Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Grey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD Discussion #1 ~ The First Season Drew Us In

I didn't see a thread for this first season's DVD discussion, so I wanted to start one. Feel free to delete or merge if there is one

I received the first Season of Grey's Anatomy on DVD for Christmas I've already rewatched the first three episodes

I did find a cool bonus "easter egg" thing, which I'll start a thread for.

However, I did wonder if there were any bloopers. I didn't find any
Old 12-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Total Fan

Sorry, there are no bloopers . The easter egg I didn't know it had until I accidently found it .

Ah.....I love S1 .
Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love season one too! I got both DVDs for Christmas and I've been watching all of the episdoes. Season one is really good!

I'll have to look for the Easter Egg thing.

Did anyone listen to the pilot commentaries? I started to listen to the one with Katherine, TR and Sandra.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Total Fan

S1 still has many of my favorite episodes from the series from "Winning the battle, Losing the War" to "Who's Zooming Who". Just too many terrific moments .

Quote:
Did anyone listen to the pilot commentaries? I started to listen to the one with Katherine, TR and Sandra.
I did. One of my favorite commentaries on dvd. Katie and T.R. are great . There are some commentaries that are boring, however, GA pilot commentary is definitely not one of them IMO .
Old 12-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There are some commentaries that are boring, however, GA pilot commentary is definitely not one of them IMO .
Well said...suffice to say I agree, as I thought that commentary was hilarious...

I heard about the Ipecac Easter Egg, but I never managed to find it...and now it's been quite a while since I've even tried. It's on the second disc though if I'm not mistaken...

And like everyone in here has already mentioned, Carol, there were no bloopers...in either this season, or even on the season two DVDs...

I think we did have a season one DVD discussion around here once upon a time, but since it's probably several pages back, I'll let the new thread slide...
Old 12-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Should I finish listening to the commentary? I stopped pretty soon after Sandra joined. It was kind of interesting so far, hearing their opinions on everything.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Total Fan

Hmm...there is a few tidbits Sandra mentions of the deleted scenes with Katie. They both wish they kept in. And that Sandra lost her voice during the pilot, and they had loop her dialogue in once her voice came back. That's it off the top of my head that was interesting to me .
Old 12-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I couldn't find the thread, not even on the Thread Guide, so I started it However, if you can find the old one, feel free to delete this one or merge it

I have now rewatched the first 5 episodes and am moving on to the last disc.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
I couldn't find the thread, not even on the Thread Guide, so I started it However, if you can find the old one, feel free to delete this one or merge it

I have now rewatched the first 5 episodes and am moving on to the last disc.
No worries, Carol...whether or not there was an old thread for the season one DVDs previously, it's clearly long gone...and might've been one of the casualties of the board crash earlier this year, so I'm fine with keeping this one around to discuss things...

Glad you're enjoying the DVDs too...just good stuff...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)
No worries, Carol...whether or not there was an old thread for the season one DVDs previously, it's clearly long gone...and might've been one of the casualties of the board crash earlier this year, so I'm fine with keeping this one around to discuss things...

Glad you're enjoying the DVDs too...just good stuff...
We lost so many old threads at Alias too

I just finished Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy
Old 01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
We lost so many old threads at Alias too
Tis a shame really, but luckily, I think most boards have since recovered from the loss, so it's all good...

Quote:
I just finished Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy
Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have S1 DVD however i can get the extra of it any help?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Just a quick question - in the region 1 dvds, before the main menu comes up - does it flash through pictures of the characters and play the tune of 'Cosy in the Rocket'?

Both my Season 1 & 2 dvds do that, and I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I have S1 DVD however i can get the extra of it any help?
What region is yours? General special features should be easy to find in the menu, but if it's the easter egg, or the commentary you're looking for - I think that's only available on Region 1.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by p&j =true luv (View Post)
Just a quick question - in the region 1 dvds, before the main menu comes up - does it flash through pictures of the characters and play the tune of 'Cosy in the Rocket'?
I have no idea what region 1 dvds are but mine does that too.
i find it annoying

aww man I miss season 1. my fave so far.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Region 1 dvds are US/Canada.