Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he has said that as well that he thought he thought he was good looking.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Nic knows and exploited that in Drive too lol. He was so beautifully shot in both Ides and Drive! I always thought Ryan was good looking, in a non-traditionalm, charming kind of way. But after last year I am seriously reconsidering lol.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

He really was. I think since they realized it they have been exploiting it a lot more in the filming.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just hope that he doesn't turn from a serious actor into a man candy (that's a word right?) all of a sudden just because he became much more accessible to the public!

And Drive just won the American film awards for the Danish Oscars(They call it Robert). If Only God Forgives is any good, it can compete in the main categories next year (even for Ryan!). Ok, I shouldn't get ahead of myself here

Last edited by mooomin; 02-06-2012 at 02:17 PM
Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think he has a good chance of staying the serious and respected actor, just the fact that he did not campaign for an oscar nomination and not do all the superficial luncheons, magazine covers etc. actually made me respect him even more.
I think the academy is getting a lot of flak in recent years for always nominating the Hollywood boys and girls and not the people who give outstanding performances (Sam Rockwell for Moon was one of those big snubs for me)
I am really looking forward to his upcoming projects with Derek Cianfrance and Nicolas Winding Refn and the recent rumour of a collaboration on "The golden suicides" with Gaspar Noe sounds interesting to me too!

Is Ryan Gosling Starring In Gaspar NoƩ's Bret Easton Ellis-Penned 'The Golden Suicides?' | The Playlist
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm.. another project. I think so too. I mean I don't think Ryan will do those type of films so he's not in danger of falling in that category.

Thanks for the info Sunnybeach.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

It does seems like the media is trying to push him into being that guy though. I hope not. I like his effort in avoiding all the media and awards hoopla though! He just needs to play it real safe, as I suspect most of his fans do really dig him for his looks more than anything!

Sam Rockwell! Sigh always snubbed. I loved him in Snow Angels as well and he came kind of close last year for Conviction! He will be there one day!

Funny about this Gaspar Noe rumours. Apparently Ryan's rep weren't happy about those tweets that started the rumours. But we will have to wait and see as Ryan's schedule is pretty stacked right now. Funny how Into the Void was Ryan's favorite film of 2010 as well, I can really see him wanting to work with Noe in the future!

Last edited by mooomin; 02-07-2012 at 12:36 PM
Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think honestly Ryan fans do like him for his looks of course but also later on they fall in love with him as a actor as they watch him in more movies and can see how talented he is.

His schedule is so cramped. I want him to do all that he can do but also have enough time to take a little break and rest.

hehe the jacket.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I sure hope so! I would hate for Ryan to be stuck in the "celebrity" category. I would rather have him in the "actor" category if you know what I mean!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder what he thinks about his face next to Kim Kardshian on those cheap gossipy magazines. He cannot really like this ............
Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooomin (View Post)

It does seems like the media is trying to push him into being that guy though. I hope not. I like his effort in avoiding all the media and awards hoopla though! He just needs to play it real safe, as I suspect most of his fans do really dig him for his looks more than anything!

Sam Rockwell! Sigh always snubbed. I loved him in Snow Angels as well and he came kind of close last year for Conviction! He will be there one day!

Funny about this Gaspar Noe rumours. Apparently Ryan's rep weren't happy about those tweets that started the rumours. But we will have to wait and see as Ryan's schedule is pretty stacked right now. Funny how Into the Void was Ryan's favorite film of 2010 as well, I can really see him wanting to work with Noe in the future!
Sam is great isn't he, loved him loads in "Confessions of a dangerous Mind" George Clooney's directorial debut. IMHO way better than "Ides of March".
BTW the movie's cinematographer was T Newton Siegel who so superbly shot "Drive".
Very interesting look on "Confessions" I think!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

He's certainly not fame whored, but he's made some wrong career choices if he didn't want celebrity, in some capacity.

Drive #1 in rentals and sales right now.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that B.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Nice! I hope Drive really becomes a cult hit and do really well on home sales! Ryan just won an award from the Irish Academy! Congrats! Love Ireland! (First Dublin and now the academy )

I don't think he has a choice though, I think he's a bit lucky that the general public do really response to him as an actor and as a celebrity. The internet helped too!

Last edited by mooomin; 02-11-2012 at 02:54 PM
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cool for Ryan.

Yep hope it does well too.