Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

If she faked her papers this has serious consequences for her medical practice doesn't it?
Old 10-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
If she faked her papers this has serious consequences for her medical practice doesn't it?
Yes. I hope that they make it clear that she somehow changed it legally (maybe through a domestic violence network or something), otherwise she will have been practicing medicine without a license. Of course then maybe she and Alex can go away to jail together and get their happy ending LOL!

Seriously though, I hope that they work this out and make it clear, because otherwise, she is going to face consequences at the hospital and then the other doctors aren't going to trust her, blah, blah and I don't think that she as a character can't overcome anything more. Most likely, though, HOW she did all of this will never even be mentioned.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

I wish they had not introduced the backstory about her abusive husband. It makes her story seem contrived and unrealistic. How can someone have faced so much adversity, but still end up at Princeton and Harvard on a full ride? Also, did she do this while using a fake name that she did not legally change? Is her SIN changed or is she still using the one with her real name. If so, she is not really a doctor and it opens up bigger problems than her running away from her husband.

Given the writing on this show, I don't think they are good enough to address all these problems in her backstory so I wish they had focused on writing her better in the present instead of playing with her past. They could have easily broken up Jolex by having Jo vocalize that he treats her poorly and that she wants to take time to improve herself as a doctor. That way she could shine as a resident and improve to the audience in the present.

Currently her backstory is neglected, she isn't really gaining as a doctor right now and she struggles to get perspective. I don't understand what the point of the DV story was other than to give Alex more material.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Extreme Fan

If government helped her to change her identity officially, it means that this guy was indeed dangerous. It also means they should've catch him or at least try to. It just doesn't add up. I thought witness protection program only helps when someone help government to put a criminal to jail, so why she exactly afraid of it? Surely government would've nulified their marriage also.
And she doesn't seem to care about people learning about it either. Should be a bigger deal.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Jo already had enough to tell without this husband thing and they never let her. Now there's just more and more socially important backstory to tell and no interest coming from the writers to do so. I'm so beyond disappointed, I'm angry too because I can relate to some things and see people be so rude and judgemental about it I could literally cry.

I think of poor Camilla who was saying at Comic Con in London that she had already ordered books on domestic violence and was gonna read them during the summer to prepare herself for this storyline. And the writers have done nothing with it so far. I just hate how characters who are already well developed get more and more focus on the show while characters like Jo who need the focus desperately don't get anything.

I don't know how the whole thing next week will play out but I can't wait for someone to tell the characters that they suck as teachers. Best example is Jo. She's not lazy, she's not dumb and she gets treated like crap. None of the attendings except Alex have ever been good teachers to her. Meredith is the worst and I wish she would face some consequences but I doubt that the sun will be held accountable for how crappy she treats some residents.

Greysjolex, you always speak from my soul.

Btw we need a new thread title and I would love what Camilla said about her and Justin hugging each other and asking when Jolex will get back together.