Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Not a good sign..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the bus scenes

I also like that Ruzek is more of a action man, he has guts same with ErinLindsey

Looks like we see abit more of Erin's past as Jay came across her file

Still not feeling the Jay/Erin thing, which is what the show is obviously setting up

I like the partnership of Ruzek and Olinsky lol

Last edited by HazelEyes008; 01-16-2014 at 11:07 AM
Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Not a good sign..
unfortunately it dropped way more than I expected, still the same happened last year with the first episodes of chicago fire... or so I've heard, I heard positive things about last night's episode...I think the show just needs time to grow and at least it didn't have a drop of epic proportion like intelligence had a couple of days ago.

"It feels damn good, at 31, to finally feel so comfortable in my skin!" - Sophia Bush
I'm Roby avie by me
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the episode, it was even better than the pilot. I liked learning a bit more about Erin and her past. The scenes on the bus were really good, I'm glad they were able to get Diego back safely .
Old 01-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed the second episode, it was intense and action packed.

I'm not sure that signs are pointing to an Erin/Jay romance like a lot of people seem to think. I think they're just trying to figure each other out as partners. Erin is definetly getting writing of all characters so far. I'm excited to learn about her past and how Voight saved her. She seems so calm and in control now that I can't imagine her ever being in a place where she was getting arrested, doing drugs and soliciting herself.

I'm getting the impression that Ruzek is lying to his fiance for more reasons then not wanting to worry her. I moreso get the impression that he's just not that into her. Loving the budding friendship between him and Olinksy. I had a feeling from the start of the episode that he was going to get ahead of himself and ruin some part of the search for Diego but I'm glad that he redeemed himself at the end.

Burgess and Atwater need more to do. They're two likeable characters but the sideline plot with the car just seemed stupid in light of everything else that was going on. I suppose we're only on the second episode so I'll be patient and wait.

Jon Seda did amazing tonight. He absolutely sold Antonio's desperation and fear. Not digging the wife so far. She's not a great actress. Always nice to see Gabby pop up and at least she managed to do so without taking away much attention to what was going on.

Voight rocks. I had huge doubts about him carrying the show but I was wrong. He is brilliant. I love how cool he always plays it with all suspects and thugs. Like they amuse him. I'm hoping we get to learn more about his son in prison as the season progresses and about his relationship with Lindsay. Love how protective he is of her. Often that could come off as seedy but I think their relationship especially his fondness comes off as very genuine.

Two nitpicks:

Very immature of me but everytime they said Puipo's name I kept thinking they were saying Poo Poo.

Next week looks good but they need to calm down on the Fire Centric crossovers. I know Lindsay is guesting in Fire next week and obviously her storyline with Severide will continue into P.D but it's going to get old fast. I can see viewers getting sick of both shows if they keep this up.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I fell asleep through some of it.
What? I was nervous the whole time.

The bus scenes were intense. Loved all of it.

Very good episode for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I really enjoyed the second episode, it was intense and action packed.

I'm not sure that signs are pointing to an Erin/Jay romance like a lot of people seem to think. I think they're just trying to figure each other out as partners. Erin is definetly getting writing of all characters so far. I'm excited to learn about her past and how Voight saved her. She seems so calm and in control now that I can't imagine her ever being in a place where she was getting arrested, doing drugs and soliciting herself.

I'm getting the impression that Ruzek is lying to his fiance for more reasons then not wanting to worry her. I moreso get the impression that he's just not that into her. Loving the budding friendship between him and Olinksy. I had a feeling from the start of the episode that he was going to get ahead of himself and ruin some part of the search for Diego but I'm glad that he redeemed himself at the end.

Burgess and Atwater need more to do. They're two likeable characters but the sideline plot with the car just seemed stupid in light of everything else that was going on. I suppose we're only on the second episode so I'll be patient and wait.

Jon Seda did amazing tonight. He absolutely sold Antonio's desperation and fear. Not digging the wife so far. She's not a great actress. Always nice to see Gabby pop up and at least she managed to do so without taking away much attention to what was going on.

Voight rocks. I had huge doubts about him carrying the show but I was wrong. He is brilliant. I love how cool he always plays it with all suspects and thugs. Like they amuse him. I'm hoping we get to learn more about his son in prison as the season progresses and about his relationship with Lindsay. Love how protective he is of her. Often that could come off as seedy but I think their relationship especially his fondness comes off as very genuine.

Two nitpicks:

Very immature of me but everytime they said Puipo's name I kept thinking they were saying Poo Poo.

Next week looks good but they need to calm down on the Fire Centric crossovers. I know Lindsay is guesting in Fire next week and obviously her storyline with Severide will continue into P.D but it's going to get old fast. I can see viewers getting sick of both shows if they keep this up.
I think they kinda wanted to hint about a possible romance during the pilot but I didn't get the same vibe from this last episode, you are absolutely right, it looked way more like a genuine "partners" relationship.

About Rusek..he is def one of my fav, him and Olinsky are a great pair, they are extremely funny and I hope they'll give them more screentime...I am probably the only one but I gotta say that I think erin/adam would be a much better suited couple than erin/jay, they are very much alike

I also have to agree about the fact that the actress who plays antonio's wife is not a very good actress it's just weird watching them together
jon seda did a great job last night, the emotions on his face when he got diego back were perfect.

Voight...I just love him so much, I like that he keeps on staying in that "grey" area all the time, and he has a lot of charisma, I love the actor. And I love his interactions with Lindsay, there's a lot of chemistry between sophia and jason beghe I love the father/daughter relationship they have, he is very protective of her, that's sweet. Can't wait to find out more about them.

Burgess and Atwater... I like the actress who plays burgess she was really fun during the pilot, so I hope to find out more about her, Atwater didn't really have much screentime so I still don't really have an opinion about him.

I have never watched chicago fire but it was cool to see Antonio's sister making an appearance and supporting him, it makes sense, and I can't wait for some erin/severide scenes, they look pretty hot together

"It feels damn good, at 31, to finally feel so comfortable in my skin!" - Sophia Bush
I'm Roby avie by me
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they kinda wanted to hint about a possible romance during the pilot but I didn't get the same vibe from this last episode, you are absolutely right, it looked way more like a genuine "partners" relationship
That's what I'm thinking. In the pilot I sort of got the impression that Jay might have a bit of a crush on Erin because she's hot and mysterious but that was it. I didn't get the same vibe from Erin. I think the promos are hinting at there being more meaning then there is.

Quote:
About Rusek..he is def one of my fav, him and Olinsky are a great pair, they are extremely funny and I hope they'll give them more screentime...I am probably the only one but I gotta say that I think erin/adam would be a much better suited couple than erin/jay, they are very much alike
I think the same about Rusek. He's possibly overtaken Burgess as my favourite on account of her having nothing to do . I'm not sure about him and Erin yet as they've not had many scenes. I'm not sure who I ship Erin with to be honest. Only time will tell I guess.

I'm guessing Burgess, Halstead, Lindsay and Ruzek will all pair off at some point, be it this season or the next (fingers crossed for S2). I'm just wondering who will pair with who

Quote:
Voight...I just love him so much, I like that he keeps on staying in that "grey" area all the time, and he has a lot of charisma, I love the actor. And I love his interactions with Lindsay, there's a lot of chemistry between sophia and jason beghe I love the father/daughter relationship they have, he is very protective of her, that's sweet. Can't wait to find out more about them.
I think that there may be my favourite Erin ship... in a non skeevy way obviously

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode!

Love that we got to know more about Erin's past!

Can't wait for next week already!

Diana
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie85 (View Post)

This is what i think too
Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

Erin is the type of chick that I could buy all the dudes developing a crush on her. I'm just not sure who I buy her with yet. Also I don't know of the show will be that quick to mess up the Halstead/Lindsay partnership.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they'll stick to be partners, at least for now. I doubt they are going to rush it considering
Spoiler:

I'm Roby avie by me
Old 01-17-2014, 04:30 PM
MST Manager

Glad to read the positive comments about the show.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

I definetly don't see them rushing it. I reckon they'll mix and match most of the characters and see what works and where the chemistry is.. at least for the first six episodes or so anyway.

My Tumblr
My Twitter