Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Plus, they aren't cheap bastards like the AMC too.

I would love to see them more on screen together, since I can't remember the last time we got an scene of just too of them .

I found that interesting too, because I thought he would have clung to Kate an bit at least.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think Kevin is entirely to blame for his situation, because Jack and Rebecca were in denial at how bad things were between him and Randall, and how deep his resentment of Randall ran, and why he might be so angry. They should have paid more attention. But Kevin is almost not as blameless as some of his fangirls claim, lol. I think probably the two people who love him most in this world are Kate and Randall, and he's spent time pushing both of them away (especially Randall, but also seemingly Kate at some points).
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It also didn't help that both Jack and Rebecca both had their favourite kid and how Kevin felt on the outer in his own family at times.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

They did, and I think if they had gotten Kevin in therapy, that would have come out. I think Jack arguably was somewhat better at making an effort to have special moments with all three kids (although he let Kate get away with murder much more than the boys). It's such a gap to me, that Jack and Rebecca just would not accept that his resentment of Randall was totally out of control and beyond the norm, and therefore must be tied to SOMETHING.

But Kevin sort of created this angry wall, and it's definitely kept him from Randall, but also created some gaps even with Kate.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can’t find myself feeling sorry for Kevin. lmao but I do blame the parents for why Kevin feels the way he does.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
They did, and I think if they had gotten Kevin in therapy, that would have come out. I think Jack arguably was somewhat better at making an effort to have special moments with all three kids (although he let Kate get away with murder much more than the boys). It's such a gap to me, that Jack and Rebecca just would not accept that his resentment of Randall was totally out of control and beyond the norm, and therefore must be tied to SOMETHING.

But Kevin sort of created this angry wall, and it's definitely kept him from Randall, but also created some gaps even with Kate.
Jack definitely was the better parent in that regard out of the two, but it was still pretty obvious that he had an soft spot Kate and that showed an bit in what she got away with compared to the boys. I don't get why they didn't do anything about Kevin's resentment of Randall back then though.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
I can’t find myself feeling sorry for Kevin. lmao but I do blame the parents for why Kevin feels the way he does.
I feel like what the show hasn't done a good enough job of acknowledging, is that several times in S1 Kevin was overtly racist. Like, somehow he let his resentment of Randall spill over into black people in general. And he should own that, and the show should own that.

I feel the most sympathetic to little Kevin, lol. Teen Kevin sucks.

Also, everyone notice how cute my friend from grad school and her son are!

Bridget comes on at about 1:35.

ETA: haha, that's actually her in the screenshot!
Old 03-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The actor for Teen Kevin is pretty great at being an massive douche though lol
Old 03-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I mean, yes, lol, but I don't think he's as good as Teen Randall or Teen Kate. Overall, I'd consider him the weakest of all six younger Big Three actors (I won't compare them to the adults, that's not fair).
Old 03-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude ViolaDavis is the greatest actor on tv. She gave us another masterful scene on HTGAWM. Also side note they should’ve found a way to have Meredith in that crossover. lol like Meredith had a conference and she randomly bumps into Olivia or Annalise. lmao
Old 03-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I mean, yes, lol, but I don't think he's as good as Teen Randall or Teen Kate. Overall, I'd consider him the weakest of all six younger Big Three actors (I won't compare them to the adults, that's not fair).
Fair enough, he is still pretty decent though.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I would have LOVED to let Ellen, Viola, and Kerry all get a chance to work together. I remember when I was hoping the "President" Derek was talking to was Fitz.

Also, I'm super late (bad string of weekends) but Black Panther was amazinggggggggg. Best super hero movie in ages. Marvel was getting a little weak, but this and the latest Thor have really rejuvenated it.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still need to find someone to watch Black Panther with me haha.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It is SO worth it. I may even go see it again, which I haven't done in many years, lol. Of course, Wrinkle in Time comes out next weekend.

I honestly wasn't sure how much I was looking forward to the next Avengers- Age of Ultron was lame and Civil War was BETTER, but still ultimately just a bunch of them fighting each other in an airport, lol. But Thor: Ragnorak raised the stakes again, and Black Panther is just great even beyond the superhero realm.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMFG at what just happened on CNN.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread