Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fav. Nat Project?

Hey guys, I thought this would be a fun discussion thread where we can say what our fav. Nat project is.

I personally adore Garden State, Leon: The Professional, & Anywhere But Here.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Obviously star wars

but i also love where the heart is & garden state too
Old 05-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, GS rocks so much!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

I'd say Garden State is my favourite - its just such a good film.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hear ya, it really makes you think about life too.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Garden State, in general, is a good film though I wouldn't dub it a 'favorite'. It over-explained some themes, it might've been better if they had removed/revised some of the dialogue. But as for performance...Man! She was the best as Sam! Totally awesome performance.

I like Closer, just because the story is realistic and it doesn't try to sugarcoat love into this pure, eternal emotion. The characters were very human. And I loved her in this. Especially the scene where she cries and is photographed by Julia Robert's character.

StarWars is a personal favorite film of mine. But Padme isn't really her best performance. Still very good though, I just think she did better in her other projects such as Where The Heart Is and Garden State (Sam! Woohoo! )

I sooo wanna see Leon
Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I loved Leon, Garden State and Where The Heart is.
I love Star Wars because I've always been an avid Star Wars fan, but I have to agree with you doy about it not being her best performance. At least not Episode II. I hope III is so much better.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thus far, my faves are as follows:

1. Closer - She was just phenomenal in this role, and it really let her stretch her acting legs and become this magnetic character that just drew you in and made everything she was saying so believable and real. Great stuff.

2. Garden State - I loved her as Sam in this flick just because she was so endearing and identifiable, like that sweet girl you always knew growing up who had a quirky sense of humor but was such a great friend. Not to mention the fact that she was just hilarious in the role and made me like her from the minute she came on-screen. Staring at Zach Braff for over an hour and a half wasn't so bad either.

3. The Professional - It was her first flick, and she kicked major donkey ass in it from start to finish. Her chemistry with Leon's character was amazing, and she was just a cool kid. I really have such respect for her for having such a rich talent at such a young age. Plus, I liked her hair cut.

4. Anywhere But Here - This has always been one of my favorite movies because it reminds me so much of how my relationship with my mother was when I was growing up, how I went through some of the same things Ann went through, had the same arguments, fears, etc. Definitely a tearjerker.

5. Where The Heart Is - Cute. Cute cute cute. Loved the book, loved the movie. And it was fun to see what Nat would be like with a southern accent.

6. AOTC - Well...wasn't too fond of much of anything in this movie, but I was fond of Nat's chemistry with Hayden, and also those amazing outfits she got to wear. Plus there was no more of that horrid face paint from PM, we got to see Nat's beautiful face. I think ROTS will be better for her acting-wise (one can only hope).

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought one of her most endearing roles was in Anywhere But Here.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Closer, absolutely. She was amazing in the role, and totally had chemistry with every other cast member, sexual chemistry or otherwise. She was Alice.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 05-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ITA with you there, Shannon, I especially loved her moments with Julia as well.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Me too. My favorite scene was definitely her strip club VIP lounge thingy with Clive's character...HOT.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 05-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Definitely, Leon the Professional. Such a brilliant performance from a young Nat. Also, Garden State and Closer.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:20 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

I thought the VIP strip club scene seemed rather awkward. But I'm guessing it's just because I'm not used to seeing her in such raunchy outfits *shrug* I totally loved her as Alice, though. I felt most for her character out of all four, definitely.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did feel for Alice the most, it was just so tragic for her...well, her & Clive's character.