Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Topic of the Week #14 - GA Cast Coincidences, they're like a real life Lost

-James Pickens Jr. and Justin Chambers both started out as models. They were also both in the movie Liberty Heights.

-Katherine Heigl played Isabel Evans on Roswell. She’s playing Isobel Stevens on GA. Both characters dealt with the death of a boyfriend. And they both dated Alex’s. The Edge of the Ocean by Ivy played during scenes for both characters.

-Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo used to be neighbors. They lived 10 houses away from each other.

-Kate Walsh and Sandra Oh played girlfriends in the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”. Ironically, in the show Cristina asks “What do McSteamy and McDreamy see in her?”

-George and Thatcher share some similarties. And in a theater workshop in NYC, Ellen and TR played brother and sister.

-Chandra Wilson and Isaiah Washington are both from Houston.

-Two of Patrick’s leading ladies were in Catch Me If You Can, Ellen and Amy Adams.

-Shonda Rhimes says that in one of the early GA meetings she said, "We need someone like the girl from Moonlight Mile." She was talking about Ellen who at the time had development deal with ABC.

I just always thought all the coincidences were interesting. I was a Roswell fan, so the Izzy/Izzie was the first and most obvious one. Then the more I got into GA and the other characters and actors, I kept seeing stuff like that pop up. I know there are more, so I thought it'd be cool to have a thread to document them.

Also, this is the last Topic of the Week for now. GA is starting up again next week, so we'll have a lot to talk about. Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussions. It was really fun to see everyone's thoughts and ideas.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

That's funny!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm...thanks for detailing all those coincidences, Pia...I knew there were a lot of them, but I'd lost track of just how many there actually are...and I'm sure there as more...definitely.. If I remember or stumble across any, I'll try to remember to bring them here...

And like you, I'd like to think everyone for participating in these threads...it's been interesting, and a good way to fill a long summer indeed...
Old 09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Total Fan

That is a lot of concidences . Neat.

Okay I have one concerning Katie Heigl. On Roswell Kivar possessed a man named Denny, and Kivar happened to be in-love with Isabel. Anyways long story, and that's the cliff notes version . On GA Denny was in love with Isobel. Just like the two Alex's. There are two Denny's .
Old 09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Two Dennys and two Alex'...go figure...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, I had forgotten that Khivar posessed a Denny! Obviously being a Roswell fan, I got the name and Alex connections right away I didn't know the other coincedences... Really interesting!

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 09-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Those are some strange and amusing coincidences.

kenny | credit
Old 09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Definately caught the whole Isabel/Alex thing from Roswell, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed it.

And I remember seeing Under the Tuscan Sun after seeing GA and cracking up.

But all of the other stuff is just crazy. I wonder if more might pop up later on.
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Extreme Fan

- Jeffrey Dean Morgan died of a heart attack on the TV series "Weeds," and of course Denny died of heart problems as well on GA.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
That is a lot of concidences . Neat.

Okay I have one concerning Katie Heigl. On Roswell Kivar possessed a man named Denny, and Kivar happened to be in-love with Isabel. Anyways long story, and that's the cliff notes version . On GA Denny was in love with Isobel. Just like the two Alex's. There are two Denny's .
I didn't watch that far. That's very odd.

I guess JDM screams "heart patient" for some reason. And I think he was almost dead in the Supernatural finale.

I think *someone* on the writing staff was a Roswell fans. There are almost too many coincidences.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Absolute Fan

That is so cool. It was like it was destiny. I didn't know about the Patrick and Ellen being neighbors. That was cool.

icon: likeability
Old 09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .one.ray.of.sunlight. (View Post)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan died of a heart attack on the TV series "Weeds," and of course Denny died of heart problems as well on GA.
....he's dying everywhere. I saw him in a promo picture of Supernatural
Spoiler:

Okay another Roswell concidence since it hasn't been mentioned yet. Isobel Stevens is very gun-ho about the holidays especially Christmas. To the point Christina labeled her Tiny Tim . Isabel Evans is the same way, but they just call her The Christmas Nazi .
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, they're both holiday freaks. That's another similarity.

TR played Tiny Tim when he was little (he started doing professional theater at a young age). Not really a coincidence but it reminded me of that.

There are some more out there. I just have to look around.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

wow, those are certainly lots of coincidences

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Pia... The whole Khivar/Denny thing in Roswell happened in S3. You didn't watch all of S3 did you?

IsabelAmandaEvans I was just coming over to mention that one!

I cracked up when I watched Under The Tuscan Sun after watching GA... I found that whole scene at the table with Kate and Sandra soo funny... And didn't Kate play a doctor or something in UTTS? Coz I remember she got paged in the middle of dinner and had to run.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me