Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

I agree Amanda, it kind of sounds like it's almost a done deal. Although still a lot can happen. I mean they probably need to work out the contract and scheduling and such but I'm really hopeful. It seems like both Rachel and the director/producers are interested in her doing the part.

Deadline spoke to Mark about his The Normal Heart and he pretty much confirms he is doing the movie:
Quote:
DEADLINE: And now you’ve signed on to co-star with Rachel McAdams in Spotlight, playing a muckraking journalist onvolved in another hot-button issue, priest pedophelia.
RUFFALO: It’s a classic journalistic enterprise, not unlike All The Presidents Men but on a more local and immediate level for the reporters, sifting through the heaps of abuse and obfuscation.
Mark Ruffalo On 'Normal Heart,' `Avengers' And Life
Old 08-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Boston.com posted the below photo when they published their story about the Spotlight casting:

Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
New Fan

so it's safe to say Rachel will be blonde in that film?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

idk, ever since PASSENGERS, i need to see on-set photos before i can actually believe this is happening =X
Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I've gotta say, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU, WENDY. But I love how serious this is looking!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just came across this article on the Boston Globe website, which as we know, is the actual newspaper featured in Spotlight:

Quote:
When Mark Ruffalo was on Nantucket in June, he revealed to us that he’d been cast as Boston Globe reporter Mike Rezendes in the upcoming film about the paper’s Pulitzer-winning coverage of the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal. Ruffalo had many questions for us about the paper and its Spotlight Team, including what former editor Marty Baron is like in real life, and whether reporter Walter Robinson is a “Jeff Bridges type.” As it turns out, Bridges isn’t playing Robinson in the film. According to TheWrap.com, Michael Keaton is in talks to play Robinson, while “Ray Donovan” star Liev Schreiber has been tapped to play Baron, who now runs The Washington Post. TheWrap.com also says that Rachel McAdams is in discussions to play former Spotlight reporter Sacha Pfeiffer (who’s now a star at WBUR), and that Stanley Tucci and Aaron Eckhart are also on the cast list. The Spotlight Team movie has been in the works since 2010. It’ll be helmed by Tom McCarthy, of “Win Win” and “The Station Agent.” By e-mail, Pfeiffer said of the casting report, “I’m totally flattered to possibly be played by someone way more stylish and glamorous than I’ll ever be.”
The article also links to a story they posted back on June 30th, where they announced that Mark was set to be involved in the project, so it sounds like discussions have been going on for a few months now. Here's an excerpt from the article which mentions Spotlight:

Quote:
While interviewing Mark Ruffalo at the Nantucket Film Festival over the weekend, we were surprised that the actor had as many questions for us as we had for him. For example, he wanted to know all about The Boston Globe because, he said, he’s signed up to play reporter Michael Rezendes in Tom McCarthy’s movie about the Pulitzer-winning team that uncovered the Catholic Church sexual abuse scandal.

Ruffalo said he planned to do some research at the Globe about the real-life reporting team, and asked us about Rezendes, Walter Robinson, and former Globe editor Marty Baron. Ruffalo, who said he’d be heading to London after Nantucket to continue filming the next installment of the “Avengers” series, said he’s already familiar with Boston, having stayed in Rhode Island last year to play a guy from Boston in the movie “Infinitely Polar Bear.”
Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh wow, that article on mark is really interesting! what a find! thanks, nick!

i bet rachel will do her own research and interview pfeiffer on her own too
Old 08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the articles Nick, those are great finds! I really hope this movie will happen because it all sounds so promising!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I agree with everyone, this is so exciting! Thanks for sharing the articles, Nick!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

The Wrap reported back in 2013 that Matt Damon was being eyed for the role of Mike Rezendes (the role for which Mark Ruffalo now signed on to).

I'm really excited about the possibility of Rachel working with Mark but I have to say that Matt Damon is certainly also on my list of actors I would like Rachel to work with. He genuinely seems like such a nice guy so if he ever works with Rachel I feel like it would be the nicest film set ever Also if Spotlight happens that would mean Rachel has worked with Emily Blunt's husband John Krasinski and her brother in law Stanley Tucci so I feel like it's time she works with Emily as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

I love these degrees of separation, Lindsey! I just want her to work with everyone ever.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I was curious to what happened with 'Maudie' so I did some searching around and it appears they haven't started production yet. It was announced in May that Sally Hawkins was set to play Maud Lewis and Sean Bean joined her as the male lead. It was reported they would start production in July in Newfoundland. The official fb page hasn't been updated since May so I assume the production got pushed back.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

New thread.