Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

OT #357: Rest in peace, Alan Rickman:(

Barely halfway through the first month of January and we've already lost several public figures to cancer
Old 01-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Natalie Cole, Lemmy from Mottorhead, Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Rene all have died after the other. It's so bizarre to start a year off that morbid.

2016 needs to find it's chill.

Glenn Frey Dead: Eagles Guitarist Dies at 67 | Variety

Please let Do...You know what let me keep it cute. lol

Last edited by mjgchick; 01-18-2016 at 03:18 PM
Old 01-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life is my new favourite show

#randomannouncement
Old 01-19-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

David and Gillian have been trollinggggg on Twitter, lol.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That Suicide Squad trailer looks dope AF.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Margot in the trailer slayed me.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Let me sit this asssssssssssss on ya." Sorry I woke up to the song while high off of Nyquil.

I wish writers would end the "Nice guy" trope. Steve Urkel, Screech, Stiles, Seth Cohen, Winn on Supergirl just showed his nice guy out. Even Barry did all though he was under something I guess. lol Just stop writing that and thinking its cute. In real life people get stalked when they reject someone. I make sure to never leave without my headphones because I don't want to hear "**** you then, hoe." Out of some ****boys mouth just because I'm not feeling him.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

The oscars are racist? Sure it's not sour grapes over not being nominated? And why don't the same people boycotting the Oscars, boycott the NAACP, or the BET Awards? Looking at the past winners, there's not a great deal of diversity there.

And handing out awards like sweets just because of skin colour, isn't really judging based on talent. They'd probably complain that they are now being awarded just on their skin colour.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex face in the Grey's promo looks chilling. If he and Meredith don't happen imma flip a table. lol
Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Dude, you know that's my only remaining emotional attachment to GA, lol. I've been lowkey rooting for that since like, S2.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lmao he's going to ignore his girlfriend again. Nah I can see them just being friends. Its really refreshing to have that on a show. I haven't liked a male/female friendship since Lucas and Haley. HTGAWM can have that with Laurel and Wes but like Alex and Mer I low key want them to happen as well. lmao
Old 01-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

I'm fairly sure that over 90% of Academy voters are white and of that 70-something percent are white men with an average age of over 60.

Surely everyone must see the extremely unfair representation of voters that leads to the ludicrous exclusion of films they perceive not to be prestigious enough.

Personally, Straight Outta Compton was one of the most inspiring cinematic triumphs of recent years and it is flat out unacceptable that nobody in that cast was nominated.

I think there were 40 actor nominations or something, and every single person was white. That is either insane, or it must be intentional.

It behooves you to watch some of the films and performances that people are complaining weren't included.

I would suggest Ex Machina as a good place to start - Oscar Isaac was excellent.

Quote:
They'd
Also, this phrasing is so wildly offensive. But I don't have energy to comment on this.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
lmao he's going to ignore his girlfriend again. Nah I can see them just being friends. Its really refreshing to have that on a show. I haven't liked a male/female friendship since Lucas and Haley. HTGAWM can have that with Laurel and Wes but like Alex and Mer I low key want them to happen as well. lmao
I think if Alex/Mer were going to happen, it would have happened by now, Shonda isn't that subtle, lol. But- and granted, this is someone who hasn't seen an actual episode in so long, I only know of references to Alex's girlfriend and probably wouldn't be able to name who she is or who plays her if she slapped me in the face- if Shonda intends for THAT to be some kind of epic romance, she isn't doing so well given that she gives Alex and Meredith so many epically emotional moments.

And Justin- whether or not he means to- is not playing this with platonic vibes, lol. I said it before, that scene where they're passing the tequila was one time I could legit say he actually looked like he wanted to bang her brains out. And he's not reacting like this is his BFF or even his sister in that promo, he's reacting like it's his wife on the table.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

I would hate if they ruined Alex/Meredith for a relationship. Cause as we know, Shonda doesn't write couples well. Unless it's to kill them.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That's always been the fear, lol. I honestly think the only relationship Shonda is 100% invested in- in any of her shows- is Meredith/Cristina.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread