even Hodgins noticed something was off. Could it be another pregnancy? I doubt that, but it was really strange…

This leads us to the BB action of this episode

Firstly, did anyone find BB leaving the dead-helping guy when he clearly had a very hard time at the moment a bit insensitive? Especially on Booth’s part… He usually is so focused on being sympathetic to the victim’s family/Friends. Was it me or did anyone else sense a bit of territorial from Booth there with the hand grabbing?

And I love so much Booth/Brennan talk about their after death arrangements 9I mean the one when Bren asks Booth to change it from his post-it note). Booth was clearly disturbed by Bren’s idea of funeral ceremony. You could feel the tension in that scene. I loved that scene so much, it’s been a real while since we got such a clashing of their beliefs and characters. I actually squealed with delight at that scene even more so than at the final scene. Because it’s those little (and not-so-little) conflicts make their relationship real, believable, easy to relate to. It’s those moments and how they deal with the differences (usually trying to adjust for the benefit of the other and their life together) that makes them work, makes them them. I love it so much. And I love how both of them tried to change their wills for the sake of the other. It was so beautiful.

And this of course leads us to the final scene. The final scene. Again I’m marveled ad David’s acting skills. So many emotions. So much love, devotion, happiness and heart in everything he said. And Bren listening to him… I bet she knows all of that, yet hearing him say it to their daughter… I’m not surprised she ran up to him to hug him. I’d do the same. And I really hope Booth won’t edit the recording, because I’d really like to see my parents acting this way. Because seeing them like this, loving each other so much is what I’d like to get. Christine is one lucky girl. And I’m sure Booth made a similar recording for Parker. Because really, he’s just like that, and even so, Bren would make sure he did. It’s so amazing of her to be caring for Parker so much. I really think she considers him her son.

And you know what? I don’t care if they get married or not. Nothings gonna change, theyr are still going to be the most heartwarming, amusing, bickering and so in love couple ever. They’ll still be bringing us the tension and clashing of beliefs and sweet moments. And a wedding is not gonna change that.

The only weak point of the episode was the case, and actually it was not a weak case itself just the execution was kinda weak. It had a nice twist in the end, but because they were so much focusing on the dead-helper guy, I knew he couldn’t be the killer, so it pretty soon was obvious the only other option was the husband of the cancer victim. I just haven’t focused on the case as much to figure out why. So I think the plot idea was ok, just the execution went awry.

This felt like an early, classic Bones episode, the promo made it far more light than it actually was, and I think it’s this that made me like it so much. That it was not light, but had a great mixture of humor, angst/sadness, and a helluva of character development – which attracted me to the series in the first place. It wasn’t fast paced I felt like it was two hours long instead of one, but it wasn’t boring, it flew pretty well, I definitely couldn’t stop watching. I think it was a great episode.

So here it is

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat

Last edited by mychakk; 01-29-2013 at 06:05 AM
mychakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OK, I'm watching now and then I'll read back...

I'm always suspicious of anyone with a fannypack
So, BB have had Sweets with them over a month.
Aww they love his coffee
Brennan asking about Sweets' sex life!
Uhoh, 2 bodies.
Oh no Daisy, she's being Dr.Brennan again.
Some kind of weird burial thing.
UNF! Love Brennan's hair!
She's being agreeable
Ha, I know someone called Rachel Knox!
Brennan's Will is 312 pages
Booth's is on a sticky note
Booth doesn't want much does he?
Oops, Booth broke a frame!
That guy holding Brennan's hand
I love Brennan's outfit!
Hodgins teasing Daisy, not the best idea.
Awww, Brennan laughing at Angela's joke
Oof, awkward conversation between Daisy/Sweets.
Brennan teaching Booth about tantric sex
Everyone is so confused by Daisy
Cam/Hodgins talking about post death arrangements, love it!
Hodgins is going to use the coffee grinder!
Booth is NOT listening to Sweets
Uhoh Sweets is lying about seeing someone.
Oooh, she may have been murdered.
Brennan's burial plans?! Ewww!
He helped to euthanize her, not too surprising.
I'm quite glad Sweets didn't prosecute him.
The husband was cheating, not good dude!
Booth is scarier then Sweets
He killed them both, not smart man.
Aww Cam talking to Daisy
Awww, Booth don't record a message for Christine So sad
But Brennan in her PJ's is adorable
His little speech
Tears
Awww Brennan running to hug Booth, so cute
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Brennan's Will is 312 pages
Booth's is on a sticky note
this made me laugh so hard! it's so them, isn't it?

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im watching now

eww the opening is gross as usual

B&B like Sweet's coffee. so thats they dont mind him staying

Daisy is back
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychakk (View Post)
this made me laugh so hard! it's so them, isn't it?
It actually is

Quote:
Sweet/BB teasing – it’s great, they care for him, worry for him, and yet never fail to tease him. They love to poke him and make fun of him. There really is a lot of affection between the three of them.
Doesn't it just seem like SUCH a family?

Quote:
I find it more believable Booth has others doing this job now as we got the confirmation he’s the Head of Major Crimes Unit.
I'm glad we have a reason for it now, makes sense, definitely.

And yes, Shaw back on more please!

I'll comment on the rest as we go on
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

aww Sweets and Daisy is cute and awkward
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bless them!

Quote:
And speaking about Booth/Sweets. Booth’s attitude when Sweets wanted to talk was rude and dismissive, the guy clearly needed a friend to talk to. But, Booth was clear that Sweets should not make any decisions shortly after seeing Daisy. Was he speaking from his own experiences? Any parallels? He wanted Sweets not to dwell on the things, maybe because he dwelled so much on his relationship with Bren that he almost screwed it up? Or made him do the stupidest thing – proposing to Hannah? Yet, he should be more supportive I think. Or maybe he knew Sweets should just left the past, and don’t over think it.
I think it was more of "Sweets, we've been here before, and you know what happens. You know you need to let it be and move on and I'm not going to pander to you when we both know that you know this".
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
Bless them!

I think it was more of "Sweets, we've been here before, and you know what happens. You know you need to let it be and move on and I'm not going to pander to you when we both know that you know this".
agree he was trying to help Sweets realize that on his own I think
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Still, I prefer him to be his own person.
I honestly never get much of that feeling, that they're meant to be a young BB. I more get the feeling that S/D were meant to be a bit of a realisation that different people can be a couple. And yeah, there are some similarities but i never feel they are pushing a young BB vibe.

Quote:
but I think the ship is over.
I'd be quite happy to see them done, I did like them as a couple but I think they've ran their course of what they can do for/with each other.

Quote:
Especially when Bren said Sweets been living with them for a month… Seriously? We’ve got 8 episodes and it’s been a month?
I think this ep was meant to be much earlier so they weren't sure on the timeline. Though, I did just look and it was filmed straight after Archaeologist, and before Pelant ep, so who knows. And keep in mind the bonus eps won't have been counted in their timeline thoughts. When filming this, there was only 4 eps/cases since Tiger which is much more likely for a month.
Edit: that didn't make much sense in what I wrote, sorry, I was looking it up as I was thinking/writing.
Basically, the bonus eps have thrown their timeline here, plus moving of episodes.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh and I loved the Cam and Daisy talk at the end

and of course Booth making his video to Christine.only Brennan would choose a volcano to spread her ashes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She tried to do something for him at least

Quote:
And I liked how he was disappointed with the beetles. It’s like they have failed him… so sweet of him to be this affected.
He's so insane, it's so cute

Quote:
Speaking of Brennan, she looked so pretty in this episode! First during her talk with Angela in her office – her hair! I love when she curls her hair like that. And then the pj’s of course with braids! The most adorable woman ever. I also loved her boots so much! I like how she dresses this season. The pastel colors she sports are really her thing, IMHO. I’ve been thinking this for a while.
She was HOT this ep, and the adorable Love the Brennan styling this season, they've got it right!

Quote:
Also Brennan was really chirpy in this episode, wasn’t she? She smiled a lot, she laughed, even Hodgins noticed something was off. Could it be another pregnancy? I doubt that, but it was really strange…
I doubt it, but it was cute!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Haven't yet had a chance to read through the thread on how everyone thought of last night's episode, but as for me I really loved this episode especially the ending (Darn you DB for once again having the ability to make me cry) If I wasn't getting emotional I was laughing out loud when Brennan launched herself into Booth's arms after hearing his video to Christine. They truly are adorable and I can't wait to see the rest of this great season unfold

As for the promo, I'm not sure how I feel about a certain scene. We'll see how it plays out next week!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how BB can go from crying emotion to mocking and teasing each other
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It actually is

Doesn't it just seem like SUCH a family?
yeah! Sweets/BB are a family I simply adore.

Quote:

I think this ep was meant to be much earlier so they weren't sure on the timeline. Though, I did just look and it was filmed straight after Archaeologist, and before Pelant ep, so who knows. And keep in mind the bonus eps won't have been counted in their timeline thoughts. When filming this, there was only 4 eps/cases since Tiger which is much more likely for a month.
Edit: that didn't make much sense in what I wrote, sorry, I was looking it up as I was thinking/writing.
Basically, the bonus eps have thrown their timeline here, plus moving of episodes.
And this makes sense, I forgot about the added episodes, but at the same time, I hate when the time line is screwed up...

Quote:
He's so insane, it's so cute
It is! Hodgins really is cute in his insanity! I love him so much!

Quote:
This! It's the reason why they are so enjoyable to watch

And! I realized why Bren was so chirpy this episode. I think it might have been done as a contrast to Daisy's professionalism. As in, Bren is really happy now with her life, and she never really was despite her claiming, back then when she tried to be overly logical, rational and professional.

SherlockMolly
icon - my cat
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know they are so comfortable with each other I just can't get enough of that hug
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top