Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Hey chastidy!

I know haha it's kind of crazy because I was just about to give up on this show, was waiting for a final straw and then all of a sudden in the second half of the season Jolex and Jo have had more focus than they've gotten in the past 2 seasons! It makes you wonder if they genuinely did mean to tell their stories in seasons 11 and 12 and it truly was behind the scenes drama that they got the worst of, and maybe the writers do actually care a bit about them. We'll see I just hope it continues!

It also could be that Jos getting some focus now because she won't be in the last few episodes, I'm not sure when she'll finish up though! Do you think they are being acknowledged as 5th years now? No one has mentioned it but I swear they should be by now, and I would've thought boards would be a good excuse to use for Camillas absence ?
I thought I'd quote your post and reply with the info I have because you said two things I wanted to comment on.

Camilla said she's due at the end of March/beginning of April and that's exactly when they wrap up. So unless her daughter decides to come a few weeks earlier, I'd hope that TPTB are prepared and have a plan. They again delayed Jo's story till the end of the season knowing very well that Camilla will have her baby then, so I want to hope that they decided to film her scenes beforehand. Camilla herself said she's ready to work till she has her baby, so we can at least be sure she won't be on maternity leave. If her baby doesn't come early she'd be able to wrap up the season without missing an episode.

To your second question, they did mention that they are senior residents in epsiode 5? I forgot the exact episode number but the writers finally acknowledged that they are in their 5th year. Only question is, do they pretend they just started their 5th year or could they actually take their boards soon? If so, why does Jo still not have a specialty?! That's gonna drive me crazy someday!!!

About that article speculating about KH's return, I'm just laughing because whoever wrote that couldn't even bother googling how to write Meredith and Derek. There is no way in my opinion that if Burke settled down, Izzie hasn't. She was someone who in two years said I love you to three different guys, so I think I can say that she falls in love rather quickly. I'm sure she's long remarried and has a family. I doubt that she's still pining after Alex somewhere after all these years. That would be really unrealistic to me even if they brought her back for one episode.

I don't know if Japril will get back together in their centric episode, but if not, then maybe April could indeed end up dating Jo's husband? I don't know if she and Jo will keep bonding or not, but if the writers make them bond some more over the next episodes, then I'm sure they will only do it because of some ulterior motive. Writers who couldn't bother to give Jo her own storyline for 4 years and were okay with not giving her any attending friends or a mentor probably only make her bond with people now so they can use it for drama later.

Oh but I do think that they did want to tell Jolex's story in season 11 because it was so clear that by the end of the season they had put Alex and Jo in random scenes where they almost did nothing and just stood next to the characters who actually belonged in those scenes. Plus Stephanie had that plane crash couple in 11x20 where the guy had used the words "I'm gonna marry that girl". I reaaaaaaally doubt that that patient was really supposed to be for Steph.

But if you want me to come up with any explanation for why the writers ignored them ad badly as they did in season 12? Well, I don't have one for that. It was beyond awful and I wish we could erase the last two years.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie99 (View Post)
Who knows ? Maybe Izzie comes back?

There would be a love triangle between Alex, Jo and Izzie.

Grey’s Anatomy: A Katherine Heigl return will add intrigue to love triangle | INSCMagazine

can you get out of this thread? thank

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 02-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
Oh but I do think that they did want to tell Jolex's story in season 11 because it was so clear that by the end of the season they had put Alex and Jo in random scenes where they almost did nothing and just stood next to the characters who actually belonged in those scenes. Plus Stephanie had that plane crash couple in 11x20 where the guy had used the words "I'm gonna marry that girl". I reaaaaaaally doubt that that patient was really supposed to be for Steph.
I'm not so sure, but I could see that. After all, we do know for a fact that a lot of things concerning the storytelling changed during that season for BTS reasons. But even if that was the case, I doubt their story back then would have been the same as it is now. I think it's pretty clear, also judging by stuff that happened in s12 (like their fight in 12x03 and the ring in the drawer thing in 12x11), that the husband was literally something they pulled out of their asses last minute.

I don't remember, what was with Steph's patient in that episode? What was his story?
Old 02-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I'm not sure if they wanted to tell the same story, just some story. Maybe if the BTS drama with Patrick hadn't happened, they would've just made Alex and Jo get married at the end of the season. I can imagine that this husband thing was only done to give them a storyline since they had pretty much ignored them for two years straight and people had lost interest. Of course I can't know what these writers are thinking for sure, but I think Shonda was for once not lying when she said she wanted to tell their story in S11 and BTS stuff got in the way. She had also tweeted in 11x08 that there was gonna be so much more Alex and Jo to come, only for them to almost have nothing.

What I found pretty obvious about those scenes in the end were for example scenes like in 11x20 when they talked to Maggie about the plane crash and they were in that CT room. Jo and Alex stood next to each other the entire time and didn't speak a word to each other. Jo didn't say a single word in that scene, which really makes me believe she wasn't supposed to be in it. Also she barely had scenes in episodes 18-20, only having one or two scenes where they talked about Steph's problems and she was just the supportive friend.

I'm sorry, I don't remember the plane crash couple anymore, I only remember that line because we still saw scripts being released back then and when we all saw that line for that patient we all knew it had to be Jo's, or why else would they make the guy say the exact same thing Alex said about Jo? S11 is such a blur to me I forgot most things that aren't Jolex related, but maybe someone else remembers.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

I hope that Jo features heavily in Thursday's episode although something makes me doubt it since she fOcus in the last two weeks. Fingers crossed though

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Jo's husband should appear soon, right?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

This week there is no Greys but the next episodd seems to be more about Alex being the supportive friend to Meredith in regards of Riggs, so for some reason I think Jo won't be in it much. Of course I could be wrong but I doubg Jo will have a bigger role when the episode seems to be about Omelia and Merthan...
Old 03-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Extreme Fan

An episode takes about 43 minutes. I do not expect it to be about Merthan in the whole episode. Even if it would be great for me as Merthan after the time when there was no Merthan and we Merthan fans really come too short. But I would already look over 3 good Merthan scenes.

In 13x16, it is just about Japril as it looks, all the others do not appear. I like Japril, but why do they bring such episodes just about Japril I do not understand?
Old 03-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi guys - nice to "see some old faces!" I think that Jolex will take a backseat for the next couple of episodes, which I am okay with, though of course I would love a little bit of something. Riggs/Mer and Japril really haven't gotten much screentime at all and I have been pretty happy with the Jo and Alex screentime this season overall. Which isn't to say that I have necessarily loved the storyline, but I definitely think that things have improved.

It seems that there may be some Jolex interaction in episode 18 but I expect most of it to happen in the last few episodes per usual, especially if Jo's husband shows up. It sounds like they have been filming many episodes out of order, so I imagine that Camilla will be filling her later episodes now before the baby comes. Which means that if the husband is coming they will be filling that role pretty soon, so hopefully some news about casting will leak out at some point!

I have my heart set on the husband coming, so I will be so disappointed if it turns out that he doesn't!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oops double post - not sure how that happened!
Old 03-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
About that article speculating about KH's return, I'm just laughing because whoever wrote that couldn't even bother googling how to write Meredith and Derek. There is no way in my opinion that if Burke settled down, Izzie hasn't.
Whoever wrote that was just speculating if it's possible that she comes back and the outcome of it. It's no confirmation that she will be back and like you, I doubt that. It's very unlikely that she has an interest in coming back after so many years. A few years ago, when Alex and Jo became a couple I was wondering myself what it would be if Izzie came back. But this ship has sailed. He wanted to marry Jo. That means he was ready to let go and to start a family with another woman.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
Hi guys - nice to "see some old faces!" I think that Jolex will take a backseat for the next couple of episodes, which I am okay with, though of course I would love a little bit of something. Riggs/Mer and Japril really haven't gotten much screentime at all and I have been pretty happy with the Jo and Alex screentime this season overall. Which isn't to say that I have necessarily loved the storyline, but I definitely think that things have improved.

It seems that there may be some Jolex interaction in episode 18 but I expect most of it to happen in the last few episodes per usual, especially if Jo's husband shows up. It sounds like they have been filming many episodes out of order, so I imagine that Camilla will be filling her later episodes now before the baby comes. Which means that if the husband is coming they will be filling that role pretty soon, so hopefully some news about casting will leak out at some point!

I have my heart set on the husband coming, so I will be so disappointed if it turns out that he doesn't!
I really appreciate your positivity. I myself am just feeling like I've been constantly waiting for the last two years and feel so unsatisfied all the time. Which I think is no surprise considering that there were many issues that the writers all ignored. For example, they didn't use the endless episodes in season 11 and 12 they gave Alex with his friends and without Jo to develop Jo more outside of Alex. They didn't bother giving her a mentor while Alex was busy dealing with Meredith. So now I still feel like Jo needs more outside of Alex but at the same time I miss Jolex so freaking much that I can't be 100% happy if they get screentime apart. I still get upset when thinking of 13A where they gave Alex a trial storyline and completely excluded Jo.

But 13B seems better. In hindsight I felt like 13x10 was kind of useless but it had some good Jo moments. 13x12 had good Alex moments and the Jolex hug. 13x13 showed that Jo saved a woman with April. 13x14 was great. I'm just tired of waiting because I want some consecutive good Jolex episodes again like it was the case in season 9 and 10. Justin said they will work on their issues in the next episodes, but I wonder which episodes he meant? Like you I don't really see much until 13x18 and I read on twitter that that episode will most likely be a lot about Maggie. The Justin interviews had given me hope and now I'm dreading going for weeks without any Jolex interaction again like it was the case last season.

The thing is, yes I want the husband storyline to be done well and if it plays into next season, good. But it annoys me that they again waited so long to do something with it. It will be nearly a year since they mentioned him that he will show up. If the only chance to do something with Jolex would be this husband storyline, I'd be more than happy for it to be stretched out so much. But there's so much else they could do with them, and unlike what everyone says, I'm not sure how much longer GA will go on. Or if Justin will really decide to stay till the end, or Ellen for that matter.

I really think Jolex are as meant to be as Justin said they were, but if you look at most of the Grey's fans, they all don't see it. And why? Because for so long the writers barely showed them any Jolex on their screens. They had a ship with so much potential on their hands and ruined it all by ignoring them. I really hope they will do better and that this husband storyline will be done well. That for once the focus will be on telling a Jo and Alex story.

Sorry for complaining again. I think if I hadn't been so upset by the last two seasons I'd be happier about this one now. The frustration just piled up over the years.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

The abusive husband storyline is one I look forward to the most. It's something Jo and Alex can deal with together. And maybe this will bring them closer together again.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I really appreciate your positivity. I myself am just feeling like I've been constantly waiting for the last two years and feel so unsatisfied all the time. Which I think is no surprise considering that there were many issues that the writers all ignored. For example, they didn't use the endless episodes in season 11 and 12 they gave Alex with his friends and without Jo to develop Jo more outside of Alex. They didn't bother giving her a mentor while Alex was busy dealing with Meredith. So now I still feel like Jo needs more outside of Alex but at the same time I miss Jolex so freaking much that I can't be 100% happy if they get screentime apart. I still get upset when thinking of 13A where they gave Alex a trial storyline and completely excluded Jo.

But 13B seems better. In hindsight I felt like 13x10 was kind of useless but it had some good Jo moments. 13x12 had good Alex moments and the Jolex hug. 13x13 showed that Jo saved a woman with April. 13x14 was great. I'm just tired of waiting because I want some consecutive good Jolex episodes again like it was the case in season 9 and 10. Justin said they will work on their issues in the next episodes, but I wonder which episodes he meant? Like you I don't really see much until 13x18 and I read on twitter that that episode will most likely be a lot about Maggie. The Justin interviews had given me hope and now I'm dreading going for weeks without any Jolex interaction again like it was the case last season.

The thing is, yes I want the husband storyline to be done well and if it plays into next season, good. But it annoys me that they again waited so long to do something with it. It will be nearly a year since they mentioned him that he will show up. If the only chance to do something with Jolex would be this husband storyline, I'd be more than happy for it to be stretched out so much. But there's so much else they could do with them, and unlike what everyone says, I'm not sure how much longer GA will go on. Or if Justin will really decide to stay till the end, or Ellen for that matter.

I really think Jolex are as meant to be as Justin said they were, but if you look at most of the Grey's fans, they all don't see it. And why? Because for so long the writers barely showed them any Jolex on their screens. They had a ship with so much potential on their hands and ruined it all by ignoring them. I really hope they will do better and that this husband storyline will be done well. That for once the focus will be on telling a Jo and Alex story.

Sorry for complaining again. I think if I hadn't been so upset by the last two seasons I'd be happier about this one now. The frustration just piled up over the years.
I have been frustrated as well, and seasons 11-12 did a lot of damage to Jolex and the show as a whole, but at this point, we are over half way through season 13 and Alex and Jo have been given decent stuff, so I personally have no interest in rehashing all the ways that they have been screwed over. What's done is done and I just want to focus on what's going on with them now. The show as a whole is just not the same and its not like any character is getting great storylines or massive amounts of screentime. It is what it is and I am looking forward to what comes next. And honestly, I don't expect the husband stuff to be handled well, just like the Alex jail stuff wasn't handled well. Nothing on the show is written well anymore, but I still watch for the characters and actors that I like and that's enough for me for now.

I understand that some just can't get over the way that they were treated in the past, but I just have very low expectations at this point, so I am usually not overly disappointed anymore. I don't expect alot from this episode, but the hug came completely out of nowhere as far as expectations, so maybe we'll get lucky again!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
The show as a whole is just not the same and its not like any character is getting great storylines or massive amounts of screentime.
And there is hardly any happy couple. Over the seasons Shonda broke up almost all long term couples. It's not only Jolex shipper who complain that their couple doesn't get the attention it deserves. It's a problem itself.