Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Nope just the dvd with the movie, but I'll soon have this box cause I'll order it in the next days
You're going to buy both Jess?! Maniac.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
You're going to buy both Jess?! Maniac.
Sure, I have the wrong one so I need the alternate end with the bio. part
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want that one as well.. I seriously need to update my paypal.. I just keep forgetting it.. Then I can buy Moon Dance (Em & Me) as well

Wouldn't it be funny that if we, in a few weeks, would get a 2nd thread for this movie discussion

Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBender (View Post)
Sure, I have the wrong one so I need the alternate end with the bio. part
You can´t say the one box is the wrong box. That´s not very nice

She´s a maniac, maniac on the floor ... And she's dancing like she never danced before

Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
She´s a maniac, maniac on the floor ... And she's dancing like she never danced before

Quote:
You can´t say the one box is the wrong box. That´s not very nice
I can do everything I want. I have the power I really need the alternate endling.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay I'm somewhat confused here, because everyone is saying that Morris dies in the movie and the supposed alternate ending is one where he lives. I just netflixed it the other day, and the alternate ending clearly had him dying (his heart stopped beating and the machine did that annoying long beepy sound; then julie and the sister were hugged by the dad). Then it goes to the convention center and she runs up the stairs but there is no Morris

In the non-alternate ending, that just came automatically while watching the movie, after the scene in the hospital (no heart stopping) it said "6 months later" and we went back to the convention center place where Julie worked and Morris showed up at the top of the stairs and Julie ran up them to get to him. Now, from this occurring I inferred that he had in fact survived. Was this the "alternate ending" that everyone is referring to? Because I don't think he dies here. If he did, and if I were the director, I would've had Julie think she sees him and do her thing, only when she gets to the top of the stairs, Morris would be gone. But since he was there, you get the feeling that he lived.

In my opinion overall, the alternate ending I saw (where he dies in the hospital) was completely awful. I also didn't like the original ending I saw (where he lived). The whole movie, I thought he was going to die, it just had this depressive feeling to it. When he survived with that extremely corny ending, ugh. I mean, of course I was happy that his hotness got to live on, but in from a more legitimate and less shallow point of view, I think it would've been better for him to die. I would've combined the two endings, so the viewer would not know he died until they see that Julie was just imagining him at the convention center. I thought the death scene in the hospital was so poorly done.

Anyway, I would appreciate clarity on the whole alternate endings thing.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Okay I'm somewhat confused here, because everyone is saying that Morris dies in the movie and the supposed alternate ending is one where he lives. I just netflixed it the other day, and the alternate ending clearly had him dying (his heart stopped beating and the machine did that annoying long beepy sound; then julie and the sister were hugged by the dad). Then it goes to the convention center and she runs up the stairs but there is no Morris
That's the part from the movie, that's not the alternative ending.

Quote:
In the non-alternate ending, that just came automatically while watching the movie, after the scene in the hospital (no heart stopping) it said "6 months later" and we went back to the convention center place where Julie worked and Morris showed up at the top of the stairs and Julie ran up them to get to him. Now, from this occurring I inferred that he had in fact survived. Was this the "alternate ending" that everyone is referring to? Because I don't think he dies here. If he did, and if I were the director, I would've had Julie think she sees him and do her thing, only when she gets to the top of the stairs, Morris would be gone. But since he was there, you get the feeling that he lived.
I've heard that sometimes they air the version with the alternative ending on TV, where he doesn't die. The original movie though is where he dies.

I thought the 'death' scene was done nicely actually. Can't put an opinion on the alternative ending, because I've never seen it..

Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I asked the ebay seller with the dvd ( with altrnative ending) about shipping costs. 12 $ That dvd will be expensive...
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's not that expensive right.. well depends on how much you already have to buy for the dvd, apart from shipping expenses.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
It's not that expensive right.. well depends on how much you already have to buy for the dvd, apart from shipping expenses.
The shipping cost for Midsummer Nights Rave were just 7 or 9$ and the DVD was much cheaper as the Swimming upstream one
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

then this one is a bit more expensive yes

how long does it take for a DVD to arrive btw?

that's also a regio 1 dvd btw.. does that play here?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
that's also a regio 1 dvd btw.. does that play here?
No Regio 1 is USA and Canada. I have a international DVD player so for me that's not a problem.

Quote:
how long does it take for a DVD to arrive btw?
Depends on the seller. Midsummer Nights Rave (USA) 10 days, Swimming Upstreams ( austrialia) 6 days
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if I have an international DVD player..

Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
I don't know if I have an international DVD player..
You can have a amercian dvd player or a regio free player that can play all regio dvd's. Both are expensive and are 'sepcial' I bought mine on the internet, didn't find a dvd player here.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I've heard that sometimes they air the version with the alternative ending on TV, where he doesn't die. The original movie though is where he dies.
Yeah the DVD version with the alternate ending that everyone is talking about on here actually shows the original movie with the "alternate ending" (so in the original movie on dvd Morris lives). Not really sure why they do that if the true ending was meant for him to die.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread