Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Oh, please. Don't even compare this to Slexie dying. Slexie's death was bittersweet and purposeful. At least they died together. There was no purpose to what happened last night, and nothing sweet about it.

This pretty much sums it all out:

In the interviews I read, Patrick didn't find out Derek was dying until February or March. This was Shonda's doing, not his. He still has his contract with ABC and is producing, so he didn't break his contract. He would have stayed through season 12 if Shonda allowed.

Episode was full of mockery of Derek, MerDer, and Patrick Dempsey. Obviously Patrick said something that set Shonda off, and this crap is the result. Killed in a Porsche, uh? Bad karma for Patrick Dempsey, the racecar driver who's sponsored by Porsche. Reminds me of when I was a teenager and someone made me mad, so I'd go home and write a character's death for revenge.

Grow up, Shonda.

I won't support her madness any longer.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderson (View Post)
My thing is where was life light? Also, the police/fire wouldn't have unsecured the scene without Derek being gone too. For Derek to be last one gone is insane and really, the phone gets reception at that moment.

It was like those horrible Final Destination movies. Oh you didn't die by that first horrible wreck, let's let a semi get you. Just horrific.

Then to have Derek know he's dying!????? How horrible can you be writing that. For us to have to watch him know it's too late, that he's gone. That at first he's had a stroke and knows at least he's not dead, oh but then the surgeon took forever and he is. I'm sure if that neuronsurgeon knew it was Derek he would have hauled butt. Ugh so many things wrong with this episode.

Oh then for us to see a scene where he's fine and Meredith is dreaming. Heartless. Put him in a coma till series end. Don't even need him back. Have Meredith get a call saying he's awake and asking for her. End of series. We are all happy.
^^^THIS!!!^^^

It's like Shonda was being intentionally CRUEL, imo!! SO PISSED OFF!!

I took the show off DVR. I wish I wouldn't have watched last night's episode. It was HORRIBLE!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

The best that can happen now is Meredith dying, and I can't believe I'm saying this.

Might as well pull a LOST and kill everyone in the series finale.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

It may be Shonda's doing but Patrick sparked it. He wanted out, he wanted to race and so Shonda gave him what he wanted. He obviously was not fulfilling the contract to Shonda's standard and this is what results. If you think it's callus and immature so be it, but she runs the show. I have no problems with this whatsoever. I don't think she will kill Meredith. Meredith is the sun and the show revolves around her...unless EP pisses her off too than that opens a whole other can of worms.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Seems to me that the cast was pretty mum with shout outs to PD, especially EP.

No "wonderful to work with such and amazing actor"....I was more floored by that then the actual episode since the writing was on the wall for several weeks that he was probably going to be killed off.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Realistically speaking, the show jumped shark when Slexie died in season 8. Instead of giving them a nice send off and saying they relocated, she ruined their entire story for the fans.

She did not learn and pulled the same trick in an even more astronomical level by doing it with Meredith and Derek. It is now clear no couple is set up for a happy ending, IMO.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

It's all one long inescapable nightmare.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

I'm not pissed that Patrick left/Derek died. I'm more pissed of how it happened. Pure mockery, and I can't believe some people are blind to that.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe I said goodbye to my favorite couple of 10 years. What a cruel joke. They got the worst ending they could get.

This is all BTS drama BS. From Patrick's EW interview his answers said it all, no matter what Shonda or other articles said. And if Patrick was okay to be written off, he even told her to not kill Derek for the fans, for the show. But nooooooo.. she gave him the most cruel ending. Why not left him in DC with Meredith mention him and they are off screen? Or even a coma.. than he can wake up. But I believe Shonda wanted him off the show for some reason.

I am so jealous of the Mark and Lexie ending, at least they are together in heaven. What is going to be Meredith's happy ending? She's alone. A widow and a single mother. Sure she can have a successful career but I don't buy it as her happy ending. She's not Cristina or Ellis. She wanted much more than that.

Icon: Nikki
Old 04-24-2015, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

I seriously want Meredith to drive off a cliff with her kids. Call me cruel, but it'd be a happy ending at least.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I'm not pissed that Patrick left/Derek died. I'm more pissed of how it happened. Pure mockery, and I can't believe some people are blind to that.
the thousands of 'subtle' hints ever since he got back... the reference to the season finale 4 voice over, the reference to the season 5 finale voiceover, the reference to Meredith's nightmare at the beginning of season 5. Amelia's foreshadowing speech on the night he actually died. It's all a little bit too much, the reference to coming up for fresh air, all of that. It was so over the top (even for a corny character like Derek).
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

The worst ending is Meredith moving on with anyone else. The best thing that can happen is she gets Alzheimer's and we see her die in the finale. It would be a disaser if she starts over with someone else.
Quote:
Exactly. I am surprised Shonda wrote it. It was so terribly done. The entire circumstances made a fool out of Derek. He had a functional car, and he stood around waiting for someone to help him. She mocked the character by giving him a crappy one episode, and then the next one is a flashforward, so we do not even see the aftermath. An astonishingly bad send off. It was a complete disrespect and it is obvious Shonda was upset with Patrick by the horrible execution.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Exactly. I am surprised Shonda wrote it. It was so terribly done. The entire circumstances made a fool out of Derek. He had a functional car, and he stood around waiting for someone to help him. She mocked the character by giving him a crappy one episode, and then the next one is a flashforward, so we do not even see the aftermath. An astonishingly bad send off. It was a complete disrespect and it is obvious Shonda was upset with Patrick by the horrible execution.
It showed so much. I am so disgusted.

Icon: Nikki
Old 04-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This was the shock factor for me. It was clear to me all season Patrick no longer wanted to be on the show. I knew he would not be there for season 12, I assumed long ago that he would either die or be in a coma. The way in which he died was shocking. How Meredith pulled the plug so easily. I expected more drama. But I assume they just did not want to make it anymore dramatic than it was. There's something there because as Tracy said, there were no tweets out thanking PD, the only tweets I saw were tweets out to the FANS asking if WE are okay, no shout outs to PD, the person who they co-stared with.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

I was crying like a baby

WTF Shonda???? Why kill off a main character like that??? He didn't have service the whole time he helped save those people, but the minute he gets in the car you have his phone ring????? She really did a disservice to her show b/c she is going to lose A LOT of viewers. I'm sorry, but nobody gives a crap about Jo, Stephanie, or the other new people you are trying to jam down our throats. We, the viewing audience, love Derek, Meredith, Cristina, Sloan, etc..

I can see Patrick wanting to go out on a high note before the show really tanks, but why kill him in that fashion???