Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You can edit out the quote if you want. It doesn't really need to be there. If anyone wants to read what they're saying, it's at TWoP-->OC-->YC--> Mischa Barton.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

#1, I really doubt Mischa cares if we're pissed, lol. She knows about the Save Marissa campaign and if she does she probably knows about the threats to stop watching that go along with it; she thanked her fans for caring. #2, I love Mischa but I do not need her blessing to be pissed off.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And doesn't anyone know how to place themselves in someone else's shoes? If you were Mischa, how would YOU feel? Would you really care about the fans who hated you, wished your character was dead, and didn't care that you were fired? Because I sure as hell wouldn't care if the show was cancelled on their asses. I'm a bitter human being, folks. I laugh at those people. It's called human nature. LOL.

Also, I want to marry this person.

Quote:
It's just my opinion, but I find that Taylor is on the verge of becoming nothing more than someone to compare Marissa and Ryan's other girlfriends to. Everywhere I go, all I keep hearing is "She is so much better than so and so" and "She is less selfish than so and so". Also, each week, the writers have her do something that will obviously have people squeeling and going on and on about how perfect she is.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG. I love this person. Whoever you are you ROCK. Taylor is the new Sadie.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just had to posted after hearing the great news about the cancellation of the OC.I watch the first few eppys of S4 but lately I can't stand to watch it and I can't believe Ryan is dating Taylor (puke). The show was amazing in the beginning of s1(sigh) if only it could stay that way.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really was a one season wonder. It'll be remembered for Season 1. That's about it.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Pacey and Andie are LOVE!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

See even though andie left. They brought her back (in extension version) and she had a tiny part but she WAS in the finale Damn it.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Josh is seriously the only show creator who would do this.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think it's time for a refresher, as every single person who reads this thread and decides to post about it on other boards clearly gets every single thing they read within it wrong.

1. Mischa is not hurting for work since leaving The OC.

She has filmed two movies. She's signed on for two more. Her independent film she'd already filmed has done very well considering its extremely limited budget and she got praise for her role. Considering 90% of actors are out of work, they'd KILL for this.

2. We are not wishing ill on fellow cast members.

Peter, Rachel, Kelly, and Brody have all expressed the opinion that they believe the show has gone on long enough. Something, I might add, Mischa never did while on the show. I think the majority of the cast wants it to end as much as anyone; if they don't, that's the impression they've given off.

3. I do not think Mischa's departure is the ONLY reason the ratings dropped.

They're in a very hard time slot. Clearly their ratings are going to drop. But they CRASHED AND BURNED, to the point where OTH tied it or beat it a couple times. They have also not risen significantly in either the night it got switched (and don't give me not promotion; I saw Bones the previous hour and it was OVER promoted if anything, and retained about 43% of the audience when generally a show would need to retain around 80% of the Bones audience to survive) or in the nights GA has been a rerun. Would ratings be lower regardless? Certainly. Would they be THIS low? I don't think so, and from news outlets it seems experts agree with us. See the first page.

4. We are absolutely interested in the rest of Mischa's career.

Clearly, only this thread is read, which is fine but if people took one look at the rest of this board, they'd see how we obsess over every bit of movie news. Hell, I drove to another city to investigate her filming a movie there. We don't want Mischa stuck in The OC image forever. You know how that'll fade faster? When the show is OVER.

5. I have other reasons for being glad this 'experiment' failed.

I can't count the number of times I've said this, but I frequently like the characters that are not online adored and even when I don't, I see their worth to their shows. I don't want this to EVER HAPPEN AGAIN. I don't want to lose Meredith because TWoP doesn't like her, or Peyton. I don't want people who love Lost's Kate to lose her, or Smallville's Lana (never watched that show). I don't want it to seem like the opinions of a select few count for the whole. I want other show creators to see this as something that FAILED, that's not worth it, that means online viewers aren't everything. Listening to TWoP about a show that by virtue of the message board's rules is going to exclude their key demographic is INSANE to me, and hopefully other show creators will now see the same thing. That's what I wanted. I wanted this to fail so it never happens again.

6. I don't need Mischa's permission to be bitter.

My favorite TV character of all time is dead. I will never get anything for three years of watching her. The people whining about happy endings for their faves should think about what we got for two seconds; a sloppy death on the side of the road along with an insulting 'she was destined for tragedy' tagline. My favorite actress got let go, with NO respect from the show creator in the press (let's not pretend grudgingly admitting she wasn't an unprofessional brat is respect; he didn't so much as praise her for the final scene or show up while she was filming it. That's all she got for three years of hard work. Absolutely nothing). I don't need ANYONE'S permission to be bitter, even Mischa.

7. I did know who Mischa was and care before this show.

I can only speak for myself, but I became a fan of hers on Once and Again, not The OC. I started watching The OC BECAUSE she was on it. I didn't start loving her because she was on The OC. And I am not alone. She had fans going into this, which is more than can be said for some completely unknown actors. She does not owe this show as much as some of the others, she'd been steadily working for more than half her life. She'd never gone even six months without a job. Look at her IMDB page.

And in closing, let's say it again.

If you gave me a car, and then ran me over with that car, I would not still be grateful you gave me the car.

I don't have to be fine with the end because of the beginning. Neither does Mischa, although she may be.

Thank you. Goodnight. The end.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WORD, Liz. Thank you. Seriously, you should post that everywhere. I'm so tired of the misconceptions.

To add,

1. Mischa has been doing more than the entire younger cast, as of now. She's not suffering. Nor does she need The OC. Frankly, some of the cast DOES need the show.

2. The majority of the main cast has expressed that they want the show to end and that they want to move on. I doubt they are losing any sleep or bitching out Fox. I'd bet money they're celebrating the fact that they're free to do other projects.

3. The ratings would NOT be this low. The OC hasn't been in competition with GA for WEEKS now. If people wanted to watch The OC, they would. And ignoring that Mischa has a sizeable fanbase is just downright stupid. There's a reason why they put her face on products and clothing lines. Think about it.

4. Feb 22, anyone?

5. The fact that the message boards and the online voices are being deemed as some kind of gospel to the direction of a show is SCARY. They are NOT the entire audience. They make up very little of who is actually watching the show.

6. It makes me laugh when everyone is like, "OMGZ, I WANT THEM ALL TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING." Guess what? We didn't get one. I, personally, can't even watch past seasons. The ENTIRE show was ruined for us. Have some empathy.

7. I knew of Mischa BEFORE The OC. Can't say that about a lot of the other cast members, namely Ben, Rachel, and Kelly.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Can I tack on a new bitch?

Why does everyone think Marissa monopolized the screentime in S3? I watched all the episodes and I don't think that is the case. I just think that Marissa was the only one doing ANYTHING last season and that's all people remember. All I know is I have to fast forward a lot through S3 to GET to the Marissa scenes. Just because the other dumbass characters were off smoking pot or doing corrupt business deals or ****ing Sadie doesn't mean Marissa got all the screentime. A more worthwile story? Yes. More screentime? No.

Hell, she had like two scenes in "The Dawn Patrol" and that's all I really remember about that episode.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All anyone remembers is Marissa/Johnny.

Also, this is a fun TVGuide podcast. Listen to the first few minutes. Although Ausiello is defending the show/Taylor/Ryan/Taylor, there's this one dude who like, needs to marry me. He says the show is terrible, Ryan/Taylor fall flat, Taylor doesn't deserve this place on the show, she's too over the top, and she doesn't deserve to be the one Ryan ends up with. LOVE.

Podcasts | TVGuide.com
Old 01-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

"I feel that she doesn't deserve this place in the cast."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thank you. Marry Jess!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Word on everyone says........

ug is this show over... hmm yes it is.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread