Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just love their shirts!!! they are GREAT!!!
She doesn’t drive me crazy she doesn’t make it impossible for me to feel normal . She doesn’t make me sick to my stomach thinking of my veterinarian touching her with his hands. Oh man I would give anything not to be looking at you.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Those shirts are great...it's really nice to see them getting involved in something like that, too...
Old 05-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Those shirts are to die for.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gio, thanks. I agree, the T-shirts are cute.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thought this first one was rather interesting, humourous, and random...

Quote:
Grey's Anatomy: Time to do some surgery on the White House
by Jane Stillwater

http://www.opednews.com

I am a big fan of the TV show "Grey's Anatomy". It teaches me lessons about life -- and what to do in an emergency. Here's an example: Despite all his rhetoric to the contrary, George Bush is no Dr. McDreamy. So. What would Dr. Webber do about that? Take GW off the surgery scheduling board and put him on the "prison track"!

And what did George tell Izzy in that episode where there was a bomb in the hospital? "Some people are watchers and some people are do-ers." That's deep.

Up until now, America has been a nation of watchers -- watching silently while our Constitution gets eroded, our tax money is given away to the rich, we live in fear and our military is systematically looted. So. How can we turn America into a nation of do-ers, a nation composed of people like Christina, Dr. Bailey and Dr. Burke? Can you for an instant imagine Dr. Bailey putting up with the utter greed, sadism and incompetence that is pouring out of the White House today?

How can we possibly turn America into a nation of do-ers who will throw Bush, Rumsfeld, Rove, Cheney and Rice out on their ears?

"We" don't have to do anything. Bush and his cronies have already done it for us -- have sealed their own doom. They themselves changed America from a nation of lurkers into a nation of do-ers. And I know exactly when the change happened. They did it at 3:15 pm last Saturday afternoon.

That was when I, me, Jane Stillwater, went to fill up the tank of my 1990 Toyota Tercel and discovered that a measly eight gallons of gas was gonna cost me $30. That's when I immediately became a revolutionary. A do-er. A Meridith Grey. (Forget about the false Dr. McDreamy. Let's switch to the vet!)

And the same thing happened to the guy in the Lexus at the gas pump next to me. $60 to top off his tank? I watched in wonder as he changed from Izzy to Dr. Bailey before my very eyes. "Nice bumper-sticker," he said, pointing to the one on the front of my car -- the one that read "Bush knew".
Looks like it'll be one packed, and interesting finale...much as I suspected...

Quote:
Grey's Anatomy Gears Up For Three Part Finale
May 06, 2006
Chris Evans

Averaging about 19.6 million viewers this season and actually beating ratings juggernaut (and sister show) Desperate Housewives for a few weeks (thanks in large part to a certain bomb and the Superbowl), Grey's Anatomy has become a bona fide hit for the, at one point, desperate ABC.

Its ratings have cooled down since its monster post-Superbowl numbers, but the show is still holding its own, which should be further proven in the coming weeks as May sweeps heat up and Grey's Anatomy unveils its three-part Season Finale.

Grey's, which was a mid-season replacement for the James Spader legal dramedy Boston Legal — a show that was not doing well in the 10:00 time slot behind Housewives — has enamored critics and audiences in the past year and a half. The show ended up netting much more of Housewives' audience than Boston Legal did and allowed ABC to monopolize Sunday nights, including the hour before Housewives with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Patrick Dempsey, known for Sweet Home Alabama and Scream 3, plays Derek Shepherd, the love interest of main character Meredith Grey (of the title), played by Ellen Pompeo (Moonlight Mile and Catch Me If You Can). At the end of the first season, after Meredith and Derek have played out their romance, it is revealed that Derek is in fact married. This obstacle to their romance provided the major storyline for season two.

Other notable performers are Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award winner Sandra Oh, whose Cristina Yang not only provides diversity to the show along with her co-stars Isaiah Washington (Dr. Preston Burke), Chandra Wilson (Dr. Miranda Bailey), and James Pickens Jr. (Dr. Richard Webber), but brings a sardonic wit to the show that balances out its inherent melodrama.

Other stars include Kate Walsh as Addison Shepherd, Derek's tough but compassionate wife, Justin Chambers as the obligatory sexy hospital villan Alex Karev, T.R. Knight as the shy and lovable George O'Malley, and Katherine Heigl as the smart but emotional Izzie Stevens. Katherine, whose character on the show is quite nice, is apparently, sources say — not so much. Heigl reportedly had a temper tantrum on set a few weeks ago — according to sources, she is nothing like her good-hearted character. I think it's a load of crap, but you never know with performers.

Like Housewives, Grey's Anatomy has come under a little scrutiny lately for its lagging storylines and cooling humor, as well as having many fans voice their disdain for Ellen Pompeo's gratuitous "Mary Alice-esque" "A-wise-man-once-said" narration at the beginning and end of the show. Needless to say however, the show is still going strong.

Star Pulse reports what's coming up on Grey's Anatomy May 14 and 15:

"17 Seconds" - Finn gives a health update on Doc, Meredith has to work with Callie for the day and George must spend the day with McDreamy. Meanwhile Burke and Izzie are still searching for a heart for Denny. This is all going down on part one of the season finale on Sunday, May 14.
In the first hour of part two of the season finale — "Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response" — Izzie and George take care of Denny while the clock continues to tick for finding him a new heart. Cristina is in charge of an ER and Dr. Shepherd (the male one) find himself with his friend's life in his hands.

In the second hour, "Losing My Religion," Richard investigates a patient's condition, Callie finally grills George about his feelings for her, and Meredith and Derek talk about Doc. Part two of the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy" airs Monday, May 15.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

The fall schedule for ABC will be announced on May 16th. I read over at TWOP that there's a very good chance that Grey's Anatomy will be moved to Mondays which I'm not happy about. If GA doesn't do as well on Mondays then I hope ABC will move it back to Sundays.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I heard about the potential Monday night move some time ago. And now that I'm going back to college, and may have to work in the evenings (and possibly on Mondays, depending on my schedule), I'm even less thrilled with the possibility there...
Old 05-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Braff Lover
The fall schedule for ABC will be announced on May 16th. I read over at TWOP that there's a very good chance that Grey's Anatomy will be moved to Mondays which I'm not happy about. If GA doesn't do as well on Mondays then I hope ABC will move it back to Sundays.
That sucks.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Why would they move GA if it's doing so great on Sunday nights?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAwayWithMe
Why would they move GA if it's doing so great on Sunday nights?
Because ABC needs to fill the 10 pm timeslot on Monday nights that was once occupied by Monday Night Football, which is moving to ESPN starting this coming NFL football season, that's why.

But I suppose we will to see what the schedule looks like next week before passing any judgments. I am crossing my fingers for a new show that stars Jason Wiles ("Bosco" on Third Watch and "Alex Williams" on Commander In Chief) and Dylan McDermett ("Bobby Donnell" on The Practice").

Luc Bourdon: Feb 16/87 - May 29/08: Forever a Canuck
Old 05-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Ooo...has to do with football, that's probably why I didn't know Thanks for clearing that up though!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

I could see GA being a good lead in for like... What About Brian.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

That will be a huge problem for me, as I'm a football/sports fan....but ABC will learn one of these days. I guarantee, they will not be pulling in the same ratings numbers on Monday, it'll be lower, so they'll screw themselves for such a possible move of GA.

Think "Alias", the show was perfectly suited for Sunday night TV, and ever since they moved it away from that timeslot, it struggled to get the "casual viewers", I mean it still has it's core following but which does doesn't?

If they want to move a show, why don't they move the DH show to Monday? Definitely less guys watch that show, so they won't have to compete with the sports crowd on Monday Nights.

Lets face it, Monday Night Football is a tradition for sports fans here in the US. Moving Grey's to Monday is not a good thing.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why would they move GA if it's doing so great on Sunday nights
Because they're nuts? They must have never heard of the 'if aint broke, don't fix it' phrase.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
That will be a huge problem for me, as I'm a football/sports fan....but ABC will learn one of these days. I guarantee, they will not be pulling in the same ratings numbers on Monday, it'll be lower, so they'll screw themselves for such a possible move of GA.

Think "Alias", the show was perfectly suited for Sunday night TV, and ever since they moved it away from that timeslot, it struggled to get the "casual viewers", I mean it still has it's core following but which does doesn't?

If they want to move a show, why don't they move the DH show to Monday? Definitely less guys watch that show, so they won't have to compete with the sports crowd on Monday Nights.

Lets face it, Monday Night Football is a tradition for sports fans here in the US. Moving Grey's to Monday is not a good thing.

Alex
I hadn't even thought about this scenario, but when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. Yet another reason for them to decide against moving Grey's to Mondays...

DH would probably be the best bet if it's between the two shows. And Sarah...you make a good point about Grey's being a good anchor show for What About Brian, or a similar style of show...would give that sort of show the audience boost it needs to get going...