Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

RYAN! RYAAAAAAAAAAN! RYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!

I just couldn't. No way.

Refn on Logan's Run:

Quote:
"I haven’t finished the script yet,” Refn said, “but it is a movie that we all want to make. We’re in the process of making it… My Logan’s Run take is, how do you see the future from now and not just make it what it used to be?”

“You can’t do a remake of things when technology in our world is already advanced,” he continued. “The iPhone is more advanced than the Logan’s Run of the ’70s, so it’s rethinking that. And that’s what I spend most of my time on.”

The original Logan’s Run, about a member of a dystopian society who revolts against its mandatory termination of anyone over the age of 30, won an Oscar for its visual effects (which admittedly don’t quite hold up, decades later). Many of the directors previously attached to the remake, including Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski, and Carl Erik Rinsch, have experience working visual effects into their films. But Refn’s painterly style thus far has been more practical in nature, and his Logan’s Run may not rely much on graphics work: “I would love to make it more with sets and designs and less with CGI.”

Nicolas Winding Refn on His Logan's Run Remake | Movieline
Also something worth noting from Refn's intro speech last night:

Quote:
And Albert Brooks. Very soon you’ll be seeing another film between Albert, myself, and Ryan. He’s going to be writing a comedy for us. Thank you and enjoy the film!”

LA Film Fest: Director Nicolas Winding Refn Introduces Drive | Movieline
And on the red carpet:

Quote:
"We're doing a comedy, and Albert Brooks promised he'd write the screenplay," Refn told 24 Frames on Friday afternoon, a few hours before his movie premiered in Los Angeles. "Well, that's not exactly true. But print it and we'll make it true."

Gosling chimed in with a slight clarification. "We're definitely going to do a comedy, and we're trying desperately to get [Brooks] to write it."

And what comedic genre could Gosling and Refn -- known respectively for their dramas and dark thrillers -- possibly have in mind? "It's a romantic comedy set in New York, which seems like a great place to start," Refn said.

Los Angeles Film Festival: As buzz builds for 'Drive,' Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Refn contemplate a different genre - latimes.com
And if there's someone who isn't Lina or myself who wants to start the next thread, that'd be great.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

No one wants to make the new thread, huh?

Lina, you can do it then, IYW. Maybe leave the title open so when something comes up we can edit it in?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay. Will do hun