Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

T.R. Knight ||George O'Malley|| #28: Because he will always be alive in our hearts.

w e l c o m e | t o | t h e | 28 th
G E O R G E O ' M A L L E Y/T. R. K N I G H T
a p p r e c i a t i o n | t h r e a d

"As an actor - unless you're exceedingly lucky and you're one of the golden few - a lot of your life you're unemployed and a lot of your life you're poor. You gotta be a little insane and driven and have it be the only thing you want to do."

. . .
fans;
01.) Bluebird of Happiness
02.) wanderer78
03.) Robotica
04.) Jason's Lover4life
05.) Mrs. George Eads
06.) jsrocks
07.) Codypup
08.) Shanti70
09.) lace1023
10.) CrisBR
11.) DreamWalker
12.) CharlieandClaire
13.) Moonie
14.) Merlin_Bodhi
15.) faith_in_Faith
16.) Leyton_is_love
17.) glazed.over
18.) Callalily
19.) Messerschmitts
20.) ColdLinoleum
21.) CrazeePinkee
22.) sweety86
23.) Beatriz
24.) ~Catrina~
25.) _virgo_
26.) NakedMonki
27.) girl.inthewar
28.) ComeAwayWithMe
29.) crazy_jadey_baby
30.) Toscane
31.) just joy
32.) pregra
33.) MusicofNight07
34.) Kate1991
35.) funkyflamingo
36.) angelchelle1017
37.) Black mamba
38.) LukeAbbyLover
39.) csikicksurass22
40.) Rachcntrygrl7
41.) BeautifulMistakex
42.) KerBear
43.) Bella Grint
44.) *Laura.Isabell*
45.) baha2
46.) BrucasForever<3
47.) RyanTaylorFan
48.) TrueloveGeorgeCallie
49.) cranny4eva
50.) mcdreamylover
51.) Manda8706
52.) IsabelAmandaEvans
53.) mariem201
54.) write2me
55.) dancer150
56.) xjoyusx
57.) PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
58.) Dorkodancer147
59.) Manda8706
60.) ruby-blue
61.) agentcmk
62.) msqueenbea
63.) canuck_gizziefan
64.) josebajm
65.) miss_spargo
66.) dizzie_forever
67.) sohoblue123
68.) True Daisy lover
69.) Presley06
70.) RachandAdam'91
71.) downinnewyork
72.) Mcyummyfan
73.) Dorkodancer147
74.) valeposh
75.) leedsUK
76.) Dreamer Candy4eva
77.) Bambi_Cricket
78.) thackery
79.) Cheeezy
80.) gabigirl
81.) aprilof06
82.) sh0brenda
83.) Sabrinalovesgi
84.) andyjiang
85.) Virginie_GW
86.) chemicalgenius
87.) MeganM
88.) LoVe-Story
89.) KarinaT
90.) Nickandtess
91.) karsongirl
92.) MIssypepperoni
93.) chesterHester
94.) MargaretAb
95.) daisyrose
96.) kellykip
97.) Marahno
98.) amcfan
99.) My Shiver
100.) Shellefan
101.) linguisticpassion
102.) edwardandbella
103.) chocomousse
104.) Lakehouse
105.) Milania
106.) Jordan2Delta
107.) cherrygirl
108.) teddybears
109.) Gigi19
110.) warangel
111.) AubreyT
112.) belissima
113.) smungyang
114.) minalovesumi
115.) ThePrettySophia
116.) BryannaD
117.) Rossignol
118.) hellojojo123
119.) dbryangirl
120.) bosswoman
121.) sheltonk
122.) ecallie
123.) brendadylan1984
124.) maggiemay4
125.) IloveJosh
126.) carriema
127.) kangaroogirl
128.) mileno3
129.) ganymede20
130.) x-love-adam-brody-x
131.) ilovemcsteamy
132.) fishergirl
133.) nellyluver
134.) Chattia
135.) rahmat_naureen
136.) Red Bess Rackham
137.) ellen-cheerleaderx
138.) mickeynmouse
139.) gimmeshelter
140.) StefarooALG
141.) Enamorada
142.) DemonSlayer
143.) peace_of_me
144.) canthaveyou
145.)drcookchick
146.) greysaddiction
147.) lostaway04
148.) katie2323
149.) Jean0524
150.) inthesun
151.) ..Mysha..
152.) sunshinestate
153.) naturellebella
154.) SaRaBonesPortugal
155.) ronsam
156.) Narvika
157.) Matt Logan

. . .

art;

Courtesy of fozzy81

Courtesy of Duffy

Courtesy of Red Bess Rackham

reasons;

Because he's our Knight in shinning whatever.
Because he has talent far beyond the likes Grey's Anatomy has ever seen.
Because he's both beautiful on the inside and the outside.
Because its T.R. Knight...'nuff said.
Because he's so lovable and cute, its crazy.
Because he makes us swooon with his acting and his shirtless scenes...
Because he doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body
Because his smile can melt the coldest heart
Because he can express so much without saying a word
Because he brings warmth and heart to the show
Because he makes George O'Malley irreplaceable
Because he loves Elmo
Because his laughter is contagious
Because he is our yummy McNugget
Because he makes us smile
Because we always want to give him a big hug
quotes;
Richard: What are doing with Baileys child?
George: Dr. Bailey and I are in love. I will be heading back to Vegas with her as soon as my divorce with Dr. Torres is final.

George: Aren't you gonna say anything or (pauses as Webber stares at him) I'm not gonna break (pause) I'm starting to get a little freaked out, but I'm not gonna break. It’s not because I don't care, because I do care what you think about me, I do. Care. I just can't tell you want you want to hear. Which seems to be a theme in my life right now. Just because you can't say something doesn't mean you don't want to, you can want to very much. You can be with a person and be happy with them and not love them. And you can love somebody and not want to be with them. You don't need to love someone to want them. Now that's frustrating, when what your brain tells you you want and what you actually want don't match up. It’s exhausting. And, well, it’s complicated. But that's life. And life... sucks.

George: I would've given my dad my heart if I could. If I could've saved him. I would've given him my heart.

Lexie: You're lookin' for a kid?
George: Yeah. His mom's in surgery and if I don't find this kid Bailey is going to change her son's middle name to Elvis or Tupperware... anything will be better than George.

George: [to Miranda] You said you would be straight with me. He could have lived for weeks. Months. We could have had months with him. My mom, she could have had months with him!
Richard: He wanted to fight the cancer, George.
George: He didn't know better! You knew better! You shouldn't have done it. You shouldn't have done it.

George:
Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard!

"I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there. While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isnt the most interesting part of me."

"I remember saying to someone when I got one of those 'don't do it' [comments] – I just remember hearing my voice being calm and saying, 'No, it's going happen. It's going to happen. I'm just letting you know.'"
– T.R. Knight, on coming out, in The Advocate.

“If a guy wants to wear a dress, so what? It’s not a big deal. Let him wear a damn dress!”
-TR Knight, Speaking at Miguel Contreras Learning Complex’s School of Social Justice about the Day of Silence.

"But it's rare when you meet someone you admire and respect and love and cherish so much, so I'm thankful for it. There are only a few people in our lives that you would lay down your life for, and she's one."
(Referring to Katherine Heigl)
Top 5 TR pictures.

. . .

filmography;
"Grey's Anatomy" .... Dr. George O'Malley (102 episodes, 2005-2009)
Max's Words (2007) (V) .... Narrator
The Last Request (2006/I) .... Jeff
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" .... Zero Adams (1 episode, 2004)
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" .... Neil Colby (1 episode, 2004)
"Frasier" .... Alex (1 episode, 2003)
"Charlie Lawrence" (2003) TV series .... Ryan Lemming (unknown episodes)
Garmento (2002) .... Daniel

future title suggestions;
1. Because we all will find our place in the world, like he did
2. He's got the moves
3. We find his shyness truly endearing
4. Because Shonda was missing George. And so were we!
5. George makes us wanna have babies.
6. Cause we're proud to be members of Team TR!
7. Because he is sweet, sexy and funny, what is not to love?
8. Because his smile lights up the room
9. Because George will always be alive in our hearts

previous thread;
27. From Seattle Grace to Broadway, the lights will always shine upon this star.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTT Nick .
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Welcs!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Nic

oh my George

Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT.

I didn't get a chance to say this in the last thread, but I think it's cool that T.R. goes to church. He's a very well-rounded person, and to see that he has a spiritual side adds to how truly human he is and how Hollywood hasn't turned him into something he's not.

By the way, I like the title of this thread
Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saving me time TR is doing a play in California then this winter off to Broadway ?

Really going to miss his wit his smile little quirks that made us laugh on Grey's !

I await the reactions of izzy and Callie two of the woman most close to George . Then there is Lexie who had the small crush on George .

I hope he grabs a guest spot on another TV show ,like to see him again on TV !
Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTN

Wala, that was a wonderful title. I'm begging you pretty please to repost the picspam.

Thanks, Jessie Monster, for the link. May I say the more fans who can bring some resources the better. What is google-fu?

As far as the comments are concerned this is typical of a gossip site. Janet Charlton is a gossip columnist and I came to realize that such a genre invites judgmental people. Interestingly I'm read Janet's opinions on TR and these are quite favorable. Similarly others such as Lainey, Ted Casablanca, and Kristin Dos Santos. The only one who activelydislikes him is Perez. I have heard many people feel some affinity towards the celebrities he bashes.

Quote:
Grey’s Anatomy star TR Knight and his fifteen years younger boyfriend Mark Cornelson can be seen every Sunday attending services at St Victor’s Catholic church in West Hollywood. St Victor’s is a gay friendly church and ironically Mark, who is estranged from his family, says their religious principles rendered them incapable of accepting the fact that he is gay.
Janet Charlton's Hollywood Blog Archive GREY'S ANATOMY STAR T.R. KNIGHT AND HIS BOYFRIEND STILL BELIEVE

Cindy, this illustrated my earlier point. Mark left home with his evangelical parents at the age of 16. In the bad old days gays with this background frequently became agnostics or atheists because few religions embraced them. In the last 15 years many more denominations have become gay-friendly and counseled such youths. The younger generation have the option of either switching to another creed or finding acceptance within the same one. Either way they have the choice to retain faith.

Also perhaps any church should observe the way Reform Judaism has fully supported its gay brethren. Its gay members tend to be more observant and more closely connected with their heritage. In turn the denomination has helped improve the lives of their gay congregants. The Episcopalian Church has reaped the same benefits. In fact, many former Catholics converted.

While we're happy TR found a place within his faith this not to denigrate those who're non-Christians, agnostics, or atheist. IMHO the mere fact of being gay shouldn't render the only alternative is to abandon or be skeptical of belief in a divinity when that is not one's core principle. I completely respect those who's path in life brought them to atheism or agnosticism. I was an agnostic for 10 years myself.

Quote:
He's a very well-rounded person, and to see that he has a spiritual side adds to how truly human he is and how Hollywood hasn't turned him into something he's not.
I also appreciate he keeps it private and simply lives by its principles. Some advertise it like some image change. Then TR has struck me as one who'd rather do something than talk about it.

Quote:
Saving me time TR is doing a play in California then this winter off to Broadway ?
Yes, the LA-based play is Parade. Those were the pics we've posted and the next is Lend Me a Tenor , which should play at the Rialto Theatre on Broadway in Feb. 2010.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I have no idea what event this was as it wasn't listed. Unfortunately these are small as the site won't let me register for the larger ones unless I'm a media professional. However, no matter how small I could see TR's gorgeous smile as he looks on with this playful boy. It's so cute. Can anyone read the T-shirt in the next pic?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Nic for opening the thread.

I really love the title, Wala.

I join with the others in begging you to please please repost the picspam.

Most journalists seem to really admire TR as a human being. They always say how nice he is and how humble he is.

Those photos are so cute. I love his cute little smile but unfortunately my eyes are not good enough to see what's written.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT, Nicola!

Wala-- your title... it honors our George beautifully.
George O'Malley will truly always be alive in our hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede20 (View Post)
In the last 15 years many more denominations have become gay-friendly and counseled such youths. The younger generation have the option of either switching to another creed or finding acceptance within the same one. Either way they have the choice to retain faith.
I am very glad to see this change come about. I only wish it had come sooner.

Quote:
While we're happy TR found a place within his faith this not to denigrate those who're non-Christians, agnostics, or atheist.
Agreed 100%. Of course not. Or anyone of a non-Christian faith or agnostic or atheist in any walk of life. I suppose the conversation did turn quite Catholic, but only because we were talking specifically about TR's Catholic upbringing. I have nothing but respect for all other faiths and those who practice/don't practice them.
Quote:
IMHO the mere fact of being gay shouldn't render the only alternative is to abandon or be skeptical of belief in a divinity when that is not one's core principle. I completely respect those who's path in life brought them to atheism or agnosticism.
Very well said and ITA 100%. As a Christian myself, I think any gay person's decision to stay in their faith will only serve to help acceptance in the long run. Although, I recognize that quite often it is very painful to stay in certain churches where there is no acceptance... I completely understand why one might choose to leave.
Quote:
I was an agnostic for 10 years myself.
I think that within any faith, within each individual comes times of questioning, perhaps times of exploration into other faiths... I believe it's a journey. A very personal one that takes a lot of introspection and, quite simply, time. It's always a journey, I believe.

Quote:
I also appreciate he keeps it private and simply lives by its principles.
Yes, that's why I almost didn't want to ask about it... I certainly don't want to invade his privacy.

Quote:
Then TR has struck me as one who'd rather do something than talk about it.
And with a nod to the spirit of George O'Malley, I'll say this: "he's a doer"

Thanks for those two pics, Gwen. I tried zooming in on the T-shirt but it just gets too blurry-- I still can't read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears of an Angel
oh my George :sad:
I know... I'm terribly, horribly sad about George.

~ Cindy
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I believe the t-shirt says 'alternative' upside down.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome guys
I cant repost the pic Spam again since the thread is locked so I'm gonna ask Nick or one of others Mods to repost it I guess.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'll get it no problem!

@ the TR picture with the red t-shirt. I recall him wearing said t-shirt at an event. Hold on, lemme get pictures.

ETA:

A Time For Heroes, Benefit, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation 07

And here's Wala's picspam.

I had to do a pic spam of this moment because I really loved how awesome George was and how he showed the little boy there is no fear with him going through surgery.It was a such moment not capture.

This moment is pretty powerful for George losing a parent is not an easy thing and TR did an awesome job showing George emotions there.He totally deserved that Emmy nod he got that year for this performance.

I always remember this George moment and really loved it.George was always an outsider so he really did a great thing talking to the patient through her fear and the end with him shaving her head I thought that was a good moment and ending.

How much I loved this GI moment.I always loved their friendship pattern how Izzie apologized for George because she is making him feel like he is a girl.It was so sweet and nice.

So this moment is not a deep heart felt moment or anything LOL it just one of my Fav moments between Alex and George when they were camping.I thought it was funny.

OK here were back to the heartfelt deep moments I guess.I loved here how Alex hugged George for what he did to Joe because what George did was really great helping Joe with his money troubles so he wont loose his bar and Alex coming to hug was just too nice not to capture.

I was not exactly a shipper of a Callie and George but I did like this moment where George told Callie he wanted to say ILY to her when he really felt it.

This one of my personal Favs GI moments where Izzie was talking to George about him and Callie and them not being best friends anymore.I loved how much this moment showed how close they are as friends when the patient said people who fight like that love each other and GI love each other Awww.

This the pilot moment of George and Meredith.George was sitting down with Meredith because he was being called 007 and Meredith was telling him how her mother told her she was not good enough to be a surgeon and both wondering if they will make it.

Last edited by gingerly; 08-26-2009 at 09:10 AM
Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Extreme Fan

We don't see him in red too often... it's actually a great color on him!

Thanks so much for re-posting Wala's picspam, Nic!
It's such a great tribute to our George!

~ Cindy

ETA: Look @ George's expression while he's talking to Duncan and helping him tie his gown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie monster
I believe the t-shirt says 'alternative' upside down.
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gwen, thanks for posting those photos of T.R. at that event. I love that photo of him and that little boy - it's so cute! He, IMO, would make such a wonderful father. I wonder if he ever wants to have children?

Wala, I forgot to mention that I love your picspam My favorite is the group of him and Meredith from the pilot. It gives you a chance to sort of peer into who George O'Malley is and truly shows that he is one of the most loving characters on the show. Gah, I already miss him

Oh, I was reading through an issue of EW and someone wrote in about the T.R. article. This gal wrote in and said the sweetest things about T.R. - she said that he brought George to life and made him so loving, and she will miss him. She also added that George was her favorite character on the show

I believe there was more, but my memory's fuzzy, so I'm sorry about that...

T.R. should definitely wear more red Hah, when I do a picspam again I'll make one dedicated to him wearing that color Another thing I like seeing him in are those flannel shirts. His Midwestern roots show through more, haha.