Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Kristen Bell Wants to Star in Frozen on Broadway

Quote:
PS: You've been very busy, especially after the huge success of Frozen. With talks of a sequel, what do you imagine Anna doing after that final scene?

KB: I know! It's crazy. And, oh wow, I don't even know if I could begin to throw out a worthy storyline. [Director] Jen [Lee] is so — Jen is one of the most talented people I've ever worked with. She is extraordinary. And yeah, I wouldn't even begin to throw out what I thought Anna would be doing. But if they write it, I will voice it. Happily.

PS: And what about the Broadway adaptation? Idina Menzel recently said that she would love to play Elsa on Broadway. Would you join her?

KB: I would also love to play Elsa on Broadway. Just kidding, I'd play Anna. No, absolutely. I would love to. I talked about that with Josh [Gad] and Jonathan [Groff] as well. And how it would be so fun. I certainly hope that they create a show that allows us to play our parts, because they're in a position where all five leads are Broadway alums. That's really special, and I know that we would all do it. It would be really fun.

PS: There have been so many parody videos and fun covers from Frozen. Do you have a favorite, one that you couldn't stop watching?

KB: That's hard, because I have seen so many that I love. The one where the little girl is getting a splinter removed and screaming "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" as if she's getting triple-bypass open-heart surgery is pretty funny. It's pretty amusing. There's also one — one of the first, first ones — of a little girl singing and an adult had put it to Idina's animation of "Let It Go." She mispronounces quite a few of the words. I don't know the exact title of it, but all of the words are mangled. I really enjoy the ones where the little girls mangle the words. It's just really, really special. They're singing their hearts out!

PS: Do you think that you'll pursue singing or musicals now that Frozen opened the door for you?

KB: Maybe. I studied music before I ever studied acting, and it's always been something that I've loved doing and taken opportunities when they were there. I don't think that I'll become a recording artist — I don't really have the desire to. But I sang at the NYC ballet, which is very, very flattering and kind of like a dream come true. So I hope to do more things like that if I'm invited in the future, and if not, I will continue singing in the shower.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Time for an update.

Frozen didn't just hold well in Japan this weekend, it actually increased to 7.6 million.

Remember, this is Frozen's 10th weekend in Japan. It opened way back in March to 7.5m, the lowest weekend it had was last weekend at 7.2m so this weekend actually beats its 1st, 7th and 9th weekends.
While the opening weekend was merely ok, the late legs are astounding, Frozen's 8th, 9th and 10th weekends are the biggest respective weekends in Japan boxoffice history and Frozen has been #1 for each of its 10 weekends.

We only have estimates until hard numbers come in tomorrow, but Frozen has 179.6m to 181.6m in Japan so far.

Domestic and Worldwide totals:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $400,523,000 33.2%
+ Foreign: $805,800,000 66.8%
= Worldwide: $1,206,323,000

Frozen will become the #1 movie of 2013 by passing Iron Man 3 no later than next Sunday.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

amazing
Old 05-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

this movie. it's just amazing. sorry Don. kb's taking no. 1

Last edited by Mason30; 05-19-2014 at 02:23 PM
Old 05-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

perfect.

Quote:
The highlight of the show, though, had to be when Kristen Bell joined forces with Maya Rudolph to create a “Frozen” sequel. Based on the theme song Bell performed, the movie would probably be called “Frozen Again,” and would feature Maya Rudolph as the heretofore unseen third sister who has the exact opposite abilities of Elsa. She's too hot.
Maya Rudolph, Kristen Bell Stage 'Frozen' Sequel on NBC Variety Show Premiere (Video) - TheWrap
Old 05-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Loyal Fan

In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, "Frozen set to be a Disney Ice Show".

'Frozen' Set to Become a Disney on Ice Show - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
Frozen has already made over $1.2 billion worldwide and is now set to hit the road in September as a Disney on Ice show.

The animated blockbuster, which helped the Walt Disney Co. beat expectations with second quarter earnings, will cash in even further on its popularity by becoming a touring ice-skating show, according to the New York Times.

PHOTOS: The Making of Disney's Animated Oscar Contender 'Frozen'

Similar to a skating Broadway show, the production will require 39 cast members and nine tractor-trailers, and audiences will get a chill from a giant blizzard created by 20 snow machines. Ironically, the first stop on the arctic extravaganza tour will be sunny Orlando, Fla.

The modern princess story was inspired by a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale and features the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad and Santino Fontana.

Disney already has a sneak peek up.

Last edited by Incarnadine; 05-20-2014 at 12:53 PM
Old 05-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

not surprising but very cool all the same (it you'll excuse the pun )
looking forward to seeing if we manage to inch above iron man this weekend.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

It is now official, Frozen is now the number 1 movie of 2013.
All hail Queen Elsa!

#1 - Frozen - $1,219.2 Billion
#2 - Iron Man 3 - $1,215.4 Billion

Frozen is now the #1 movie of 2013 and #5 movie all time World Wide

Next up is #4, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 at $1,341.5 Billion
To hit #4 Frozen would need about 315m in Japan, certainly not impossible given the way Frozen is still performing (another $7 weekend in Japan, 11 straight weeks at #1 with the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th weekends being the highest respective weekends of all time in Japan, it just won't slow down there.)
Old 05-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

woooooohooooooooooooo
now thats what im talking about.
what great news. thanks for sharing.

‘Frozen’ Reaches $1.219 Bil to Become Fifth-Highest Grossing Film Globally | Variety
Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

awesome.

icon: one thousand ways
Old 05-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

well, thats reasonably random.
love how the interviewer manages to get kb on the phone and pops his 5 year old in front of her for an interview.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is so amazing!! I love this film and so happy everyone else around the world loves it too

I am not suprised Frozen is being made into an ice show but it is awesome
Closed Thread   Post New Thread