Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Katherine Heigl / Izzie Stevens #19: Because everyone wants a piece of Katie!

Welcome to the 19th Izzie/Katie APPRECIATION THREAD

Credit to Lee

Credit to; Elexi

Credit to fozzy81

Credit to fozzy81

Credit to Duffy

Credit to Lycanthropist

Credit to Tahra

Credit to ukgreysfan

Credit to unknown

Biography

Katherine Marie Heigl was born in Washington, DC, on November 24, 1978, to Nancy and Paul Heigl. A short time afterwards the family moved to New Canaan, Connecticut, where Katherine was to spend the majority of her childhood. The youngest member of her family, Katherine, or "Katie" as she is nicknamed, has two elder siblings, John and Meg. Tragically, her older brother Jason died in 1986 of brain injuries suffered in a car accident, after being thrown from the back of a pickup truck. When doctors determined he was brain-dead, the family made the difficult decision to donate his organs. Not only did this painful chapter give Katherine a greater perspective and appreciation for life, but it motivated her to use her celebrity to promote the importance of organ donation.

Katherine was first thrust into the limelight as a child model. An aunt, visiting the family in New Canaan, took a number of photographs of her niece, then aged nine, in a series of poses to advertise a hair care product she had invented. Upon returning to New York, and with permission from Katherine's parents, she sent the photos to a number of modelling agencies. Within a few weeks Katherine had been signed to Wilhelmina, a renowned international modelling agency. Almost immediately she made her debut in a magazine advertisement, and soon followed this with an inaugural television appearance in a national commercial for Cheerios breakfast cereal.

Following a number of commercials and modelling assignments for Sears and Lord & Taylor, she made her big-screen debut in That Night (1992), which starred Juliette Lewis and C. Thomas Howell. It was then that she realized that acting rather than modelling was her passion. In 1993, Katherine appeared in Steven Soderbergh's critically acclaimed Depression-era drama King of the Hill (1993), before landing her first leading role as a rebellious teenager alongside Gérard Depardieu in My Father the Hero (1994). During this time, Katherine continued to attend New Canaan High School, balancing her academic studies with work on films and modelling, which she undertook during holidays, vacations and weekends.

In 1995 she played Sarah Ryback, the niece of Steven Seagal's character, in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995), which represented her first "action genre" film. Acting was now becoming a stronger focus for Katherine, although she still modelled extensively, appearing regularly in magazines such as "Seventeen". Television appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992) and Late Night with Conan O'Brien (1993) soon followed, before she took the lead role in Disney's Wish Upon a Star (1996) in 1996. It was also during that year that Katherine's parents divorced, and following her graduation from high school in 1997, she moved with her mother into a four-bedroom house in Los Angeles' Malibu Canyon area. This enabled her to focus upon acting with the guidance and support of her mother, who now managed her career.

In 1997 Katherine portrayed Taffy Entwhistle, Rita Hayworth's stand-in, in the movie Stand-ins (1997), and was also cast as the beauteous Princess Ilene in the European production Prince Valiant (1997). Katherine then made her debut in made-for-television films, co-starring with Peter Fonda in a re-working of the classic Shakespearean play The Tempest (1998) (TV), updated with an American Civil War theme. This film saw her take on the role of Miranda Prosper, a young woman torn between her love for her father and that for a Union soldier. Bug Buster (1998) and Bride of Chucky (1998) represented a venture into the horror genre for Katherine. While both films could be described as rather tongue-in-cheek despite their gory emphases, Bride of Chucky was the better received, both critically and commercially.

In 1999 Katherine decided to branch out into series television when she accepted the role of the haughty yet vulnerable Isabel Evans on Roswell (1999), a show that blended teen angst with sci-fi drama. Though she had never planned to embark on a career in television, the role of Isabel, a teenager with a secret life, was an offer she found impossible to refuse. In the series, Isabel, her brother Max (Jason Behr) and their friend Michael (Brendan Fehr) are aliens passing as humans in Roswell, New Mexico, as they desperately try to hide the truth from government agencies, the people of Roswell, and even their own adopted families. To publicize her role on Roswell, Katherine graced the covers of magazines such as "TV Guide", "Maxim" and "Teen", and was interviewed on Later with Cynthia Garrett (1994) and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (1999). Along with her mother Nancy, she also appeared in an episode of the Sci-Fi TV talk show Crossing Over with John Edward (1999), during which she spoke with John Edward, a psychic medium, about her late brother, Jason.

During the three years Roswell was in production, Katherine found time to work on several movies. 100 Girls (2000), an independent film released in 2001, is the story of a college freshman who meets the girl of his dreams in an elevator during a blackout, who spends the rest of the movie trying to find her again. Her cameo role is that of Arlene, the competitive tomboy. The second film, Valentine (2001), a horror film starring David Boreanaz and Denise Richards, appeared in U.S. theatres on February 2, 2001. In this movie, which is based upon the 1996 novel by Tom Savage, Katherine plays Shelley, a medical student who meets a sudden demise.

In the spring of 2001 Katherine accepted a role in NBC's Critical Assembly (2003) (TV), a two-hour, original television thriller. Katherine and Kerr Smith (Dawson's Creek (1998)) co-starred as brilliant and politically concerned college students who build a nuclear device to illustrate the need for a change in national priorities, but are betrayed by a fellow student when the bomb ends up in the hands of a terrorist. Unfortunately, the telefilm, directed by Eric Laneuville, written by Tom Vaughan and based on the best-seller The Seventh Power, by James Mills was shelved when its storyline was deemed too close for comfort to the events of September 11, 2001. It was eventually broadcast in 2003.

Since the cancellation of "Roswell" in the spring of 2002, Katherine has been busy with various projects, including an appearance on UPN's update of the classic television series, The Twilight Zone (2002). That episode, entitled Cradle of Darkness, aired October 2, 2002, and featured Katherine in the role of a woman who goes back in time to stop one of the most notorious murders in history. In addition, she completed a movie, Descendant (2003), a psychological thriller inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher. She also starred as Isabel Linton in MTV's updated version of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. Katherine has also starred as Romy in ABC/Touchstone's two-hour telepic Romy and Michele: In the Beginning (2005) (TV), a prequel to the 1997 feature Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997). She also made two Hallmark TV movies about frontier life Love Comes Softly (2003) & Love's Enduring Promise (2004). She played the role of Marty in both movies.

During the summer of 2002, Katherine made a major decision in the direction of her career when she signed on for representation in all areas with the William Morris Agency, one of the biggest and most prestigious agencies in the entertainment industry. She is now being represented by Norman Aladjem at Paradigm Agency and being managed by Nancy Heigl and Stephanie Simon and Jason Newman at Untitled Entertainment.

2005 proved to be Katie's breakout year when she won a role in the then new critically-acclaimed TV drama Grey's Anatomy. She played the role of Isobel "Izzie" Stevens, a model-turned-surgeon who was trying hard to be taken seriously despite her looks. She won the heart of America by playing Izzie with just the right vulnerability & passion. The show made her a household name and opened new doors for her. She starred in several movies within 2 years after the show's first season. Katherine starred as pharmaceutical rep Karly Hert in Side Effects (2005), Lynn Sheridan in The Ringer (2005), the ingenue Marissa in Zyzzyx Rd (2006), and British gal Laura in the British comedy Caffeine (2006).

Katherine got her recognition in 2007 when she was nominated for a Golden Globe for the very first time. She was nominated in the category Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-series or TV Movie. She unfortunately didn't win but she was happy that she was able to get noticed by the Foreign Press.

Katherine got her star-making role in 2007 when up-and-coming director Judd Apatow was casting the female lead in his new movie Knocked Up (2007). Katie played the role of E! entertainment reporter Allison Scott who finds out that her one-night-stand with a slacker resulted in an accidental pregnancy. Katie captured the role perfectly and she's won rave reviews for her performance. She was immediately dubbed as "America's Sweetheart." Fresh out of the success of Knocked Up, Katherine then shot the film 27 Dresses (2008). In the film, she played Jane Nichols, a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times and still struggling to find love. 27 Dresses was the film that cemented her claim as the new Romantic Comedy lead actress.

Seventeen years of hard work has finally paid off in (June 2007) when she won the Primetime Emmy for Best Female Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Grey's Anatomy. Katie thanked her mother in her acceptance speech for being there for her all though those years of struggling in the business.

Katherine is currently busy filming The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler while she's working on the final episodes of Grey's Anatomy. The new movie is scheduled to be shown in early 2009.
-Courtesy of Tahra, Lee, Katherine Heigl Fan & jahnnabanana-

Quotes About Katie

Izzie Quotes

_Katie/Izzie fans _
  1. virgo_ (Aroa)
  2. Robotica (Christy)
  3. Jason's Lover4life
  4. Ngatiara
  5. Sternbetrachter
  6. wanderer78 (Pia)
  7. gg_all_da_way
  8. angelface211
  9. DreamWalker (Mel)
  10. Kiara99
  11. ComeAwayWithMe
  12. Callalily
  13. Scare Queen
  14. LukaAbbyLover
  15. Gina Potter
  16. jamiedianne
  17. Beatriz
  18. furry_logic
  19. cntbdenied
  20. Cool Girl
  21. Kate1991
  22. Merlin_Bodhi
  23. cveTenceTo
  24. Onerva
  25. Toscane
  26. LaBelleVie
  27. Something Dramatic
  28. MusicofNight07
  29. luv2lobu
  30. IsabelAmandaEvans
  31. qtdramachickee72
  32. Christian'sKimberDoll
  33. MondaysWednesdaysFridays
  34. cablenathan
  35. Bambi_
  36. BrucasForever<3
  37. Ana Luthor
  38. SaraHanah
  39. Elya
  40. Holly1985
  41. ame3
  42. Lovely Lauren
  43. ~ZoRi~
  44. infinite memory
  45. KerBear
  46. Pauli_Abby
  47. maryamm5
  48. TrueloveGeorgeCallie
  49. TheMovieGrrl
  50. cranny4eva
  51. ClaireLS
  52. girl.inthewar
  53. *Jenn*
  54. jahnnabanana
  55. MerDerFan24
  56. agentcmk
  57. toxxic
  58. martystel
  59. cranny4eva
  60. msqueenbea
  61. miss_spargo
  62. josebajm
  63. LALEY-FOREVER
  64. Lennie1984
  65. mariem201
  66. dizzie_forever
  67. Twiggy Ramirez
  68. K.Corinne
  69. LoVe-Story
  70. True Daisy lover
  71. sohoblue123
  72. mekemma
  73. Kiwi-GA-fan
  74. leasp
  75. lara423
  76. Dorkodancer147
  77. valeposh
  78. SkateGirl88
  79. Dreamer~Candy4eva
  80. xTommyxQxLovex
  81. Bella Grint
  82. over the rainbow
  83. Bambi_Cricket
  84. Ryan-Marissa<3
  85. ::mavie::
  86. everyday's a daydream
  87. Reflecting_Light
  88. useless
  89. Elexi
  90. McB
  91. ~Jules~
  92. Izobel
  93. cornelia_it_sky
  94. crashintoyou
  95. IloveJosh
  96. LauraGI
  97. WalaBridget
  98. LonelyHeartsClubMember
  99. always2nl
  100. julie_chelson
  101. sh0brenda
  102. nicolasdes
  103. 10 My Love
  104. chemicalgenius
  105. ThePrettySophia
  106. WhisperWord
  107. Virginie_GW
  108. dreamergirl!
  109. Elle Gray
  110. chesterHester
  111. HoneyBunnyAnne
  112. Marahno
  113. andre silva
  114. raphi1860
  115. zselle
  116. AubreyT
  117. BrightYellow
  118. xNaley23x
  119. Rossignol
  120. Missml
  121. hellojojo123
  122. brendadylan1984
  123. ellen-cheerleaderx
  124. ryuzinho
  125. Chattia
  126. teddybears
  127. ilovemcsteamy
  128. Pacey'sgirl
  129. Red Bess Rackham
  130. Totty Limejuice
  131. Kelly_Dylan
  132. ..Mysha..

~ Quotes ~

~ "I have always found it fascinating how much of a voice the public gives celebrities. It's just interesting to me because its not like we did that much to deserve having so many people hanging on our every word." - on the power of celebrity

~ “I don’t condone obesity, but I don’t think we all need to be a ****ing size two. It’s a ridiculous goal. You know what’s important? Living well and not being consumed with eating boring salads that you hate. Eat Brie, and have a glass of red wine.” - on dieting

~ "It's so disconcerting---there are so many women now with fake breasts that that's the standard; that's what you're supposed to look like. But real boobs don't look like that, and a lot of working out won't make them look like that." - on plastic surgery

~ "I'm a saver...until I see something I like." - on her shopping problem

~ "I don't know if people tend to understand that about me or if it's just a coincidence, but I'm huge about the holidays. I usually bake six or seven types of cookies---at least two dozen of each. I put up a huge tree the day after Thanksgiving, do little show villages all around my house. I'm a huge Christmas person. I think it's probably because I was raised that way." - on her similarity with the characters she plays

~ "I'm grateful people think I'm beautiful or think I'm sexy, and I suppose it's better than the alternative, but I do try to fight it a bit so it's not all people see me as. And I'd love to one day be in a position where I could choose a role to showcase my creativity versus just my bra size." - on people's perception of her

~ "There are some amazingly intelligent, beautiful women out there. The two are not mutually exclusive. You can have a brain and a body. But if you're only looking at my body, then you're looking at the wrong thing." - on beauty and brains

~ "I'm not perfect. But clothes help. A good bra with some underwire definitely helps a lot!" - on her body

~ "My plan was to be a brown-haired Izzie, but they said no. I'd love to be a brunette. Having brown hair makes me feel more exotic." - on Izzie

~ “I play it very cool with Patrick. . . . You don’t admit crushes to crushes. That’s embarrassing. I did ask to feel his hair. Maybe that gave me away.” - on her childhood crush on Patrick Dempsey

~ Trivia ~

~ She has played a character named Isabel/Isobel three times. She played Isabel Linton in MTV's Wuthering Heights, Isabel Evans in Roswell and Isobel Stevens in Grey's Anatomy ( Isabel Evans/Isobel Stevens? They even rhyme! ). Her character's nickname in both Roswell and Grey's was Izzy/Izzie/Iz. She also played a character named Aizy in Critical Assembly. In My Father The Hero, her dad's girlfiend (played by Emma Thompson in an uncredited role) was also named Isabelle.

~ She was called "The Christmas Nazi" in Roswell. Grey's also has "The Nazi", played to perfection by Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey.
~ Her character was obsessed with Christmas in Grey's and Roswell hence, "The Christmas Nazi" nickname. In Grey's, her friends also gave Izzie a nickname---Tiny Tim---because of her Christmas obsession.

~ Played a medical student who got killed in the opening sequence of Valentine. Plays a surgical resident in Grey's.

~ She played the cello in high school.

~ Like some of the characters she played, she also knits obsessively. She knits on set when she's not reading. She makes her own scarves. It once got so out of hand that she has knitted little outfits for her dogs. Aside from knitting, she also enjoys crochet.

~ She bakes, cooks and likes arts & crafts. Quite a few of her characters also have this in common with her.

~ She is engaged to singer Josh Kelley. He gave her a 3.2 carat pear-shaped diamond engagement ring, which has half of her mother Nancy's platinum wedding band. The other half is in her sister Meg's engagement ring.

~ She started her career as a model at the age of 9. She first graced the small screen in a commercial for Cheerios.

~ She has done several movies where she played older sister to someone who was actually older than herself in real life. In Wish Upon a Star, Danielle Harris, who played younger sister Hayley, is actually older by a year and a half. In Roswell, younger brother Max (played by her ex Jason Behr) is 5 years older than Katie. In her newest film 27 Dresses, she plays older sister to Malin Akerman, who is 6.5 months older than her. Believe it or not, she has also played mother to someone older than herself. January Jones played her stepdaughter Missie Davis in Love's Enduring Promise but is about 11 months older that Katie.

~ She has the same birthday as her Roswell love interest Colin Hanks. They were both born on November 24, one year apart. Hanks was born in 1977 and Heigl in 1978.
Want some more trivia? Visit the Katie Trivia thread.
http://www.fanforum.com/f66/katie-he...life-62796830/
-Quotes and Trivia courtesy of jahnnabanana-

~ Videos ~

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy & Roswell vid of "Izzy"
YouTube - The Life Of Izzie Stevens
YouTube - "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" - Izzie's POV

Interviews, Features and Candids:
YouTube - Katherine Heigl Interview (1994)
YouTube - Katherine Heigl with Fans at the 2007 Golden Globes
YouTube - KATHERINE HEIGL

Movie Trailers/Clips:
YouTube - Wish Upon a Star - Opening Sequence
YouTube - Wish Upon a Star - Katherine Heigl & Danielle Harris
YouTube - 27 Dresses Trailer - Widescreen Version

Previous thread:
#14: Because she's now an Emmy award winner.

-If you want to add something or you want to be added to the list, tell me!!

Credit to Nililah

Last edited by hannahbanana; 11-20-2008 at 09:42 PM
Old 08-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Emma I love our OP and the title rocks
like your heart's going to cave in. y
- i'm anna {tumblr} {lj} {latest video} {icon}
Old 08-18-2008, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome hon! I loved having Nil's art in the end!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

yeah .. Nil's art is beautiful
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattia (View Post)
yeah .. Nil's art is beautiful
It really is!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

and I love that photoshoot Katie looked soo beautful
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

She does! Her hair is freaking amaaazing!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

it issss ! and her eyes are amazing
Old 08-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
it issss ! and her eyes are amazing
I floove her eyes! Im a brown eyes person!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

lol , I have brown eyes her eyes looks really great with her beautiful hair
Old 08-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
lol , I have brown eyes her eyes looks really great with her beautiful hair
Then I love your eyes! I want brown eyes! I have green grey something
Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

hey u made it girls
Old 08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

green grey something that sounds .. interesting

yep we did
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Emma

Old 08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Katie out and about in Los Angeles-August 15

Katherine Heigl at KatherineHeiglSource.com | Your Online Photo Gallery Of Katherine Heigl.