Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Gina Potter. I think his death would have had more impact if it happened later. And it would have spared Izzie's downfall. As much as I love this show, I don't like the sudden plot twists. I usually do in retrospect, but when it happens I hate it.

Hopefully, we'll be able to come to terms with it later. Like the Meredith/George situation.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow, that last thread went by really fast!

Snagged the avies and art

I agree that if they really wanted to kill Denny off, they should have at least waited, I think it was way too soon
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Would someone mind posting a few D/I quotes from the last couple of eps, I need to put one in my sig *lol* Thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the threads are flying on this board. But it's good. And it speaks a lot for I/D that a couple was on for only a handful of eps touched so many.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Seth's_Secret_Sister*~
Would someone mind posting a few D/I quotes from the last couple of eps, I need to put one in my sig *lol* Thanks
greysanatomyinsider.com.com and wikiquote both have a lot

I saw this in somebody's sig at another board, I thought we could use it as a reason and possbily as a title-
Because death ends a life, not a relationship
Old 05-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancer
greysanatomyinsider.com.com and wikiquote both have a lot

I saw this in somebody's sig at another board, I thought we could use it as a reason and possbily as a title-
Because death ends a life, not a relationship
thank you =)
Old 05-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I added that reason.

I even used it on a thread once for Alex/Isabel (the Roswell version) ages ago.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:24 PM
New Fan

Aw I like that. Good reason.

MEREDITH: "Dr. Bailey, all my boyfriends are here!"

Izzie's Angel

Old 05-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

lovely icons and art
Old 05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

I just have listend to Placebo and I've heard a line, that could be added as a reason: "because soulmates never die".
Old 05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I added it.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
I agree Gina Potter. I think his death would have had more impact if it happened later. And it would have spared Izzie's downfall. As much as I love this show, I don't like the sudden plot twists. I usually do in retrospect, but when it happens I hate it.
I just hope that his death has a great purpose, not just to show that death happens suddenly.

BECAUSE WE GET IT SHONDA!!! Nearly every episode has someone dying suddenly!

And I agree with you that if his death had happened later it would have more impact. Take Dr Green's death on ER. Everyone was expecting his death and it still was very emotional to see him dying.

I know people won't agree with me, but I think Shonda will get away with killing him because GA is right now a hit show, so everything is reason for a praise. But if she keeps doing things like this, I don't know if her fans will stick around.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Potter
I know people won't agree with me, but I think Shonda will get away with killing him because GA is right now a hit show, so everything is reason for a praise. But if she keeps doing things like this, I don't know if her fans will stick around.
Well, here's a question. What would you have done with the Izzie/Denny relationship in Season 3. If he had lived? As much as I liked him (and I/D), I'm not sure what kind of story there was for them.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
Well, here's a question. What would you have done with the Izzie/Denny relationship in Season 3. If he had lived? As much as I liked him (and I/D), I'm not sure what kind of story there was for them.
I loved your question.

First of all, they wouldn't become engaged. In my alternative ending, Izzie would make Denny wait for the answer and come to see him with that amazing dress she would beam at him and say that her answer was... maybe. Then she would make a speach about how she longed to do all those things with him, that she chose him too, but first she wanted to date him and know him, and make love to him. And then marry him.

There was a lot of things that could be explored. Sure he couldn't be in the hospital all the time, but he would have to show up sometimes to do his follow up.

One of the things that could be explored is the fact that we don't know what happened to Denny before he went to the hospital. What happened to his family and friends? I would say that he was an only son and orfan. Probably a playboy who had lots of "friends" and women interested in him. A little shallow maybe. Then when he became ill, his "friends" left him (they were that kind that liked his money and the fact that he paid all the fun). We probably will never know. It would be good to see a man and a woman with different backgrounds finding love together. I would like to see Izzie dealing with this, maybe even deal with a woman from his past.

Izzie and Denny would have to deal with the fact that Izzie totally lost it and stole the heart of a good man. I'm sure that would crush Denny. She could be suspended of the program, but he would then swear that he really was the one who cut the wire, because when he knew that he didn't get the heart he didn't want to stay at the hospital anymore. I think that dealing with what happened would be their major problem.

After he left the hospital, they would start to date and the sex would in some point be an issue. When would Denny be finally ready? And what about the living arrangements? It would be nice to see Denny waking up with Izzie in Meredith's house and prepare the breakfast for them (he liked to cook). I would like to see Denny with the gang in the bar some time, waiting for Izzie.

And what about his flaws. We didn't get to see them. Was he a jelous man? I would love to see Denny jelous, because of Alex, perhaps. Would he understand that Izzie needed to spend more time at the hospital, because she was trying to compensate her mistakes?

Oh, and we don't know what was Denny's profession. What if he was a lawyer? He could become one of the hospital lawyers and maybe defend Addison...

Sometime along the way, they would decide to marry. One day they would talk about children and Izzie would tell him about her daughter...

And if he really had to die... Well, he could reject the heart. That would open the door for lots of drama and still give us more moments to cherise.

My point is, there are a lot of possibilities. And I love Denny so much that I would accept his relationship with Izzie not working out, but we would know that he was somewhere happy, traveling and cooking. And the doors would be open for him to come back some day. Or we could see him every now and then, just like Bailey's husband.

So when she killed him so soon, Shonda killed the possibilities.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, and we don't know what was Denny's profession. What if he was a lawyer?
It was never mentioned on the show. But a major magazine said he was a marine biologist, and that he was wealthy. But I like the lawyer idea.

That's why I thought Izzie might have an inheritence of some sort coming from him.

Your ideas are interesting. And they're very plausible.

Unfortunately, we have to settle for flashbacks, dreams, fantasies etc. Or videos. Of all of them videos make the most sense.