Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That explains everything.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
Michael is growing his beard for his role in Jesus Chris btw, so it's not like he is too lazy to shave Have to admit I am relieved, not really liking the beard myself
ITA. Now that you mention it, I would love to see him playing that role.

I know people keep saying he's a downgrade for Rachel... maybe because he's not a heartrob or a hottie. I know he's not that good looking, but he's definitely not ugly. He's okay, I guess. Don't you find amusing that Michael is always dating gorgeous women?

I like them because they seem a happy couple and that's what I want for Rachel.

icon credit: guilderferns
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He must be doing something right if he's with Rachel.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think he's just a charming, nice dude... I mean he did get Kate Beckinsale as well.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Well it's "officially official" they are dating, Michael opened op for the first time to ABC about their relationship.
Quote:
Tuesday night at the New York premiere of Woody Allen's new movie, Midnight in Paris, Michael Sheen, one of the film's stars, publicly acknowledged for the first time his real life romance with co-star Rachel McAdams. Last week, at the Cannes film festival, McAdams and Sheen were seen arm and arm on the red carpet. Tuesday night, miles from the media frenzy in the French Riviera in an intimate basement at the Tribeca Grand Hotel, when asked about McAdams, Sheen told ABCNews.com, "We've been a couple for a while now."

In reality Sheen and McAdams' budding romance imitates art. Inspired by the romantic sights while filming on location in France, Sheen admitted that, "I'm sure [Paris sparked our romance]. That's where we met...[and] got to know each other but … [we didn't start dating until] much later on…in her home city of Toronto."
Read full story
I feel like they are both happy to be with each other, and confident enough to go public so it's pretty serious. And I agree with Rob, he is charming and nice.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read that. They look really happy together.

This is from People, Michael says some nice things about Rachel

Quote:
Michael Sheen & Rachel McAdams Confirm They Are Dating

By Jeffrey Slonim

Wednesday May 18, 2011 03:55 PM EDT

Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams have finally confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood – that they are indeed a couple.

"Yeah, we are together," the actor told PEOPLE Tuesday at the Cinema Society & Thierry Mugler screening of their new movie Midnight in Paris in New York.

Linked since the fall, Sheen, 42, and McAdams, 32, hit the red carpet arm in arm in Cannes last week to promote the Woody Allen film.

"I don't think it was planned one way or the other," McAdams said Tuesday of their going public with the romance.

So, what does Sheen find special about McAdams? "She's talented, intelligent, beautiful. She's warm and friendly. She's very supportive, and very kind, very funny. She makes me laugh a lot," he says.

And do they have anything in common besides acting? "Hopefully, I have some of those qualities as well," quipped Sheen.

However coy they've been about their private life, the pair are effusive in discussing each other's talents. "He's a fantastic actor," McAdams said of Sheen. "One of the best."

Of McAdams's onscreen appeal, Sheen added, "She has a real honesty and a real vulnerability about what she does. She has a real emotional presence."

Allen, meanwhile, said the couple's romance, which began after filming wrapped, came as a surprise to him. "No, I didn't see it coming," he told PEOPLE. "I could notice it a little with Penélope [Cruz] and Javier [Bardem] – who began dating during the filming of Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona. "They were kind of chummy. But I didn't see it coming here ... and they did not ask my permission."
http://www.people.com/people/article...490718,00.html

Last edited by water lilies; 05-18-2011 at 01:58 PM
Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Love love love them!!!!

He may not be gorgeous...but he's freaking sexy!! And an awesome actor
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Another cute article:

Quote:
We first met in Paris and had a wonderful time … we’ve been together for a while now,” Michael revealed to us at the screening hosted by The Cinema Society & Thierry Mugler. “She loves good food and good wine … same as me! We had lots of great meals together. Not just me and Rachel but a few of us all. It was a very pleasurable time, very enjoyable.”

Michael, 42, and Rachel,32, actually met in Paris on the set while filming but he reveals that they didn’t start dating until later in her hometown of Toronto.

So what else really makes their relationship work? “She gives me the time of day,” Michael jokes. “We have a great time. We laugh a lot and I think that’s really important.”

Michael and his ex-wife Kate Beckinsale divorced in 2003 and they have a 12-year-old daughter named Lily Mo Sheen together. But when asked if wedding bells are in the near future for himself and Rachel, he just smiled and quipped, “Come on, give us a chance.”

Michael Sheen Confesses Why I Fell In Love With Rachel McAdams!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, that's so cute

Here's Michael from the ABC news segment from the earlier article:

And another tidbit:

Quote:
And if they were into each other during filming, costar Mimi Kennedy says they were plenty good at hiding it. "We would talk about men and marriage and children and all kinds of things like that," Kennedy said about her friendship with McAdams. "I had no that she and Michael were interested in each other."

Twilight Star Michael Sheen Opens Up About Rachel McAdams - E! Online
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

It looks like they kept it from themselves for a while before shouting to the world & friends

icon credit: guilderferns
Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Michael sure loves to talk about Rachel, some new quotes I gather for the Relationship page @ RMO

Quote:
I will be forever grateful that it was where I met Rachel, Nothing happened while we were filming, It was a lot later on after that.”
E! Online

She’s the most wonderful person I know. We got to know each other on set [in Paris], it was an amazing time. We’ve been a couple for a while now.”
US Magazine

She’s you know, one of the best actresses of her generation. And I could watch her doing anything on film, she’s just brilliant. She brings such a kind of emotional honesty and warmth. And she’s so likable but she’s not afraid to really make herself vulnerable. And, I love watching her on film.”
Popsugar

I met her for the first time on this [Midnight in Paris], and it was the beginning of a lovely relationship.”
Popsugar
Old 05-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lovely quotes. He also mentioned a lot that he liked the food in Paris and eating at restaurants with Rachel.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's interesting that he started to fall for her in Paris. I guess its pretty cool that they're still going strong even waaay after Paris. I'm sure everything is romanticized just a little bit more when you're in Paris
Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome (View Post)
It's interesting that he started to fall for her in Paris. I guess its pretty cool that they're still going strong even waaay after Paris. I'm sure everything is romanticized just a little bit more when you're in Paris
Agree, well Michael stated they started dating after filming but I am sure they really liked each other in Paris And it's a good sign they are still together and going public with their relationship. I think it's pretty serious, so I am happy for Rachel.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the interviews, it seems like Rachel and Michael loved shooting in Paris. Rachel mentioned it was the first time she actually had time to visit Paris and only briefly spent time there before.

They seem really serious and happy. It's pretty big that they walked the red carpet together.