Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
I agree the characters need to interact with almost everyone. And not just with a few - their spouses/friends

They also should have big cases where almost everyone is involved
I want both these things too!

Also, I'd like if they'd have more normal surgeries and patients dying. Not every surgery has to be "one of the very few performed in the whole world" or just plain new approaches and they always work too...
Old 08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Grey's has almost always been about the extreme cases, though. It's the reason I'm terrified to go to the doctor. what fun would it be if every case was an appy?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, but an appy once in a while would be a nice change. They don't always have to be super extreme surgeries for the characters to connect with their patients or for us to have sympathy for them.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Yeah i get that they are brilliant surgeons but losing patients is still a part of them

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

They lost patients last season. Derek's twin died (the twin case was my favorite last season, tbh). Cristina's patient died. Those are two that come to mind.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ane_rosa (View Post)
eta: And if they introduce any new interns, PLEASE Shonda, just keep them as extras. Don't even write them into the stories.
Make them like the new batch of interns s7... and yes, make Bailey the 'Nazi' attending again.
I don't think she will add any new interns, because there is no use for new interns. The ones in s4 were added so that MAGIC had people to teach (and I find it weird that the current residents don't have interns themselves, guess it's cos they don't want to add new people) and probably also to give Lexie friends. And the ones in s9 were added because our residents had become attendings and there were no people to teach for them anymore. As much as everyone hates on the interns, I think it was good that they weren't extras, how boring is it to watch our residents teach extras? I would find it boring. They never showed us much of the interns in s4, which is why they annoyed me to no end. And well, now we have three residents already, I think they will just go with them. Jo will probably be Callie's student, Ben will be Derek's, and idk which specialty Stephanie will choose, but I like watching the attendings teach them, it keeps the show interesting imo. If it weren't for the residents, we'd only have attendings on the show, and you can't do that on a medical drama.
Remember when everybody used to hate the Mercy Westlers? And now there are lots of Japril fans who are most likely very glad that they were added to the show back then.
Just saying that people always hate on new characters, and in the end they grow to like/love them. I remember lots of people hating on Lexie in season 4, and in the end everybody was devastated when she died.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Why would Ben be Derek's? I don't remember him expressing interest in neuro (though I tend to tune out Ben. I just remember him snoozing through the episode that Derek taught the residents lol). Besides I expect Derek to end up in DC. Amelia will run neuro.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryy89 (View Post)
I don't think she will add any new interns, because there is no use for new interns. The ones in s4 were added so that MAGIC had people to teach (and I find it weird that the current residents don't have interns themselves, guess it's cos they don't want to add new people) and probably also to give Lexie friends. And the ones in s9 were added because our residents had become attendings and there were no people to teach for them anymore. As much as everyone hates on the interns, I think it was good that they weren't extras, how boring is it to watch our residents teach extras? I would find it boring. They never showed us much of the interns in s4, which is why they annoyed me to no end. And well, now we have three residents already, I think they will just go with them. Jo will probably be Callie's student, Ben will be Derek's, and idk which specialty Stephanie will choose, but I like watching the attendings teach them, it keeps the show interesting imo. If it weren't for the residents, we'd only have attendings on the show, and you can't do that on a medical drama.
Remember when everybody used to hate the Mercy Westlers? And now there are lots of Japril fans who are most likely very glad that they were added to the show back then.
Just saying that people always hate on new characters, and in the end they grow to like/love them. I remember lots of people hating on Lexie in season 4, and in the end everybody was devastated when she died.
I get what you're saying, but in regards to season 11, (aside from Maggie) I don't think the show can afford any new characters (or interns) to write into the storylines, as a potential character, if they haven't even done so for the main cast. I feel like the last batch of interns had more attention on them, that the show threw them in the mix and expected the audience to like them right away. I felt that the cast was way too big and they were trying to accommodate everyone, which in turn made for shortcut storytelling. As for new interns, GA is probably going to have them around since Jo and Steph are now residents and the attendings need to teach; it's fine, as long as they're not forced into the main storylines. I'm all for new characters, I just don't like a group of them all at once. I liked Teddy and Jackson/April probably because of how they were brought in too. It's also in the writing and introduction of these new characters; it's great if it helps an established character...not so much, if they're just added on and compete with storylines and airtime. Let's hope there is no need for interns.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

37 days to go!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

September is just around the corner

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Five weeks from today. In another week or two we'll be getting the first press release and first promo with clips from the premiere.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, and since there was no disaster/death in the finale, we can get promos with new footage
Old 08-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

29 days left!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait.

Icon: Nikki
Old 08-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

This should be in the OP.