Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2014, 03:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No, seriously

Every episode with Veronica and Owen gets a vote down from me, because I can't stand them. And their misdoings (hitting the child, Owen's partner, etc) weren't that interesting (although I have to say that Owen leaving without a word was maybe the first time ever that this character moved me).

As predicted, Alicia's campaign was almost the only focus of the episode: interesting revelation at the end that Bishop is behind the funding site (could be a way of laundering money? I don't really understand these things), so he found a way to tie Alicia to his interests even if she's not her lawyer anymore.

I don't even know why they mentioned the Peter/Kalinda thing again, it's better if I don't remember it, it was so stupid

But speaking of Peter, great Chris North moments in this episode I usually enjoy his scenes, and his bantering with Eli is often played for laughs (Alan Cumming really is starting to feel almost like comic relief) but is generally enjoyable.

As for Cary: nothing much to say (and I was expecting it), except that I'm a bit scared for him, the way Bishop looked at him is not good.

This storyline will surely take central stage again in the following episodes

EDIT:
Side note: Connie Nielsen! I'm so glad to finally see her I hope her role will not be another "is Peter sleeping with her TOO??" kind

Last edited by Moloch981; 10-13-2014 at 03:29 AM
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Not my cup of tea. I know that show is about Alicia but I still prefer more "coral" episodes over episodes focused solely on her, especially when those episodes bring her brother and mother. And I'm not convinced about that campaign storyline. I mean the political aspect of that show is not my favourite part and they already had an entire episode focused on it, leaving completely out the firm and the court. I hope it was just one episode and that they'll find a way to balance everything better than this.

Quote:
I don't even know why they mentioned the Peter/Kalinda thing again, it's better if I don't remember it, it was so stupid
Kalinda and Alicia as friends are completely DOA. I don't even remember the time they were close. But do you want to know a thing? I don't think Alicia is best friend material. She's not "genetically built to be a friend". So that friendship couldn't work anyway.

Quote:
As for Cary: nothing much to say (and I was expecting it), except that I'm a bit scared for him, the way Bishop looked at him is not good.

This storyline will surely take central stage again in the following episodes
I hope so. Bishop is charmingly scary.

Interesting tweet by writers about Kalinda
Quote:
Kalinda doesn't answer until Cary is brought up in the questioning. #TheGoodWife
Wondering what exactly they meant.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
And I'm not convinced about that campaign storyline.
You know what? The campaign storyline doesn't "feel" convincing maybe on purpose. In the episode Alicia was asked many times "Why are you running?", and every time, if I remember correctly, she brushes off the question or is not able to give a convincing answer. The new character, Steven Pasquale, even said so to her.
I'm starting to wonder if all these doubts are maybe foreshadowing that she will run but she's going to lose because she won't be able to really put her heart into it.

Quote:
Kalinda and Alicia as friends are completely DOA. I don't even remember the time they were close. But do you want to know a thing? I don't think Alicia is best friend material. She's not "genetically built to be a friend". So that friendship couldn't work anyway.
Oh, this. We've seen them friends for one season and a half and now it's like that was the single most important relationship in their lives. Frankly, problems on set, Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi hating each other, the writers rethinking about the friendship.... I don't care.
Every time there were complaints about the lack of Cary, we were told the show it's about Alicia. So, guess what? the show is not about Kalinda (and her fantastic friendship with Alicia) either. Deal with it.

EDIT:
Eh, that tweet is interesting, if only because the writers themselves want the audience to focus on that pairing

Last edited by Moloch981; 10-13-2014 at 04:30 AM
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You know what? The campaign storyline doesn't "feel" convincing maybe on purpose. In the episode Alicia was asked many times "Why are you running?", and every time, if I remember correctly, she brushes off the question or is not able to give a convincing answer. The new character, Steven Pasquale, even said so to her.
I'm starting to wonder if all these doubts are maybe foreshadowing that she will run but she's going to lose because she won't be able to really put her heart into it.
Yeah, an entire season about the campaign and than she'll end up losing. Ironic. It would be a first time for her. She always win

Quote:
Oh, this. We've seen them friends for one season and a half and now it's like that was the single most important relationship in their lives. Frankly, problems on set, Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi hating each other, the writers rethinking about the friendship.... I don't care.
Every time there were complaints about the lack of Cary, we were told the show it's about Alicia. So, guess what? the show is not about Kalinda (and her fantastic friendship with Alicia) either. Deal with it.
I think those supposed Kalinda fans would be more concerned about her getting a storyline. It doesn't matter if it involves Alicia, because as long as it gives her something interesting to do they should be happy. And I think she's getting more interesting things to do that season than the previous ones and I'm sure that Bishop plot will continue and will involve her.

Quote:
Eh, that tweet is interesting, if only because the writers themselves want the audience to focus on that pairing
I think the bottom line about Cary and Kalinda that season is that she finally was able to prove she really cares about him. Another interesting development for Kalinda.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I just got done watching the episode. It was okay over all, it was about what I expected to be honest. I knew it would be focused on Alicia running for States Attorney and figured there would be very little of Cary. Will post more of my thoughts later, distracted right now.

Last edited by Mo Nighean Donn; 10-13-2014 at 09:54 AM
Mo Nighean Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I am so glad we didn't get much with Cary, otherwise I would go crazy
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bestia negra (View Post)
I am so glad we didn't get much with Cary, otherwise I would go crazy
Yeah. Hope we can watch it soon.