Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)

I use to be one ship person for the long haul for some tv shows in my teen years, and that just didn't work for me. Because the couple I always loved for the long haul just never made it at the end of the series
I agree
Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

I had pretty good luck with my ships. Ross and Rachel, Monica and Chandler, Dylan and Kelly, David and Donna, Nick and Tess, Peter and Amanda, Ben and Felicity, Vaughn and Syd, Seth and Summer (not Ryan and Marissa though), they all ended up together at the end.

I am a one-couple shipper. Maybe it is the romantic in me, but to see aq haracter have multiple love of their lives ruins it for me.

So when Ifall for a couple, I fall completely and totally and I cannot see them with someone else. I definitely could not see George and Izzie with someone else. I did like Denny and Izzie a lot but not as much. But I hated her with Alex. Hank was a non-entity, LOL, although I do like usually the Canadian actor who played him, but he was always destined to be very short-term.

I also hated george with Meredith and Callie, and although I liked him with Olivia, it does not compare to the love I have for Geore and Izzie.

But in many ways I envy the multi-shipper, it makes it so much easier to watch without constantly worrying about your couple.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just checked the ABC poll, we are up to 49,3%, which is th highest we have been in a few days.
Nice...

Quote:
Another concern! When we are on season5 I will probably be in Scotland for school aaaaaaaaaaaah. I will have to wait a day to see the next episode online I suppose (can you just imagine the horror...the waiting...to know..oh it must be awful I am sorry to anyone whose not an awful spoiled yank like me)
I have to agree with you on it definitely being annoying, but thank goodness for the ability to download, or everyone would be even further behind...

Quote:
I already know my Thurs. nights I am staying inside (as usual)!

Quote:
I think he looks beyond sexy in it. I hope they NEVER get another jacket,.It suits him. You guys really are sick of it? I drool...........like a puppy.
Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying it looks bad on him or anything...quite the contrary actually...but I also can't help but wonder why they've never shown him in any other jackets/sweaters...

Quote:
My other auntie lives in Vietnam and she managed to get the whole 3rd season on DVD.So me and ma friends all watched it together.And now we are all O'Stevens fans!
Sweet deal...

Quote:
I posted this in the Izzie thread but I thought you might like to see it too.
Awww...that's very cute, Janine... Thanks for bringing it over...

Quote:
Agreed with the punching thing though..
Indeed...looks like she's playfully punching and he's doing his best to avoid it...too funny...

Quote:
It's not that I get money for promoting holycitygirl's fics, but I am a gizzie fic junkie too, and they're essential to cheer us up when we're down or have lack of hope. And I thought that maybe you'd enjoy this. So, here's the link: CLICK
Thanks for linking that here, Joseba...will be sure to read it later tonight...

Quote:
I found this poll where Gizzie is actually listed as favorite something, LOL.

It is there:
Voote.com - Favourite Best Friends To Lovers Television Couple
Sweet...I've voted...

And thanks for starting the new thread, Joseba...nice title...

Quote:
The only guy I never liked her with was her hockey player boyfriend Hank .
I think we can all agree on that one, Mel...thankfully we never saw him again after that Shake Your Groove Thing...

And luckily, I also fall under the multi-shipper category for the most part, which like many of you are saying, tends to make it easier at the end of the day, given you don't tend to worry as much about your couple. Still, I think it'd be a real shame, and quite probably terribly done if G/I were just written off without any real exploration being given to them as a couple. That, and they're my 'couple of the moment' such as it were, so I'd probably be bothered if they weren't even given a chance.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys

I love the new thread
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I'd be ehartbroken if George and izzie were just dropped, they are probably my favorite TV couple ever and in such a short time too and I have loved A WHOLE LOT of TV and movie couples. But those two have something really special.

Anyone watching MFM tonight?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am
Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
Am I going to get staked if I said the other?

Honestly, I can't perfer one over the other because I view both ships differently in an equal manner . They both mean differently to me in regards on how I feel about them . It's hard to compare my feelings of preference because they are like apples and oranges. Plus I'm a big multi-character shipper, so for me ships pertaining to one character are beautifuly and wonderful to watch in their own different, unique ways . In regards to GA, regarding Izzie's character, I'm a major fan of ships of Denny/Izzie, Mark/Izzie(even though that one is in fanfic land ), George/Izzie(since "No Man's Land" btw), and Alex/Izzie. The only guy I never liked her with was her hockey player boyfriend Hank .

Just mentally and emotionally, in my noggin, I just can't pick . Doesn't help your curiosity none huh?
I hear where you are coming from. My preference is for George/Izzie, but I also enjoyed Denny/Izzie (You're not the boss of me Woman) . Mark/Izzie, not so sure. Izzie would be good for him, but she would be good for any man she loved. He on the other hand needs to grow up a bit IMO. Alex/Izzie, that's a loaded one for me. I can see the good girl redeeming the bad "damaged" boy part of it, but having lived it (my ex, father of my two children is one of those) I wouldn't suggested it. They are very appealing, and usually have a lot of charisma, but when you need them, they are not able to be there for you. I think they would like to be, but they don't have the loving upbringing to borrow from. You can't give what you don't have.

Back to George/Izzie. They are best friends, soulmates and now lovers. He comes from really good people with good values. She is a loving, compassionate person who is somewhat ashamed of her upbringing, but I am assuming that she was shown love by her mom, even if her mom sounded like a bit of a flake (Izzie detested the clairvoyante because psychics bilked her mom of what little money she had). They are perfect together. Not that other possibilies aren't interesting, but with my life experience, they are the only possibility worth seeing through. People with different life experiences may see it differently, which is fine, just as long as they don't jam their preference down my throat, or threaten my enjoyment of my preference, George/Izzie

Okay, I'll get down from my soapbox now
Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Oh, I'd be ehartbroken if George and izzie were just dropped, they are probably my favorite TV couple ever and in such a short time too and I have loved A WHOLE LOT of TV and movie couples. But those two have something really special.
I agree.This couples is special. I have loved others couples but to really it interested me little of they. The gizzie is only
Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

George and Izzie will always be "the" couple on Grey's for me. The chemistry is just... well, it's insane. There's alot of tv and movie couples that I love and root for but there has NEVER been one that has pulled me in this much. Like I said, their chemistry is phenomenal.

The new picture of Katie and TR is just too adorable... I like Josh well enough. And Katie seems very happy with him but I gotta be honest, I didn't even realize he was in the picture until the 3rd or 4th time looking at it haha
* We extend our apologies to the young victims of the face-painting mix-up at the Saturday Farmers Market. The paint should slough off within one month, or can be removed now with diluted lighter fluid.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I am able to enjoy other pairings which is why I consider myself a multi-shipper, but in all the ways that count, there's only one pairing that I'm invested in. I couldn't sustain that sort of investment in multiple pairings. It would be emotionally exhausting!

michael/isabel
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyHanded (View Post)
George and Izzie will always be "the" couple on Grey's for me. The chemistry is just... well, it's insane. There's alot of tv and movie couples that I love and root for but there has NEVER been one that has pulled me in this much. Like I said, their chemistry is phenomenal.

The new picture of Katie and TR is just too adorable... I like Josh well enough. And Katie seems very happy with him but I gotta be honest, I didn't even realize he was in the picture until the 3rd or 4th time looking at it haha
LOL, I didn't either, just noticed Katie and TR. Those two are so close and cute, love that, I guess that explans the fabulous chemistry and connection they have on screen.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by downinnewyork (View Post)
I am able to enjoy other pairings which is why I consider myself a multi-shipper, but in all the ways that count, there's only one pairing that I'm invested in. I couldn't sustain that sort of investment in multiple pairings. It would be emotionally exhausting!
i think that's what i'm like, i can appreciate other couples, but am only hardcore for 1

i've always been bad luck with the couples i've shipped, & not one has ever been together when the show ended, hopefully gizzie will be the exception!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
New Fan

I can't believe we are in the 45th thread already! I just watched MFM rerun. There were a lot of BGL interaction there. The linen closet scene along with the one where Izzie rolls up her bedsheets and cries are just so heartbreaking.

Thank you for welcoming me to this community. It's true the lurkers should "de-lurk"; trust me " lurkers" it feels good to be able to express the love for this couple.

That's a cute picture of TR and Katie!

Joseba, I read Holycitygirls fic yesterday; it sure put a smile on my face.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_gizziefan (View Post)
no offence meant.

see, i just don't understand that. when i ship a couple i ship them hardcore, for the long haul. and unless one half of the couple dies/leaves the show, i can't accept them with anyone else.

if george and izzie don't get together it would be a crime against humanity.
I used to be exactly like that, to the point that I would stop watching a show if my ship didn't work out or suffered unknown amounts of agony if it looked like it wouldn't work out. Phoebe and Cole (charmed) Buffy and Spike ( I mean come on he dies), Jess and Rory (I stopped watching for an entire season before they won my heart over with Logan and ended that brutally) ect. I was really lucky though with Michael and Maria in Roswell though that show caused me some agony with Courteny and Isabel. I just got burned out and so I've stopped watching shows just for a ship and now watch them for their own merit. George and Izzie ending would be painful to watch but I could see Izzie move on with someone like Mcsteamy.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by absent toast (View Post)
I used to be exactly like that, to the point that I would stop watching a show if my ship didn't work out or suffered unknown amounts of agony if it looked like it wouldn't work out. Phoebe and Cole (charmed) Buffy and Spike ( I mean come on he dies), Jess and Rory (I stopped watching for an entire season before they won my heart over with Logan and ended that brutally) ect. I was really lucky though with Michael and Maria in Roswell though that show caused me some agony with Courteny and Isabel. I just got burned out and so I've stopped watching shows just for a ship and now watch them for their own merit. George and Izzie ending would be painful to watch but I could see Izzie move on with someone like Mcsteamy.
No offense, but to me, Mark is like Alex. The same type of guy, and after making it so obvious that George and Izzie have the real deal, I ouldn't see her with a guy like Mark. I really hope George and Izzie are given a chance, just seeing tonight's episode showed me how perfect they are as a couple. They didn't share the same connection with anyone else. And their chemistry is undeniable. Why mess with something so perfect?

I have been lucky with my couples, with an exception or two, so I guess I don't have the same experience of being burned, but yes I would hate Izzie with a guy like Mark.

If, god forbids, they drop Gizzie, I hope they find her a guy like Denny or George.

I guess I am not a big Mark fan at all. He just does nothing for me.

Maybe I am hopelessly naive, but I still think Gizzie are end game, especially after watching My favorite mistake.

Oh I liked Cole and Phoebe too, so that made me mad, but my main couple was Piper and Leo, so I was beyond thrilled they had such a happy ending. Loved the finale with them old and ith their grand-kids, so sweet!

ETA I found this really great BGL fanfic on George and Izzie's LJ called Fine lines. Also, does anyone know how you can create a poll on voote.com when you have an account?

Last edited by mariem201; 08-09-2007 at 09:34 PM