Old 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

She looks beautiful!

I have such a split mind about candids.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'm OKAY with one like that. She doesn't look particularly harassed and she's out in public. When they deliberately take shots to make people look bad- like at ridiculous angles- or take pictures of young children or take stalkery pictures of someone on a property, that's creepy as hell. Or if they do something to her car like that did that one time.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I'm OKAY with one like that. She doesn't look particularly harassed and she's out in public. When they deliberately take shots to make people look bad- like at ridiculous angles- or take pictures of young children or take stalkery pictures of someone on a property, that's creepy as hell. Or if they do something to her car like that did that one time.
Me too. And I think that anyone like Mischa who chooses to place themselves in the public eye knows that they have to expect that once their career passes a certain point, they're going to be snapped while out and about. In a way, I think many of them look on candids as free publicity helping to keep their profile high, which is why so many of them go out of their way to get top designer outfits etc for just their everyday wear. And I know there's lots of fansites that have said they're not going to post any candids because they don't want to encourage the paps. But the truth is that's never going to stop them as paps make their money selling to the gossip sites and magazines, not fansites, and as long as they're willing to pay for pics of a certain celebrity, the paps are going to keep snapping them. Yes, sometimes their behavior does go beyond the limit, but the truth is that if you're out in public, unless the country where you are has strict privacy laws (such as France), you can't stop people taking your picture as you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Anyone like Mischa knows that, and accepts it as one of the prices they have to pay for the potentially huge rewards they get for entertaining us. I had a slight taste of that myself when I was working as a magician's assistant - OK, I didn't get papped in the street, but there were sometimes folks wanting post-show pictures or autographs. And there were also a few occasions when I got stopped in the street by people who'd seen the shows, so I know from experience that you have to accept a certain amount of intrusion as part of the job.

So my view of the whole question is this. If someone seems relaxed about the fact that someone else is taking their picture, even if it is a candid, I've no problem with that or with someone putting the picture on a fansite. After all, by doing that, they're helping raise the profile of the celebrity they love and bringing enjoyment to their fans - which, after all, is what the celebrity in question wants to do. But if they seem stressed about it, or the pictures are really intrusive (e.g. long telephoto shots of them at home or somewhere else you'd expect privacy) or deliberately framed/distorted to be deceptive about their weight or anything like that, then that's not OK and the picture has no place on any true fansite.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, if celebrities are by themselves or with other adults in public life, and they're in public/not being harassed/no deliberate lens screwing or anything like that, I'm not HUGELY sympathetic. At this point in particular, paparazzi has been around for a couple decades now. They chose a public life. But I'm uncomfortable with any pictures being taken of minors (celeb kids) if their parents don't consent, and I'm horrified that paparazzi do things like mess with their cars to get a certain shot- THAT should be harassment, and illegal.

But in that candid, Mischa looks fine, lol. Gorgeous, in fact. And the shot itself is innocuous.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I have the same general attitude about candids as you both to an extent. But I also feel there is difference between public places and being in public. For example, I'm not so bothered about photos at shops, clubs, entertainment venues etc. Because those are places where you expect to be seen. But if you're at your local grocery store, doctors office or pharmacy, those are still public places but you're not going there to be in public. And I don't think celebrities should be made to feel like everyone is entitled to have footage of their every move just because they make movies.

I'm sure Mischa didn't give a **** about it back when The OC was on, but then it all kinda turned on her. So I don't post them on my site cause I think I'm going to stop the paparazzi, I leave them out more as a show of respect for her wishes.

Even to this day, I would say 50% of the shots are harmless, but 50% of them are still of her looking annoyed, distressed and just generally bothered.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, no pictures should be taken at anyone's doctor's office, lol. That ain't right. That's private information, and should be respected as private no matter who you are. Grocery store...eh. I would never GO UP to a celebrity in there (which I could have in NYC a few times, lol, but it felt intrusive- they came there to get food, not talk to me about their guest starring role in Veronica Mars, you know?) and I find it silly, but probably not overtly harmful unless you're swarming them or harassing them.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

LIZ! Mischa and Laverne. Mischa and Laverne!!!!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I can't see it??? Is it my computer??
Old 07-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I can't see it either .
Old 07-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't see that one either, but hopefully you cal all see this one.

''Irrational Man'' premiere, NYC, Jul 15 '15

Holy lobes, Batman! She's had her ears re-pierced! And a cartilage piercing too!!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry, added the pics to m-b now. Should be visible.

And the rest:
MISCHA-B.COM GALLERY / The Mischa Barton Experience

Quote:
Holy lobes, Batman! She's had her ears re-pierced! And a cartilage piercing too!!
Yes!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Eeeeeeeeee!!! MISCHA AND LAVERNE!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I wonder if she's had her ears re-pierced for another role, or if she just fancied getting them done again?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

A new event?
Old 07-18-2015, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

Stunning shot from Interview magazine

Closed Thread   Post New Thread