Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

i think callie mentioning lexie was odd and seemed like a desparate attempt from shonda to interject lexie into the A team. but lexie honestly wasnt friends with any of the people at the table and meredith sometimes did not act like her sister.

i thought her mentioning mark was appropriate though because he was one of her people.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lexie really wasn't friends with anyone!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
How come?
I don't know really. I think I expected more. Like I read the spoiler that had Ellen (I think it was her?) talking about it, and it kind of just fell flat. And like others have said Callie's ".....and Lexie!!" comment was just a sad attempt by the writers to be like "SEE WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT HER". I'm just really really disappointed with how they've handled the aftermath of Lexie's death, or lack there of.

Tori
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the writers never really integrated lexie into the show though. even having meredith stop and mourn her too much would send up a ton of red flags. the writers just didn't try hard enough to build that relationship. i feel like adele's death made the same impact because even though she was around since the beginning, her having the same illness as richard's mistress was just tacky. the best death this show saw this season was mr. feeny! <33
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I 100% completely agree. They really (IMO) missed out on taking the Lexie/Meredith relationship some place. But it still would have been really nice to see something more done with Lexie's death. I mean Mark got a full episode dedicated to him with many many mentions in the first 4 or so episodes and then about a gazillion in the last episode. Lexie wasn't even a top favorite character of mine, but it makes me mad how they dealt wit her, I can't imagine how her big fans feel. But I mean its probably a moot point and nothing will come of it.

I actually thought Adele's death was heartbreaking. And I admittedly bawled like a baby the second I saw Webber walk into the reception. But I do agree about Mr. Feeny. I was one of the few people who did not see it coming at all, and yea, sad.

Tori
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
the writers never really integrated lexie into the show though. even having meredith stop and mourn her too much would send up a ton of red flags. the writers just didn't try hard enough to build that relationship. i feel like adele's death made the same impact because even though she was around since the beginning, her having the same illness as richard's mistress was just tacky. the best death this show saw this season was mr. feeny! <33
Meredith didn't even mourn Lexie. It was like oh yeah she's dead, next. As a Lexie fan I feel like she was more than Appreciated on a show she wasn't even on thanks to Krista. So as far as this show goes with Lexie's Nods I couldn't careless.

It all comes down to backstage Drama, something happened at the end of Season five that changed Lexie's as a character, sadly we will never know what that was.

The whole Storyline should have been more about ML loosing their lives than anything else. but SR couldn't keep her hard on for Sara out of the way So this whole thing ended up being about Callie but than I don't actually care since this Storyline was bogus from the start.