Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I miss Australian promos for shows. /random

LOL.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Iris REALLY should be an investigator. She's going to be very important to Barry and the rest of the Justice League and Speedy family.

Those New Zealand promo talking guy has a hilarious vouce especially when doing the PLL ones same with the Canadian one. It's so dark talking about A and a bunch of ******* who wants to kill them. lmao

Hilarie and JDM are playing a couple in that Halle Barry show on CBS. Lol
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That's probably fun! Have they ever actually worked together? They didn't meet through a project IIRC- they met through Danneel and Jensen, I think.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep Jensen and Daneel hooked them up together. Their son is so big now and he looks like Hilarie last I saw. They like to come to Miami quite a bit. lol I don't think they've ever worked together.

Funny how he's worked with Chad, both worked on The CW and Grey's but never together. Haha. Getting fired was probably the best thing to ever happen to her. She's always getting guest spots and not a lot of women can say they made out with Matt Bomer. lol
Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

You mean, "The Marissa Cooper Show" promos. Good times.

I did love this s3 promo from back in the day.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

See, that's actually a good promo. LOL. Mostly, they were just hilarious- a combination of utterly misleading (the one that made it look like Ryan was cheating on Marissa with a stripper and Julie was consequently going to have him assassinated) and TOTALLY giving the ending away (didn't they actually put Marissa shooting Trey in a promo for the S2 finale?).
Old 04-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

And Marissa's death scene was all over the promo too.

But yeah, the misleading ones were the best I wish I still had them.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Misleading promos are always awesome because of the reactions it gives. lmao Remember how Mark got pissed at the CW for the misleading promos that he started doing his own? LMAO
Old 04-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I remember I thought Rob Thomas was literally going to take out the CW promo department at one point. LOL.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YASS. lol He hated them so much.

You know how had the best promos? The WB. Remember those "Oh what a night." Promos with the whole network? This is after they stopped doing those hilarious Michigan J Frog promos. The voice over dude for the Felicity, Dawson's Creek promos had a really nice soothing voice. lol
Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I do remember Buffy having some really excellent promos.

I think in the next Avengers press tour, they should probably just send Hemsworth and Evans out alone together, lol, because they manage to be cute and not offensive when they're together.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do have to pause on Chris H because he is Australian. lol but those arms and the way he acts like a kid around his kid. lol
Old 04-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thor, FTW.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thor and Captain America are probably virgins. Sharon and Jane will be their first obviously. I don't think Peggys old ass can handle Steve Rogers junk. lol

ETA: Looks like they are charging one of the officers in Freddie Grey's murder. I bet that cop is just a scape goat in all of this but it's better than what Mike Brown got. Even so, this is just the beginning. The guy could still walk free.

ETA2: Now they are saying all 6 officers are getting charged for a lot of ****. They must've saw something in the video tape that wasn't right.

Last edited by mjgchick; 05-01-2015 at 08:14 AM
Old 05-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Woah, they really wanted to wrap things up with Derek very quickly. Pretty good episode overall, a couple of really good scenes, but strangely mostly filler.

Also I was surprised by the lack of Meredith. I guess they conveyed the message they needed to convey, and I don't think I could have watched her mourn. So in a way, they did the right thing. I guess they could have honoured Derek a little more, and it would have been nice to see some older actors show up, but the objective was to move forward with the existing characters, which they were successfully able to do. Die-hard Derek fans will be eternally pissed off, but everyone else should be pretty fine with it.

The bigger issue with the show, well before Patrick left, is the fact that there's not much left to root for. Some characters get too much screen time and they're often the most unlikeable ones, while other storylines that you might be invested in, even if only a little bit, get paid dust.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread