Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There was no thought, none at all.

Though, I do wonder about the Jeffersonian's funding now? Was it just Hodgins' accounts he drained or Cantilever ones too? I mean, I know they'll have assets and the like but what about the ability to fund the Jeffersonian. Are they going to have to find other donors?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
There was no thought, none at all.

Though, I do wonder about the Jeffersonian's funding now? Was it just Hodgins' accounts he drained or Cantilever ones too? I mean, I know they'll have assets and the like but what about the ability to fund the Jeffersonian. Are they going to have to find other donors?
That's an interesting thought. I really wonder to what extent it is going to affect the team.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, what an episode I really liked that the Hodgin's were the center of the episode we rarely get them in a center of a storyline I really liked how scared Hodgins looked it really terrified him that he and his family were targeted. I'm really glad that Angie is there for him she's such a great life partner for him and I really loved the last scene it was sweet.

Good episode overall, I really enjoyed it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

me too

I have a feeling it was mostly Hodgins money from how he was talking. but it could affect the Jeffersonian as well
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
That's an interesting thought. I really wonder to what extent it is going to affect the team.
I didn't think about it until later. And even if it's Hodgins' money that Pelant took, surely he'll need to use more from Cantilever, if they're separate, to subsidize their living expensive. I am reallllly curious to see what happens with this, and if it'll be touched upon again.

I loved that we saw a mention of his grandfather in WW2 again.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
I didn't think about it until later. And even if it's Hodgins' money that Pelant took, surely he'll need to use more from Cantilever, if they're separate, to subsidize their living expensive. I am reallllly curious to see what happens with this, and if it'll be touched upon again.

I loved that we saw a mention of his grandfather in WW2 again.
its so good to learn more about him
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We got a lot more from him this ep.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

So I watched the episode again, and here are some thoughts and impressions of mine (typed while re-watching): (looooong post)

It’s one of the most gruesome corpses on Bones… yeah, I prefer them bones.

And Max taking care of Christine – I love how much Booth and Bren trusts him.

The staying into the system talk – this moment! You can really see how the four of them are friends that do trust each other’s judgment and abilities. They have totally different views on the issues presented but in the end, they do stand together. Also, despite being freaked out, both Angela and Hodgins know BB are the best. I really liked this scene.

Seriously, I could live without another close-up on that corpse…..

Caroline! and the lockdown of the lab, with only the trusted working on the case. Pelant did make them paranoid. but I'm not surprised, would have done the same.

I really like how Cam reminds Hodgins of the flower petals he's supposed to be working on, she both make him feel needed, productive, and focused, thus keeping him from doing something foolish. She's really a good boss and a friend. And good for her for staying objective. She was definitely affected by it, yet she's kept professional. I like that about her.

And I'm always for any Bren/Angela bonding. It's good Bren shared what she felt during her flight.

It makes me shiver watching Pelant make that security pass card. He's a fictional character, but a person with such a abilities, IQ and no real moral system is very dangerous... he's is very freaky.

I'm still not sure what I think of Flynn. The actor playing him gives me strange vibes, and makes me distrusting of him. And I'm still puzzling why he picked up the marigold, it was such a strange action of him.

Also I like how serious Caroline while working with Sweets and Booth on the case in Booth's office. She can be very sarcastic, demanding, and overbearing, but when it's someone she cares threatened, she can be very focused. I like that.

When i first watched and heard the victim was a Special Forces, my first thought was - someone Booth knew, a friend, fellow soldier...

I liked the Flynn/Booth scene over the files. It was kinda suspicious he got them, but he seemed really sincere in wanting to help them find Pelant. I can see him wanting to be involved, it was his case for over three months, and if he really is a good guy and a good agent, he'd want to catch Pelant. So it seems I'm warming up to him.

Hodgins breaks my heart in this episode. Cam was trying to stay professional, he was coping until he felt he was able to do something even if it cost him money, but then his facade falls and we can see how much protective he can get, how much he's affected. I really wanted to give him hug then...

You know what, I like when Booth and Sweets goes to field together. They do make a good team. Of course I prefer when he goes with Bren, but sometimes it's good for her to be in the lab and he going alone/with Sweets. BB are partners but also they are focused on their own jobs as well. Also it was a very nice touch with Booth destroying the cellphone. They really try to prevent Pelant from knowing what they do.

And Sweets really considers BB, the Hodgins, and the rest as his family, IMHO. He might have been professionally concerned for Hodgins, but I think he really went to him first and most as his friend. Of course he tends to be annoying in his approach, but he has heart in the right place. I like how he went to Cam, because he was really worried, and how he protested he was there as their friend. And I liked how Cam argued against his advice. Again she proved what a great friend she is, and what a great boss.

Wow, I think it was the first time we've seen Booth talking back to Caroline, he's usually understanding, and very polite/careful with dealing with her, there is this sarcastic teasing there too, and mutual affection, but here, he was rude to her. I think for the first time. And I really liked how she immediately called him on his crap. She really came on top of that disagreement and she really owns every scene she's in. I really, really liked that one.

I love Hodgins/Angela in this one so, so much! When he wants to biopsy his lung, and she stops him, only to realize what he tries to do, she's right there with him. And you can see how much he loves her in that moment.

I find that Pelant/Brennan talk not that ...great. There was no real tension there. It was just a talk, he was gloating, but it didn't really make me feel anything, and she was not that affected. The scene lacked, IMHO. Even her slight irritation at being called dumb because of her motherhood, and his calling her Temperance didn't make it better. It was just mah... for me.

The little BB scene reminded me a bit of Two Bodies in the Lab - Booth not wanting to leave Bren out of his sight, but at the same time he knew she could take care of herself and that she was probably safe at the lab. I like how he turns to look at her one last time before he leaves. But again, there was something missing, I'd like him to touch her shoulder, or them locking eyes for a moment, the feelings passing between them, or (this was my first thought when I watched it for the first time), them sharing a very brief reassuring kiss before he left. I don't know, there was something missing in that scene... but maybe I read too much fanfiction

The Enigma machine! I squealed when I first watched the episode. Such a brilliant idea, and of course Hodgins would know about those, and of course he'd own them too. I really, really liked this.

And Hodgins was slowly losing it, and even Angela was surprised and getting worried. Also, go Angela with the projectors!

And you know what? I love that Booth just went with the Enigma machine. He said it's because it was Hodgins, but I think he really realized Jack needed this, making sure he coded the massages so much, Pelant would be unable to decipher them. The show doesn't focus much on Booth/Hodgins friendship, but in this episode it was there in the background, solid and sincere. I'm very happy with that.

When they came up with the spaming Pelant idea (man, brilliance! ) you could see how much trust there is between the team. They don't really argue, but listens, and trust the judgment of those who are the best in their field of work. Amazing team work in this episode. I'm not sure they'd be able to fight Pelant if they hadn't been working together so long, and if their relationships weren't this strong and if there wasn't so much trust and knowing each other as it's now.

Once again, a serious Caroline, still willing to help them, a really eager Flynn (not sure what to think of it, but maybe he was excited they might get Pelant this time). And Booth just confirmed my previous paragraph with his immediate, without any doubt admittance of trusting Hogdins judgment.

Booth in an FBI vest? Yes, please! Anytime of the day!

And Booth/Sweets talk! It was amazing. How Sweets wanted to be with Booth, he really want to back him up, and how Booth went overprotective over him. And I love how Booth admits he's trust only Sweets to be able to carry the job of getting Pelant, if something happened to him. When I first watched this scene I got impression as if Booth was also telling Sweets to take care of his family. But that might be my fangirl side speaking, as I'm a big fan of Bren/Booth/Sweets family/sibling like, and I'm sure he still lives with them.

I really liked how fast paced, full of tension the episode was. When Booth and FBI enters the Serberus, while the Squints try to find out the code, we're at the peak of the drama. It's very palpable.

Seriously?! They just see this guy who manages to escape the justice so many times, and Flynn calls his name?! The stupidest moment of a great episode.

I wasn't that surprised Flynn got shot. Wish he didn't, but I wasn't surprised. What i'm wondering is why neither of them got any wounds from the bullets ricocheting from the walls...

Snaper!Booth - so, so hot! And that fierce look when he realized Pelant escaped... wow. I must say I wasn't sure I wanted Pelant to be killed this episode... I think he's the best villain they have. And wow, even not killing Pelant, Booth made a very good shot, still making the target (a man driving a speeding away car!), he IS the best with his marksmanship.

Again, like Sweets/Booth little moment of friendship. And that Booth talked to the unconscious Flynn.

And the last twist, that made brought the drama to higher levels then before (wasn't sure it was even possible...) - the drone over Afghanistan heading for a school. Man, Pelant is really wicked. And this was a really chilling last few minutes. The biggest surprise of the episode - Pelant wiping out all Hodgins' accounts. Not seen that coming. Again - wicked. And there was not real case with the money v. girls in Afghanistan, of course the girls were more important. And Hodgins never really cared for the money, BUT! he never really lived without them... So. I wonder where they'd take it from here. Also, could Pelant just take all their money away? And really is there no way for them to get them back? Somehow it's hard to believe for me...

I really loved how they were all working from two different places, squints from the lab, FBI from the Serberus. Also I liked how Bren and Booth understood each other in that scene - the shout she gave when they realized what the target was. And when they stopped the drone, I loved how all of them were relieved. It was clear how much they care.

The couples' scenes were very sweet, Hodgela one - I love that Hodgins slime and bugged the muffin. And Booth/Bren one - she just know him really well, and he just want to keep his family safe.

And the last scene! Could have lived without that image.... really. ugh...

And I guess, Booth's gonna be next on the list...

Post ep thoughts/Summing up:

I'm glad there was no squintern this episode. There wasn't any real time nor place for them, and it was more realistic for them keeping the squinterns off this kind of case.

I didn't mind the little amount of BB scenes in this episode. I find it kinda refreshing we were focusing on other characters (mainly Hodings/Angela), a strong, fast-paced case.

It was really good seeing the teamwork and the trust shared by our characters.

This was a very good episode, definitely one of the best this season.

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
mychakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG wow that post is amazing Kinga!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks *blushes*

I'm kinda talkative when I'm excited... and I do overthink a lot... and of course this episode was amazing, so...

but someone earlier mentioned their concern for the Jeffersonian now that Pelant stole the money, I never thought about it. I wonder how it affect them, the Institute and if it even will be addressed....

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My long ass reply -

Quote:
It’s one of the most gruesome corpses on Bones… yeah, I prefer them bones.
Yeah, it was sickening, and dripping on Hodgins!

Quote:
And Max taking care of Christine – I love how much Booth and Bren trusts him.
I loooove that Brennan has been able to trust him again, after him leaving her and the ep when she couldn't get in touch with him. Speaks volumes about her if she knew that was the safest place for Christine.

Quote:
Caroline! and the lockdown of the lab, with only the trusted working on the case. Pelant did make them paranoid. but I'm not surprised, would have done the same.
It was a very smart move on their part, and I loved seeing them get back to working with each of their skills rather than on the computers so much.

Quote:
She's really a good boss and a friend. And good for her for staying objective. She was definitely affected by it, yet she's kept professional. I like that about her.
YES! Even when we don't see much of her, she is always doing this. She is such a good boss for them, she really knows how to get them all working best. And on a personal level, she understand who they are/how they tick and is good at judging how to manage that.

Quote:
And I'm always for any Bren/Angela bonding. It's good Bren shared what she felt during her flight.
I loved hearing that little more about her time away, and her using it to help Angela was lovely.

Quote:
It makes me shiver watching Pelant make that security pass card.
I felt soooo sick here, he is unstoppable.

Quote:
I'm still not sure what I think of Flynn.
Me too, and it's making me sooo uncomfortable that Booth seems so trusting of him, I feel it isn't going to end well. Especially with Flynn bringing the confidential file, how did HE get it? A favour? Hmmmm!

Quote:
someone she cares threatened
NEVER mess with caroline, she is one serious woman when needed!

Quote:
someone Booth knew, a friend, fellow soldier
It scared me too, it's always soooo much harder for Booth in those circumstances.

Quote:
Hodgins breaks my heart in this episode.
TJ is outstanding, his raw pain was harrowing. I wanted to hold him sooo hard!

Quote:
Of course he tends to be annoying in his approach, but he has heart in the right place.
That's why I can never hate Sweets like others do, his intentions ARE good, no matter what.

Quote:
And I really liked how she immediately called him on his crap. She really came on top of that disagreement and she really owns every scene she's in. I really, really liked that one.
I'm glad she could do that, he needs that sometimes. It helps him work properly in keeps him moral in a lot of ways I think.

Quote:
she's right there with him
That's Angela/Hodgins, I think that's their whole dynamic. She's with him in whatever he does, as long as she believes in him.

Quote:
I find that Pelant/Brennan talk not that ...great.
Quote:
Booth not wanting to leave Bren out of his sight, but at the same time he knew she could take care of herself and that she was probably safe at the lab. I like how he turns to look at her one last time before he leaves.
These two did seem a little lacking, very sweet on the second, and needed though.

Large spoiler below, not this ep but future ep.
Spoiler:

Quote:
The show doesn't focus much on Booth/Hodgins friendship,
I miss that from the early seasons! But, using the machines was a good nod to it I think, Booth knew he did need it.

Quote:
Amazing team work in this episode. I'm not sure they'd be able to fight Pelant if they hadn't been working together so long, and if their relationships weren't this strong and if there wasn't so much trust and knowing each other as it's now.
I think it's tough enough now! Definitely not back in earlier seasons, they have such a good understanding of each other now that they can do this and beat Pelant!

Quote:
When I first watched this scene I got impression as if Booth was also telling Sweets to take care of his family.
It was very much that sort of speech, and I imagine it was a great honour for Sweets to hear that from Booth.

Quote:
Flynn calls his name?!
It's something Booth did in a season 1 episode to ensure he had the right person. Plus, I imagine it's quite instinctual to shot of someone like that especially when they don't WANT to shoot him.

Quote:
And that fierce look when he realized Pelant escaped... wow.
He is an amazing shot, to harm Pelant in some way was all we were going to get and Booth did amazing!

Quote:
Also, could Pelant just take all their money away? And really is there no way for them to get them back? Somehow it's hard to believe for me...
I imagine they'll figure out a way to get it back, all or in parts, eventually. And I see a donation to that school happening. Those poor girls were terrified. My heart was breaking and so were everyone's on the team, so scary. But the team were all in it together, no doubt there.

Quote:
I didn't mind the little amount of BB scenes in this episode. I find it kinda refreshing we were focusing on other characters
Agreed, a mix is waaaay better than all BB fluff. I love all the team, and want to see them in more than B roles more.

Quote:
but someone earlier mentioned their concern for the Jeffersonian now that Pelant stole the money, I never thought about it. I wonder how it affect them, the Institute and if it even will be addressed....
I hope it is, really hope as it was set up to be a BIG part of it.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychakk (View Post)
Thanks *blushes*

I'm kinda talkative when I'm excited... and I do overthink a lot... and of course this episode was amazing, so...

I hope it will be addrsesed too

sorry Im not great at long posts
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Absolutely brilliant episode last night. Possibly one of the best Bones episodes ever...and the ratings went up too---audiences obviously like the Pelant story line...

Now if Bones could just stay with these serious/dark episodes (like the kind they used to have in the early seasons), instead of the dumb, cartoon villains of the week. But that's not going to happen unfortunately. Sigh....can't wait for Pelant to return.
spunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

My turn to reply

Quote:
Quote: Caroline! and the lockdown of the lab, with only the trusted working on the case. Pelant did make them paranoid. but I'm not surprised, would have done the same.

It was a very smart move on their part, and I loved seeing them get back to working with each of their skills rather than on the computers so much.
Yeah I liked that too. It was so great to see them working with their field of work. Bren boiling bones for example.

Quote:
Quote: She's really a good boss and a friend. And good for her for staying objective. She was definitely affected by it, yet she's kept professional. I like that about her.

YES! Even when we don't see much of her, she is always doing this. She is such a good boss for them, she really knows how to get them all working best. And on a personal level, she understand who they are/how they tick and is good at judging how to manage that.
I like Cam, but am not that huge fan, as in a squealing one. But she's really likable now, and she has this great quiet support for her team. I begin to think she's a really under-appreciated character in the show.

Quote:
Quote: I'm still not sure what I think of Flynn.

Me too, and it's making me sooo uncomfortable that Booth seems so trusting of him, I feel it isn't going to end well. Especially with Flynn bringing the confidential file, how did HE get it? A favour? Hmmmm!
yeah, it is very suspicious... I'm not sure I want him to be bad, but at the same time I can't seem to trust him.

Quote:
TJ is outstanding, his raw pain was harrowing. I wanted to hold him sooo hard!
He was! I was really blown by his performance.

Quote:
Quote: Of course he tends to be annoying in his approach, but he has heart in the right place.

That's why I can never hate Sweets like others do, his intentions ARE good, no matter what.
Yes! I didn't liked him at first, and he still sometimes annoys me, but he sure cares. A lot. And I think Bren and Booth learned that about him, too

Quote:
Quote: And I really liked how she immediately called him on his crap. She really came on top of that disagreement and she really owns every scene she's in. I really, really liked that one.

I'm glad she could do that, he needs that sometimes. It helps him work properly in keeps him moral in a lot of ways I think.
I agree. He's Head of the Major Crimes, not many people would stand up to him, i think.

Quote:
Quote: I find that Pelant/Brennan talk not that ...great.

Quote: Booth not wanting to leave Bren out of his sight, but at the same time he knew she could take care of herself and that she was probably safe at the lab. I like how he turns to look at her one last time before he leaves.

These two did seem a little lacking, very sweet on the second, and needed though.

Large spoiler below, not this ep but future ep.
Spoiler:
i didn't think about it like that, but I guess it does make sense.

Quote:
Quote: When I first watched this scene I got impression as if Booth was also telling Sweets to take care of his family.

It was very much that sort of speech, and I imagine it was a great honour for Sweets to hear that from Booth.
I think so too, he was honoured, and that's why I think he agreed without any arguing.

Quote:
Quote: Flynn calls his name?!

It's something Booth did in a season 1 episode to ensure he had the right person. Plus, I imagine it's quite instinctual to shot of someone like that especially when they don't WANT to shoot him.
It does make sense. Maybe i overeacted.

Quote:
Quote: I didn't mind the little amount of BB scenes in this episode. I find it kinda refreshing we were focusing on other characters

Agreed, a mix is waaaay better than all BB fluff. I love all the team, and want to see them in more than B roles more.
Yes, I did fell in love with the show because of ALL the characters not only BB. So i like other characters focused episodes.

Quote:
sorry Im not great at long posts
It;s ok I usually type my thought then post and then stare at the enormity I just wrote...

SherlockMolly
icon - my cat
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

me too I love when all of them have to work together

Pellant episodes are just so good
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top