Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the info Lindsey. I really can't wait for April 12 to be here.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

No problem Lydia

Does anyone have the HD (720p/1080p) making of/featurette of "To The Wonder"? I have been searching for a while now, but I only found the French subtitled version but I would love to have one without subtitles.

EDIT: "To The Wonder" will get a VOD release on April 12 in the US as well: http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...od-on-april-12

Last edited by winterbird; 03-27-2013 at 03:19 PM
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

People from the Chicago area, you can win tickets for an advance screening over here: 43KIXChicago's Photos | Facebook
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the news, Lindsey. It's cool that VOD will be released the same day it's gonna be released at the movies. I am still gonna watch it at a theatre venue of course
Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

IndieWire posted 5 movie clips of the movie, including one with Rachel: Watch: 5 Clips From Terrence Malick's 'To The Wonder' Explore The Challenges Of Faith & Love | The Playlist
Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't wanna watch because I am seeing it next week, but thank you so much for posting, Lindsey. I bet each clip looks gorgeous.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

I can't remember if it was a theme in Tree of Life because my head was already overloaded with The Fountain when I watched Tree of Life, but was it so God-centric the way this one seems? I know this one has been said to be about love and the different sorts of love and whatever whatever, but it seems like love of/for God is a big deal in this one. Do Terry's other films have that theme as well?

RACHEL THOUGH. GURL. I'M NOT CRYING, IT'S JUST RAINING ON MY FACE.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for sharing Lindsey & what an awesome clip it was Good idea about not watching Lydia since you are seeing it soon, make sure to tell us all how you found it

I am not sure about the themes Amanda as not seen any Terry's films. I imagine it would be similar. Certainly sounds like most of his films ideas would go over my head would need coffee to stimulate my mind help my take it in.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Hahaha, Jord, I immediately emailed my friend and freaked out about the clips and she was like WHAT IS THIS MOVIE EVEN ABOUT? so I was trying to explain it from what I can tell so far and she said, "Sounds like it's going to be heavy and hard to understand." And I was like. Yep. That about sums it up. I told her how neither Olga nor Rachel knew what to say about it at TIFF. But I'm excited! I suppose even fifteen minutes of Rachel is worth anything.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Preview of the soundtrack by Hanan Townshend. On Sale Digitally April 9- On CD May 21st

Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Will do so, Jord

That preview sounds so beautiful. Thank you so much for posting, Lindsey.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

I'm definitely buying the album, if it's available over here

Roger Ebert last review was for "To The Wonder" (it's not yet released). Werner Herzog mentioned in in his in memoriam piece.

Quote:
But this final one -- sent March 16 and labeled "FOR USE as needed," is of Terence Malick's "To the Wonder," which (spoiler warning) he liked quite a lot. Publicists might object that it hasn't opened in Chicago yet, but Roger wasn't just a Chicago movie critic (though he certainly was that). I can imagine his email now: "Who's going to complain? It's three and a half stars!"

[...]

"JIm, old friend, I'm in bad shape. I type on my lap in a hospital bed. I'm on pain meds. Did the review of 'To the Wonder" make sense e to you? Such a strange movie.

"I need your help."

You've got it, R.
Remembering the Roger I knew - scanners
I'm really sad about the passing of Ebert, I always read his reviews of movie I was about to watch.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for sharing, Lindsey its a wonderful preview.

I am so sad to hear about Roger Eberts passing Same lindsey I always read his reviews. & he has made some great remarks about Rachel.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow, and he liked it too?! Wow. I never really got close to him in terms of reading his reviews or anything, but he's certainly a movie fan's legend, either way, and it is quite sad. I couldn't believe he'd just written that last blog post on Tuesday.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I was looking forward to his review for this one. I am glad he got to write it. And I agree I am really sad about his passing. He was a legend.