Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by even angels fall (View Post)
I liked the Glee Dude and our favorite judge. But I just have a really hard time connecting with the character of Will, and with it being really Will centered right now it's not easy for me
Same problem. Right now Will and Eli (yes, I know that everyone loves him but this year I found his storyline pointless) are my least favourite characters. It's not that I dislike them I simply don't care so much about them. And now it seems that everything is about Wil....I hope that now writers will start to concentrate on other characters.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
that's all I have to say, besides not being really impressed by it
I think we were expecting more...I know I was!

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry you all feel that way. I don't know what else to say because I pretty much love everybody so no matter who's getting the focus I'm gonna like it. But I've been there with other shows at times. Usually the focus shifts or you find something else to focus on. I hope that happens for all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Blondes (View Post)
Understandable I actually like Will so that makes it easier for me personally. I just can't imagine how the firm is gonna work without him though, makes me even more scared for rest of the season.
It's going to be very strange for sure.

Icon credit to Jess
meggie525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Interesting point Megan...I enjoyed it too, but because I don't just watch it for Matt...I was just expecting more or different than what we got.

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I actually like that we have differences of opinion in here. As weird as that sounds, would be boring if we all just agreed IMO. I know we all want the same thing in the end though which makes me feel better, a actual storyline for Cary.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm ok with everyone getting the focus even if they're not my favourite. I'm less ok when the focus stays on the same characters for too long leaving the other ones in shadows. I don't think it's a good thing when you left characters (Cary for istance) and storylines (Cary and Kalinda for istance) on standby for so long because it could happen that when you try to resume them it doesn't work anymore.
And I'm totally not ok with what they have done with Cary.

Last edited by *Ty*; 02-21-2012 at 10:35 AM
*Ty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ty* (View Post)
Same problem. Right now Will and Eli (yes, I know that everyone loves him but this year I found his storyline pointless) are my least favourite characters. It's not that I dislike them I simply don't care so much about them. And now it seems that everything is about Wil....I hope that now writers will start to concentrate on other characters.
I think it was a mistake to make Alan an regular even after the campaign ended. I mean i still enjoy most of his storylines but it pretty much never involves the rest of the cast only guest stars that are only their for his role. ANd Kalinda can'T hang with him all the time either
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Unsung Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think it was a mistake to make Alan an regular even after the campaign ended. I mean i still enjoy most of his storylines but it pretty much never involves the rest of the cast only guest stars that are only their for his role. ANd Kalinda can'T hang with him all the time either
I agree. Eli was perfect as recurring character because they included him where he perfectly fitted. And it was a mistake also because to focus on those Eli storylines they had to cut other character's storylines which could have been way more integral. Last week Stacie Hall. This week also his wife....I simply don't care if it means they have to cut out other more interesting plots.

Quote:
Question: Why does The Good Wife's Eli Gold appear to be on an entirely different show? And why does it take up a third of every damn episode? I'm still liking this season a whole lot, but his storylines often seem more diversion than integral. I'd suggest a spin-off (CBS certainly loves franchises), but I'm sure he'll be important again whenever Peter runs for office. — Dennis

Matt Roush: I'm a fan of Alan Cumming, but have to agree the inability to integrate Eli more fully into the world of Lockhart Gardner — whoops, make that "Lockhart & Associates" for the time being — is one of the few weaknesses of The Good Wife this season. Some of the characters in his orbit, most notably Amy Sedaris as the mischievous Stacie Hall, are great fun, but I especially felt Eli to be a distraction this week when the main stories were so strong, especially the pivotal situation involving Will's legal future. I can see why the producers feared losing access to Cumming if they didn't make him a regular, but Eli feels more like a recurring character — one of many (most of whom are similarly terrific) — who is being shoehorned into a show where he's not always a great fit.
Ask Matt: Cougar Town, House, Downton Abbey, CSI: NY, New Girl, Big Bang Theory, Matt - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I love Eli, and am a big fan of Alan's, but I have to agree, his storyline, isn't really needed anymore. Eli has some wonderful comeback's and one liners that crack me up, but a lot of times I am looking at the screen and wondering what the point of him being there is. His story isn't a fit anymore, like Matt said (thanks for bringing that over Ty). He is a distraction, and it doesn't flow with the Will story at all.

That is hard for me to say, cause I do love Eli, but, when the storyline doesn't fit, that makes a difference.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah. I love Eli, too, but I think he's much better when he's doing straight-up campaign stuff (like the stuff with his ex-wife I've been loving--they are great together). It's the other stuff that's been a little meh for me, too.

Icon credit to Jess
meggie525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

I'm thinking they want Alan for season 4...so they keep him for season 3 in pointless comic relief roles?!

Reply   Post New Thread