Awwwww, hopeless romantics rock!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG she is too cute, those are really great quotes
Old 07-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles
"I watched Love Story the other night and bawled my face off. I had to use cucumbers on my puffy eyes the next morning. My No. 1 rule? Don't watch sad movies if you have to work the next day."

"I am a hopeless romantic."
Aw, she's such a sweetheart.

Here's another one:

"Right, and I’m a bit of a control freak, so I understand that."
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 07-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That one's cute.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Absolute Fan

this girl is too much

& I'm right there with her as a hopeless romantic, me and a whole bunch ppl especially those who love The Notebook - u know who u are
Old 07-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I'm a hopeless romantic as well, lol.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahhh.... same here
Old 07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
New Fan

Love all the quotes but are we allowed to put up quotes from others regarding Rachel, well here are a few nice ones from Ryan and James:

Quotes From Ryan Gosling:

When Rachel McAdams auditioned with you, did you know right away she was the one for the part?

I think that it's pretty fair to say that we probably wouldn't have made the film if we hadn't found Rachel. It was something that was really a stretch for me and I was telling Nick [Cassavetes] that I was really the wrong guy for the movie. And he didn't seem to think so, and he had a lot of convincing arguments. I said okay. Really, Allie drives the movie. It's her movie and we're in it. It all kind of depended on an actress.

When you auditioned with Rachel, was that the moment you knew it was going to work?

Yeah. I don't know anything about women and I don't think that Nick does either. And all of these girls who were coming in, we weren't making the film, we were just sort of auditioning to see if we could find a girl and all of the girls, some of them were really good, but they all kept asking us what we thought, like, “What do you think I should do? What do you think?” We were like, “I don't know. The only thing I know about women is that they're all different. So don't ask me.” And so Rachel sort of came in at the end and she was the only one who when we asked if she had questions, said no. We said, “Do you know this girl?” She said, “Yeah.” We said, “Do you want to talk about her?” And she said, “No. Lets just do it.” We were like, “Whoa,” and she wiped the tears off of her face and left. We said, “Okay, there's the movie. The movie is her.

What do you think about Rachel?

Lovely, and the truth is I probably wouldn’t have done the film if she wouldn’t have done it.

Was there immediate chemistry between the two of you?
I think we just knew that we had a movie when Rachel walked in the room.

Quote From James Marsden:

IGNFF: Did you and Rachel hit it off right away?

MARSDEN: Rachel's fun as hell. She's a great person to be around. [She'd] do a heart-wrenching scene with Joan Allen screaming at each other and then yell cut and she's off making jokes and having a good time on the set. She's a true talent and she's really amazing. She's gives a pretty head-turning performance in this and she was put to the test on this with some of the best actors around. She really had to carry the emotional cargo in this, she carried most of the emotional load of this movie. And she makes it work and Ryan makes it work too [with their] relationship. You gotta believe that those two are James Garner and Gena Rowlands in love at the end of the movie.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw... Lovely quotes.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

here are a few

"I'll put on a punk rock T-shirt, a '50s style skirt, and a pair of flip-flops. I like to mesh a whole bunch of things together."

"Paramount sent them nine-foot-high [theater lobby] cutouts of me. They say, 'You don't have to come home, we've got you in every room of the house!'" (talking about her family)

"The most romantic thing, a lovely boy bought me a dress once. He got my measurements, actually they were from The Notebook and I had them sitting somewhere, and he found them and bought me this dress, tailor-made, this beautiful little black cocktail dress. And I thought that was very, very classy. "

"I've definitely had the roller-coaster romance that can be very inspiring some days and torturous at other times, and totally worth it,I hope he wasn't the only one."
spinnerandpaigeshipper
Old 07-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, those are nice quotes about Rachel from Ryan and James. Our girl sure is a sweetheart.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 07-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She is so cute.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjoeyla
"I'll put on a punk rock T-shirt, a '50s style skirt, and a pair of flip-flops. I like to mesh a whole bunch of things together."
I do too
Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I do love her style.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's nice to see Rachel respected by her peers and the one about Rachel cutouts is funny.

Owen Wilson on Rachel:

“I loved working with Rachel. I wasn't really aware of who she was. Before the movie started, I hadn't seen ‘Mean Girls’ and it was during filming that we had a screening of ‘The Notebook.’ I was kind of blown away because I had already seen in ‘Wedding Crashers’ how she could be funny and very charming, but that was like a very powerful emotional role that she played. And to me she has like such a great face. It could be like be from a 1950’s movie star. It's very open. She's very polite. She's Canadian and that's always nice.”

Random Rachel ones that I really like:

"We always saw American commericals that would tantalize and taunt you, like for those squishy chocolate chip cookies. But we could never find the products."

"I gave them three years of my life, remember the SMILES ARE FREE! motto? These greasy guys would come up and say, 'Where's my free smile?' I should have quit right then." [working at McDonalds]

"My first love? Oh, that's a secret," "But you can't deny the power of your first love."