Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Doctor's Report/GA News #19 ~ Brand new season means brand new start!

Continue...
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Has this already been posted?

Quote:
Ellen Pompeo: Grey's Anatomy Set 'Feels Nice'
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2007 07:00 PM EDT

By Scott Huver

Ellen Pompeo

Photo by: Jeff Vespa / WireImage

After a turbulent year behind the scenes, Ellen Pompeo now gives the mood on the set of Grey's Anatomy a clean bill of health – though things have changed with the departure of cast members Kate Walsh and Isaiah Washington.

"It does feel different," Pompeo told PEOPLE at L.A. Confidential magazine's annual Emmy party, celebrating her cover shoot. "I love change. I think when one door opens or closes, another one opens. The seasons change and everything changes and I think change is good."

"It's good to turn over the dirt," she continued of the show's fourth season. "It feels nice and there's new beginnings for everybody and it feels great."

Walsh now has her own spin-off, Private Practice, and Washington will appear on the new show Bionic Woman after his firing from Grey's in the controversy over his use of a homophobic slur.

"They're missed, of course," says Pompeo. "But I'm also very happy and very hopeful for their new beginnings. You know, they're both taking on whole new chapters in their careers, which I think is really exciting for them. So, to sort of think about how it affects us is rather selfish. We just have to hope that their new endeavors are as successful, and I just wish them the best."

Pompeo's feelings were seconded by her Emmy-nominated co-star T.R. Knight. "It's been going really well," he told PEOPLE Sunday at a party celebrating the Emmy-nominated television producers, including Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes.

Though Knight said he's excited to be working new cast member Chyler Leigh, he is missing his pal, Walsh.

"I just went to her wedding this weekend and so luckily we'll still see her, but what she brought to the show and on set and her humor we'll miss her a lot," Knight said.

Pompeo was joined at the L.A. Confidential party by her finacé, music executive Chris Ivery. The actress said she and Ivery aren't in the midst of any wedding plans, and don't expect to have a traditional ceremony.

"To me a wedding is a piece of paper," she said. "I don't think it's going to change how we feel about each other. Every day is like a wedding when I wake up with him. We just have something so special. I don't need a big dress or four hundred people there to declare my love. I think we declare it every day to each other. So that's just our way. Different for different people."
Ellen Pompeo: Grey's Anatomy Set 'Feels Nice' - Grey's Anatomy, Ellen Pompeo, Isaiah Washington, Kate Walsh : People.com
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

thanks for the new thread
Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread and the news

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

From Dempsey fought Laurie for House - Yahoo! News UK :
Quote:
Dempsey fought Laurie for House
By WENN world entertainment news - 1 hour 59 minutes agoGrey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey almost landed another role as a TV doctor as he auditioned for the hit medical drama - Hugh Laurie's grumpy Gregory House.

Dempsey reveals he and Laurie were frontrunners to play the House character, but he knew he wasn't dark enough to play the limping doc.

He says, "I was called back multiple times... but I knew House wasn't going to happen - the character was much darker than where I was."

Ironically, Dempsey beat Rob Lowe to the role of Dr. Derek Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Total Fan

That's interesting trivia .

YouTube - ET 'Grey's Anatomy' Set Visit (longer version)
The original broadcast was different, and they showed another S4 cast photo .
Old 09-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Interview with Edward Hermann formely from Gilmore Girls. The guy has moxie, LOL.

A Grey's Visit. The new work included three episodes for the new season of Grey's Anatomy, in which he plays
Spoiler:

He enjoyed the job, too. ''It's a terrific cast,'' he said. Asked how people felt since Isaiah Washington's departure, he said it wasn't talked about much. When Patrick Dempsey invited Herrmann to breakfast, ''We talked cars, because he races. (Washington) never came up.''

Still, from the vibe on the set, Herrmann said, ''I think they're relieved. . . . I think everybody was glad to be rid of the guy.''

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 09-14-2007 at 11:08 AM
Old 09-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Total Fan

Mariem, you have a link hun? I think we may need to use spoiler tags on some parts of his snippnet .

ETA: Or just use a link due to a small spoiler .

ETA2: I put a spoiler tag on the spoiler part .

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 09-14-2007 at 11:09 AM
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

...my GG heart jumps up and down reading about EH!!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Interview with Edward Hermann formely from Gilmore Girls. The guy has moxie, LOL.

He enjoyed the job, too. ''It's a terrific cast,'' he said. Asked how people felt since Isaiah Washington's departure, he said it wasn't talked about much. When Patrick Dempsey invited Herrmann to breakfast, ''We talked cars, because he races. (Washington) never came up.''

Still, from the vibe on the set, Herrmann said, ''I think they're relieved. . . . I think everybody was glad to be rid of the guy.''

love him... cant wait to see him... hes one of my fave gg actors
Old 09-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
From Dempsey fought Laurie for House
Steph, thanks for posting this. That's a very interesting piece of news. I can't imagine Patrick as Gregory House 'cause he's so perfect as McDreamy. I can't imagine any other actor playing McDreamy either so good deal. It seems the casting people for both shows did a really good job.

Quote:
Thanks for posting, Marie. I liked him on GG. I'm sure I'm gonna like him on Grey's. I would have imagined him as an authority figure than an intern but he's a great actor. I'm sure he could pull it off.

Last edited by hannahbanana; 09-14-2007 at 08:30 PM
Old 09-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

Steph, there is no discussion of spoilers on this board . Please take all spoiler comments to the spoiler board . The only time we should see white boxes is if the article has a spoiler within it.

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 09-14-2007 at 08:17 PM
Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

I know. You think I'd remember that being a former mod.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Total Fan

Just one of those days I guess .