Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Rachel's News/Appearances #5

Here's the new thread.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

One of the posters at IMDB found this interesting tidbit. This is supposably her actual birth date.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought we already figured out the age dilemma, but I guess this definitely closes the issue. Very interesting, thanks Jess. I wonder how they managed to find it though.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, so much investigation over a birth date! At least the mystery is solved.
|| JESS
Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree
I mean if Rachel herself didn't care enough to do that...so it wasn't THAT necessary
if she thought that was a issue she would have done somethung about...not just say ''28'' in an intreview...she has all the evidences people can think of...so I think that if she was that disturbed with that she would have like showed her birth certificate,the date on her ID,and many others

but at least now we can all say ''then 29 it is''
Old 11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, happy 29th birthday to Rachel then, since Nov 17th just passed.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
Well, happy 29th birthday to Rachel then, since Nov 17th just passed.
I posted it yet, I didn't even realise it was so soon. Happy belated birthday to her (again)
|| JESS
Old 11-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

ah thats cool. her birthday was like 3 days ago. Cool deal.
fvoty
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

News on the delay of Rachel's new movie 'State of Play':
Quote:
Pitt no longer in 'Play'Universal may sue actor
By Borys Kit

Nov 22, 2007

Brad Pitt (Getty Images photo)
STRIKE ZONE: LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES

Brad Pitt has pulled out of Universal's political thriller "State of Play" because of script concerns.

The move comes after a couple of weeks of meetings between Pitt and director Kevin MacDonald in an attempt to iron out the concerns. The script cannot be worked on due to the writers strike.

Universal is on the fast track to replace the star. Sources said the studio is looking at Johnny Depp, whose own movie "Shantaram" just got postponed at Warner Bros., as well as Russell Crowe.

Pitt was set to star with Edward Norton, Helen Mirren, Rachel McAdams, Jason Bateman and Robin Wright Penn in the Matthew Michael Carnahan-scripted adaptation of the British miniseries. He was playing a political consultant-turned-journalist who heads a newspaper's murder investigation involving a fast-rising politician (Norton).

Sources said the studio is mulling its legal options and might sue the actor.
Quote:
Brad Pitt drops out of 'State of Play'
Universal will try to recast by Nov. 29
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Pitt

This article was updated at 5:01 p.m.
Brad Pitt is out of “State of Play,” a development that has put that star-studded Universal Pictures drama in a state of flux, and has put studio and star on opposite sides of who caused his exit.

Pitt ankled the film early Wednesday, following two weeks of struggle and meetings with director Kevin Macdonald that prevented the film from making its original November 15 production start date. The studio considers Pitt to have walked out of a pay or play commitment, and is leaving open the option to sue him if the picture cannot be recast in time to keep the other actors in place.

The studio has already begun trying to replace Pitt. But while strike-related production postponements on films like “Angels & Demons” and “Shantaram” made stars like Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp suddenly available, Universal has a very small window to work with. If the studio doesn’t recast and begin production in L.A. and D.C., it will begin losing other cast.

Pitt was set to star with Edward Norton, Helen Mirren, Rachel McAdams, Jason Bateman and Robin Wright Penn. Mirren had a stop date so that she can film “Love Ranch” with her husband, director Taylor Hackford, and Joe Pesci early next year.
From Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

I'm hoping the project is still a go and that nobody from the rest of the cast will drop out.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

That's such a shame! What I find weird is that there are so many talented actors/actresses lined up, the script can't be that bad.
|| JESS
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I found that strange too.

I was looking forward to seeing Rachel and Brad Pitt in a movie together, but I'm excited about seeing her with the rest of that cast, if it still holds. They need to a find a replacement pretty quickly though, if their deadline is the 29th.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

It's pretty short notice but hopefully they'll be able to find someone.
|| JESS
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Apparently Rachel's in the EW mag (November 30th print issue), for the 8 To Watch in '08 list.
|| JESS
Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news. 2008 will be a good year since we'll finally have some new movies.

ETA - Universal is apparently trying to sign Russell Crowe to replace Brad Pitt.

Quote:
Universal Pictures spent the weekend trying to convince Russell Crowe, its "American Gangster" topliner, to replace Brad Pitt as the star of "State of Play."

The result of that courtship will be known early this week and will determine how ugly things get between the studio and Pitt after he exited the picture over disagreements about the shooting script.
Universal seeks Crowe for 'Play' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Last edited by water lilies; 11-26-2007 at 08:42 AM