Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
I am still in all honesty in SHOCK over everything we got on ALL accounts.

And did I even ever mention Sweets? He was so adorable, all freaking out all episode long. And then just tossing his book and crumbling in the end!
Sweets was basically us! It's how I felt anyway
Old 04-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

I loved Sweet's in this episode. He was totally crushed. Totally mimicks us.

I still can't totally word everything that is going through my mind. It's like the episode totally drained my brain function.
Icon: Unknown
hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know, I will never be the same again now
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't feel their story was a rewrite at all, because when I saw the pilot I was like "ok, what's going on between these two? Why the hostility?" it was obvious they've known each other for awhile.
I'm still in awe over that episode... it was so special and beautiful, and that last scene... Emily&David - kill me now
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

♥Demily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely not a rewrite, it all fit and it made everything make sense!

I am dead I swear, it was the episode of dreams.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effielive (View Post)
I am dead I swear, it was the episode of dreams.
Totally. I don't know how I was hating it for most of the episode. The more I think about it, the more awesome it was and I can't wait to watch it again. Does anybody know where it's available to download? I can't find it yet in my usual places I download stuff.
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^I will send you a link to get Dls from.

It was so amazing, I haven't watched it yet today but I made my mam watch it last night. She loved it and gasped through it and then hugged me
Old 04-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

Can anyone point me to a site with good caps of last night? I think I wanna make some BB icons!
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

♥Demily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know any sorry, I do know you can usually get them from Bones Daily or the Bones Spoiler Blog but I haven't looked.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

to all the new posters, feyn and cliffordsimmons and CockyBeltBuckle and the returning one(s) roarimaraptor.

feyn - I'm truly sorry you felt this episode couldn't have happened as it did, but as other posters have said, in the Pilot there were multiple references to the Cleo Eller case NOT being their first case. That they had worked together at some point prior and that it didn't go so well. The Cleo Eller case in the Pilot was the first one she got out of the lab and got to go 'investigate' good with him and the one that convinced her she wanted to do homicide investigations with him.

Here are a few moments or quotes from the Pilot that elude to their previous case.

Bones: Look I’m sorry if I embarrassed you in front of your friends but next time you should identify yourself before attacking me. (She whips her head around in Booths direction.) (to Booth) What are you doing here?
Booth: (steps forward to table pulling out his ID) FBI, Special Agent, Seeley Booth, Major Crime Investigation, D.C. Bones identifies bodies for us.
Bones: Don’t call me Bones. (to H.S.G.) And I do more then identify.
Booth: She also writes books. (pulls out book and slides it across the table to the H.S.G.)
(H.S.G. looks at the book on the table. It has a black cover with Temperance Brennan in white letters at the top and the title, Bred in the Bone, is in blood red.)
H.S.G.: (looks up at Booth) Fine she’s all yours.
Booth: Great. Let’s grab your skull and let’s vamoose.
Bones: (to H.S.G. angry) What? That’s it? She’s all yours? Why did you stop me?
Booth: What does it matter? You’re free to go. Let’s just grab your bags. Click, Click, kling, kling.
(he picks up her bags off the table)
Bones: You set me up. (To H.S.G.) You got a hold for questioning request from the F.B.I. didn’t you?
(H.S.G. looks behind her at Booth. She turns to look at Booth and he shifts his eyes downward. The H.S.G. smiles and taps the book)
H.S.G.: I love this book. (he hands it to her)
(She takes the book from him and her skull off the table and walks out of the room)
Bones: C’mon.

Even in the first meeting in the Pilot we knew they'd met before.

And even MORE evidene:
Bones: That’s the best you can do?
Booth: What?
Bones: Getting Homeland Security to snatch me so you can stage a fake rescue.
Booth: Well at least I picked you up at the airport…huh? Alright c’mon. I mean I went through the appropriate channels but your assistant there he stonewalled me.
Bones: (Angry) Yeah, well after the last case I told Zach never ever to put you through. He’s a good assistant. (looks out her window) You can let me out anywhere along here.
Booth: Alright listen. A decomposed corpse was found this morning at Arlington National Cemetery.
Bones: (Cuts him off) Arlington National Cemetery if full of decomposed corpses. It’s…a cemetery.
Booth: Yeah but this one is your type of corpse. It wasn’t in a casket.
Bones: If you drive one more block, I’m screaming kidnap out the window.
Booth: You know what I’m trying to mend bridges here.
Bones: Alright, pull over.
(Booth pulls to the curb squealing his tires. Bones jumps out with her bags and he jumps out of his side.)
Bones: I’m going home.

I won't drag over more, but it's clear that they did meet before, so to me is was VERY plausible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordsimmons (View Post)
What concerns me the most about the idea of them only getting together @ the end of the series is that the writers will use more ridiculous and unrealistic devices to keep them apart, and by the time they finally get together no one will care.

I love this series and don't want network stupidity to spoil it. Not having B&B take a natural progression together robs the show of what makes it great, evolution. In this show, you can see a clear evolution of all the characters personalities etc from who they were on day 1. Retarding this , to milk more out of an element of the drama you think gains ratings is the criminal level of stupidity that networks so often engage in.
I understand your fears but so far Bones hasn't DONE the typical stuff, in my mind, to keep them apart. Not the ridiculous stuff. To me, I trust Hart and David and Emily to make it a CHARACTER show not a soap opera, and I have the ultimate faith now it IS about Booth and Brennan and their character growth more than ever, afte the 100th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyBeltBuckle (View Post)
I both loved it and hated it, but I'm not sure she did totally stamp all over his revelation. Essentially, she was saying she saw it too but because of the way she is they couldn't try it because she could never change and it wouldn't last because of that and he needed protecting so she didn't break his heart. She doesn't realise she's already changed and that, essentially, they've already built a lasting relationship. So painful.
I know. What was so FREAKING EXCITING to me was that she didn't really deny loving him, not to Booth. She only went into panic mode and relied on her past, her fears. THAT encouraged me so much, actually.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She did not deny her love.

Thanks for putting all that together Karen
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for all the quotes Karen

exactly she never said she didn't love him she's just not ready
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |so alive| (View Post)
Can anyone point me to a site with good caps of last night? I think I wanna make some BB icons!
Bones Daily - 5x16 - The Parts in the Sum of the Whole

try this
Passion, it lies in all of us. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we would be hollow. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
bh11000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

And we'll get to see her become ready I think. It might not be this season, but we'll see her internal fight and her realization that she is in love with him and when she's ready it'll send us into a coma.
Icon: Unknown
hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hann (View Post)
And we'll get to see her become ready I think. It might not be this season, but we'll see her internal fight and her realization that she is in love with him and when she's ready it'll send us into a coma.
That´s right Right now she is really scared and cant deal with her feelings! I think it was the right time to Booth altought she wasn´t ready That scene really broke my heart
Passion, it lies in all of us. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we would be hollow. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
bh11000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top