Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
In season 3 yeah, Mark comes out behind Derek shirtless and says "well, this is awkward" just like in this scene.
Actually he came out with a towel on, to show the audience that Addison had sex with Mark. Were as in the AU she didn't have sex with him, She was clothed crying and so was he except for the shirt and Derek heard the whole Junkie blood line.

I still think that Scene came out to much like a daytime Soap (It's been done and redone a hundred different times) or someone on Jerry Springer or Maury.

The thing that caught my eye in the promo though, was Cristina almost getting killed when a car starts cashing through the doors and Owen has to save her on V/day. GA seems to have lost all capability of telling an original SL so they take another shows one on the same networks?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if Derek saw Addison and Mark cheating that's why he moved to Seattle or what?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Explains why he was in seattle.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I wonder if Derek saw Addison and Mark cheating that's why he moved to Seattle or what?
I was actually expecting Derek to mention that or something about it.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

The lack of backstory on the AU characters was a bit frustrating. I mean, I don't mind a little ambiguity and I know there's a lot of similarity to what actually happened, but still.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)
The lack of backstory on the AU characters was a bit frustrating. I mean, I don't mind a little ambiguity and I know there's a lot of similarity to what actually happened, but still.
Yep like were Addison and Derek just miserable or did they move from NY to Seattle or was Mark even there. There was backstory mentioned with Cristina and Bruke though but still that was weak
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah i still don't see how Lexie from losing her parents made her a drug addict
Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep like were Addison and Derek just miserable or did they move from NY to Seattle or was Mark even there. There was backstory mentioned with Cristina and Bruke though but still that was weak
And Izzie being kicked out after the transplant incident with Denny and George leaving after he failed the intern exams. Fair enough that there were mentions, but, like you said, it was just seemed very half-assed. The whole episode was, really.

I still quite liked some of the parallels (for what they were) and songs, though. And I liked the AU Cristina/Meredith scenes.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Actually he came out with a towel on, to show the audience that Addison had sex with Mark. Were as in the AU she didn't have sex with him,
I never said they had sex. And yeah, Mark had a towel. He had no shirt on, hence he was shirtless too...

I think the George and Izzie mentions made sense. The Fab5 weren't there so they didn't help Izzie or George. And Ellis wouldn't have let them come back. Why Burke left they didn't explain very well.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

I never said you said he was in a towel.

Last edited by JaSam4Life; 02-06-2012 at 09:31 PM
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never said you did
Old 03-09-2017, 05:24 PM
New Fan

Best episode ever.
A Maddison baby! They are my favorite pairing ever and I wish the show showed more of their life and baby, without only showing him shirtless.
Meredith Webber? LOL, I love it.
Callie and Owen(Callowen) make no sense at all and they were never a pairing plus their family is just boring.
April/Alex, one word. EWWW!
In the extended DVD, Cristina is having an affair with Jackson which I love because they actually make lots of sense and are now one of my favorite pairings.
(The list:
1) Maddison
2)Tenry
3) Burktina
4)MerDer
5)Crackson
6)Calzona
6)Dizzie
7)Gizzie
8)April/Owen)
The epsode is like Seasons 2,3,6 combined.
I don't like the season 2 part because Addek is the worst pairing ever and why would Addison still want to be with an ass like Derek because he treated her horribly in Season 2 and he still does from the looks of it in this episode??
(The worst pairings:
1)Addek
2)Mallie
3)Lexzie
4)Addisex
5)Slexie)
I'm like really confused because did she get pregnant by Mark before this or there was never any abortion?
I'm also guessing Derek didn't know about them before this according to an article I found:
Derek Shepherd is very sad and miserable and still married to Addison, never had a relationship with Meredith; his nickname is McDreary instead of McDreamy, and he's professionally stuck, unwilling to teach, publish, or be creative. He is also known as Bad Shepherd and is unaware of Mark and Addison's affair until the end of the episode.

Meredith Grey is a lot happier, has 2 loving parents, Richard and Ellis, adopted the surname Webber, is engaged to Alex, and hates Cristina as she follows cardiothoracic surgery, too. It is shown that she was very selective with the interns she was kind to, and may have been more of a teacher's pet as seen when she told her mother that Izzie cut Denny's LVAD wires.

Cristina Yang has straight hair and is very bitter towards the others, except Owen and helps him with his PTSD. Also, since Meredith and Derek never were in a relationship, she was the only intern sleeping with an attending, which makes the others very cruel towards her. In the extended episode on the DVD, it's implied that she regularly has sex with Jackson, although they keep it a secret at the hospital.

Alex Karev has become a lot nicer person, wears glasses, and is the current chief resident and is most likely pursuing general surgery as he and Bailey work very closely together. He proposed to Meredith and is very optimistic. He also had an affair with April Kepner - Meredith's now best friend.

Ellis Grey does not have Alzheimer's, is together with Richard, and is a loving mother and also is the chief of surgery and chief of staff.

Richard Webber chose Ellis over Adele and became Meredith's father. His leadership traits were overshadowed by Ellis'.

As Ellis asked Bailey for an update on the general surgery department, it is likely Webber oversees another department and is not the general surgery head.

It's possible that Webber is the Residency Director, much like his canon-universe counterpart when Owen appointed him to the role.

Addison Forbes Montgomery is still with Derek, though is pregnant with Mark's baby, and still works at Seattle Grace Hospital as both neonatal and OB/GYN-maternal-fetal head. She is known as Good Shepherd among the residents.

Owen Hunt married Callie, had 3 children with her, and still shows anger management issues due to postraumatic stress.

Callie Torres married Owen instead of Arizona, chose cardiothoracic surgery instead of orthopedic surgery and apparently never faced her bisexual self.

The explanation given for Callie being a cardiothoracic surgeon instead of an orthopedic surgeon is that Ellis urged her to pursue a career in cardio. This is still plausible as Ellis would have been the chief at the time of Callie's match: if Callie initially still pursued an ortho residency, she still would have had to do a surgical internship under general surgery. Ellis could have had Callie transfer to the general surgery program after the latter's internship and recommended a cardio fellowship under Burke.

Another explanation is that Ellis would have allowed for a cardio residency after Callie's general surgical internship under Burke. A cardio residency would not be unprecedented as that is how Sam trained to became a cardio surgeon.

After Burke resigned, Callie took over as the department head for cardiothoracic surgery.

Arizona Robbins did not marry Callie and apparently barely knows her.

Miranda Bailey is still shy and has zero confidence in herself from not having Richard teach her. Alex is the one who reinforces her self-esteem every now and then. She also has her intern-year braids.

It is implied that Bailey is the Head of General Surgery as Ellis asked her an update on the former's department.

Lexie Grey is a drug addict with tattoos and never went into medical school. She stated that both Thatcher and Susan are dead. She knows about Meredith but has never met her.

Mark Sloan does not work at Seattle Grace.

April Kepner is Meredith's best friend, her person, and had a casual fling with Alex. Instead of focusing on neurosurgery or trauma surgery, April seems to be focused on OB/GYN and/or neonatal surgery.

Jackson Avery may not have followed plastic surgery as Mark doesn't work in the hospital. It is suggested he follows trauma surgery as a specialty. In the extended episode on the DVD, it's implied that he regularly has sex with Cristina, although they keep it a secret at the hospital.

Charles Percy was not shot and is alive and is in love with April.

So he didn't then how did they end up in Seattle? Even though as Maddison is my OTP, I'd like to think they'd always had an affair no matter what. I'd just wish they'd do another episode to explain it or something.