Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

LOL. I like Brandon enough, but the sibling preference is a little too much sometimes.

I do like Cindy though. She seems to be a lot more in tune with Brenda than Jim is. Although, it's the classic double standard. Any father would be more at ease with what his son does than his daughter. Like when he basically gave Brandon the go-ahead to sleep with his girlfriend from Minnesota, but had a cow when he found out Brenda was sexually active. I have no doubt that happens all the time.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It's not Brandon's FAULT that they favor him, so I don't hate HIM for it. I hate Jim for it. LOL. Wait until S4. Their only concern when Brenda drops out of college is how it will effect Brandon. And the loss of his second bedroom. LOL. Literally. Jim's words are "Have you even thought how this will effect Brandon?" Er...SHOULD she have, lol?
Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't hate Brandon for it either, but Jim's preference for him doesn't make me like Brandon any more, lol.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know what I never get how people say 90210 did not do well during the college years. If that were true then why was the show on for 10+ seasons? I will never get it even DC if it did bad why did it go for 6 season's and probably would have continued had Katie, Josh and James wanted it to stay. I just never get it because when they found out Mark was skipping time or what ever people made a big deal out f it because going to college for 90210 did not work. The only show that started off in high school and then went on to college that did not work is SBTB and VM lol
Old 08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Melissa~ (View Post)
Yeah, I don't hate Brandon for it either, but Jim's preference for him doesn't make me like Brandon any more, lol.
He can be pretty self righteous, lol. Remember when he reamed out Dylan for what happened when Brandon BROKE into his HOUSE?

He was a lot better for Kelly, though. Than Dylan, that is.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

LOL. That's horrible that was what they were worried about. But then again, I've seen Brenda's last scene with Dylan on the show and she was talking about how her parents would never look at her the same way as Brandon. That's just really sad.

I didn't start to dislike DC until the sixth season. The premiere to that season was good, but then it just went to crap. And it's not because I like Dawson/Joey. I like S4, even though it's all Pacey/Joey. It's just that the storylines in the sixth season were crap and there was no unity to the group anymore. I think that's why 90210 was successful. They seemed to keep their characters together moreso than DC did in the sixth season.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

That's exactly it, Chris. It's not that the shows were canceled right away, or they lost all their viewers. It's that the show is NEVER as good when the characters are in college.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Buffy floundered a little in S4, too. Although quality and acting wise, they rebounded in S4. Nothing was quite as good as S1-S3, though.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

College makes it so hard to please people. They are unwilling to suspend their belief enough to accept that all the characters go to one college or they complain when they aren't a unit anymore.

I'm one of the latter. I'd rather they all go to the same college. A lot of my high school friends are at college with me. I've made a lot of new friends, but I'm still friends with the old ones. It's not that hard to believe.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Buffy is the only show where I think they successfully moved the characters past high school. Sure, S1-S3 were the BEST, but Joss kept the characters together. No one spent an entire season away from everything, like Dawson. LOL.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think another show could actually do the four year jump well, even if OTH remained cheesy, lol.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Dawson gone virtually the entire sixth season kind of killed it. I know JVDB was doing other work, but so were some of the others, and if they were away for a few episodes it wasn't a big deal. He could've just been visiting Capeside or something.

I think the four year jump is an excellent idea. I think VM would've been awesome had they gotten the go-ahead and jumped the three years they needed.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Sara Tancredi returns this fall!
they must be regarded as recruits.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

WOOOOO! *isn't done with the second season yet*
Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Chris! Where are you in S2?
they must be regarded as recruits.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread