Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

yay you got to see it Effie
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was really cool, such an interesting way to shoot the whole thing!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know it was so interesting. and I loved the ending when you could see him "leaving" on his skateboard
Old 12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it was so poignant, glad he got his goodbye.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I just thought it was very weird that everyone decided to talk to the skull in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lisa~ (View Post)
I know it was so interesting. and I loved the ending when you could see him "leaving" on his skateboard
I think that last scene may have been the only one from the episode that I actually liked. It was touching and I'm glad he got the closure that he needed.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
Yeah, it was so poignant, glad he got his goodbye.
me too

I guess it was the only way they could do it from the vitctim's POV
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

This was really the most ridiculous Bones episode ever, I didn't even watch the whole episode, it was that bad.

When I watch a show which is based in the supernatural world, I get it, it's fiction, I can enjoy the story. But when a show based in the real world starts with this hokus pokus bull**** I get really angry.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh Im sorry some people didn't like the episode

it did take a while to get used to the camera angles and stuff but I think they did it really well
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry some people didn't enjoy the episode.

I enjoyed it, it was something different that they tried, yeah it wouldn't work for every episode but it was good to see a different perspective on the cases and characters for once.

Brennan has spoken to bones before, and since the seed was planted by Avalon they sort of went with it, especially in the case of a child at such a time in their lives. It can imagine it's quite comforting to move your focus from time to time, to express yourself in a different way to try and combat an unusual case.

I don't believe it was that much unrealistic, some people genuinely believe that a body/person has a soul or spirit that lives on with unfinished business, the episode just explored that side of the case, the side of the victim. Especially in this case when they ended up delivering the massage the boy wanted and allowed him to move on and be peaceful.

I really commend that writers/team for taking a risk and doing something different, I'm not saying I love every aspect, but I understand what they were doing, I enjoyed the change of perspective and I am thrilled that this isn't a show that rests on it's laurels of the same all the time, they try new things.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
I had high expectations of this episode and I was disappointed. I didn't like the whole point of view thing.
I was excited to see Cyndi Lauper guest star, but overall, I didn't enjoy this episode. I get that they wanted to try something different, and it's good to take risks once in a while, but it just didn't work for me.

Loved the scene at the end where Booth made Brennan the mix tape with "hot Blooded" and they were all dancing.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Loved the scene at the end where Booth made Brennan the mix tape with "hot Blooded" and they were all dancing.
Who doesn't love seeing Brennan dancing?

Quote:
Brennan has spoken to bones before, and since the seed was planted by Avalon they sort of went with it, especially in the case of a child at such a time in their lives. It can imagine it's quite comforting to move your focus from time to time, to express yourself in a different way to try and combat an unusual case.

I don't believe it was that much unrealistic, some people genuinely believe that a body/person has a soul or spirit that lives on with unfinished business, the episode just explored that side of the case, the side of the victim. Especially in this case when they ended up delivering the massage the boy wanted and allowed him to move on and be peaceful.
I can definitely see the whole thing happening because of the seed that Avalon planted. That wasn't really a problem for me (By the way, I loved Cyndi Lauper. I think she did a great job like she did last time we saw her).

I don't think we've actually seen the talking to the bones being this extreme where everyone was talking to it. Also, Brennan taking the skull home. I'm not buying it.

The storyline didn't really grab my attention until the end. I'm glad I didn't shut it off like I was planning on and the ending really made up for the dislike I had.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

the ending was the best
Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Also, Brennan taking the skull home. I'm not buying it.
I will concede here, I thought that was a bit, I dunno, strange. I know she's taken other evidence home this season (since we've seen her home more) but I feel like there'd be a rule about not taking a skull home?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I will concede here, I thought that was a bit, I dunno, strange. I know she's taken other evidence home this season (since we've seen her home more) but I feel like there'd be a rule about not taking a skull home?
Haha, Agree!
hernameispekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Some kind of legal thing really, oops
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top