Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

kelly's voice this year is so amazing. it's almost like it's stress free. compared to the end of 2006, when many people were worried about her vocals, she is soooooo on!! anyone agree?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She's definitely doing something right. I don't know what she's doing that's different, but it's definitely been good.

I just heard a clip of the Perth concert and she sounds unbelievably good on all the high notes

Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
New Fan

Kelly's Voice

Hey guys just before I start I want to point out that I am not trying in any way to bash Kelly, but I'm just curious at what's going on, and if there is already another thread about this that I didn't find, a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

So I saw her back in August of 2005 during the Hazel Eyes tour and I thought she was fantastic live--better than on the cd even. I haven't seen her since, but I have seen some live performances on TV/computer, and while those are nowhere near the same as seeing her live, I have noticed some things--primarily how lately she has been singing some songs in a lower key than previously. Songs like "sober" i can completely understand, because of that ending part that has just got to be an incredible strain on your voice--but for songs like "Gone" and "Walk away," I don't really understand why becuase on previous tours i am positive she did not do that. Then there is all these people saying she is "destroying her beautiful voice" and then the fans coming back with "no she's not she just sings like that but she's still 'got it."

Can anyone clarify what is going on? does she only sing in a lower key on songs when she is feeling under the weather or is she having trouble maintaining her voice lately? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Jigblob! Welcome to the thread/board

I think the main thing to remember is that Kelly has a history of getting sick while overseas and of having voice problems when she travels.

I know that when I saw her in Philadelphia at the begining of the US tour she hit all the high notes and didn't miss one. It was pretty amazing.

I think with time Kelly has learned what is best for her voice, and what doesn't work too well for her. I think she's realized that when she is traveling overseas it's a bit more difficult to keep her voice in check...therefore she's a bit more careful when performing certain songs, just so her voice won't be shot the next day.

I could be wrong, but that's what I think is the reason for the changes in certain songs recently

Old 04-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigblob (View Post)
Hey guys just before I start I want to point out that I am not trying in any way to bash Kelly, but I'm just curious at what's going on, and if there is already another thread about this that I didn't find, a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

So I saw her back in August of 2005 during the Hazel Eyes tour and I thought she was fantastic live--better than on the cd even. I haven't seen her since, but I have seen some live performances on TV/computer, and while those are nowhere near the same as seeing her live, I have noticed some things--primarily how lately she has been singing some songs in a lower key than previously. Songs like "sober" i can completely understand, because of that ending part that has just got to be an incredible strain on your voice--but for songs like "Gone" and "Walk away," I don't really understand why becuase on previous tours i am positive she did not do that. Then there is all these people saying she is "destroying her beautiful voice" and then the fans coming back with "no she's not she just sings like that but she's still 'got it."

Can anyone clarify what is going on? does she only sing in a lower key on songs when she is feeling under the weather or is she having trouble maintaining her voice lately? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

i don`t really know what you have been watching. i just watched clips on youtube of her tous in germany and uk and she`s been hitting notes i`ve never heard her hit before. just tonight on walk away in manchester, she aparently went all out and hit some notes that had everyone`s jaw dropping. maybe some nights she holds back a little bit but this year has been good to her vocally. i strongly disagree with people who say she`s destroying her voice. even celine dion has some off days.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After listening to this performance (from last night) I'd say her voice is doing just fine.

Flawless vocals...lower range and upper range. I'm in love with this video/audio

Video Up To The Mountain - Kelly Clarkson [MANCHESTER APRIL 8TH] - Up, To, The, Mountain, 8TH] - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Old 04-10-2008, 01:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKNESSBALL (View Post)
i don`t really know what you have been watching. i just watched clips on youtube of her tous in germany and uk and she`s been hitting notes i`ve never heard her hit before. just tonight on walk away in manchester, she aparently went all out and hit some notes that had everyone`s jaw dropping. maybe some nights she holds back a little bit but this year has been good to her vocally. i strongly disagree with people who say she`s destroying her voice. even celine dion has some off days.
oh no i dont mean her voice sounds bad or anything, and the videos i've been watching from recently don't even sound like "off days," i just noticed that at some shows she was singing some songs at a noticeably lower key than usual, but then as i watch more there are others that she doesn't. It must be when she isn't feeling too great or something.

like this since u been gone
Video Since U Been Gone [Manchester Apollo 8/05/08] Cannon moment! - Since, U, Been, Gone, moment - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
i think she is singing in a lower key. i feel like she has been doing that a lot recently...and i would think its to protect her voice (like i do with Sober) but i know she used to consistently sing that song in its normal key more often than not. (while also going up, rather than down, on that last "again and again and again and aGAIN")

thats from the same night as that wonderful "up to the mountain" (thanks dancewithlife--i totally agree with you that she sounds fantastic there!), so i really don't think she was sick or anything..
Old 04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see what you mean. I think that Kelly has just prefered singing SUBG in a lower key. I've seen her do it for a really long time now (since the Addicted Tour I think). I quite like it this way, but I see what you mean.

I think it's just her preference

Quote:
thats from the same night as that wonderful "up to the mountain" (thanks dancewithlife--i totally agree with you that she sounds fantastic there!), so i really don't think she was sick or anything..
If that's the same night, then she really wasn't sick. Cause that Up To The Mountain was just all kinds of wow.

One great thing about Kelly is she can hit the notes, but she can also sing softly and in a lower key at times. She can mold her voice to fit whatever circumstances or song she's performing. I like that.

And jigblob - it's great to have you in this thread! I love a good healthy discussion about Kelly's voice and performances.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Kelly's voice. It's probably one of the main reasons I'm a fan
Old 04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
I love Kelly's voice. It's probably one of the main reasons I'm a fan
Me too.

It was the first thing that grabbed my attention when I first saw her on TV. She can sing anything.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She sure can! But she can sing in so many ways too. If you compare the songs she has sung on her albums, AI, they're all so different. There's nothing she can't do
Old 04-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true. She's a vocal chameleon, really.

She can go from singing something like "Stuff Like That There" on AI, to Aerosmith's "Cryin'" on Women Rock, to "The Greatest Man I Ever Knew" on tour with Reba, to "Ave Maria" for the Pope later this month.

And all the while she can make those songs sound old, rock, country and classical respectively with such ease.

Impressive really.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 AM
New Fan

I've also noticed how she can sing basically any genre of music fabulously--her voice really is something else.

I remember when I first (and only time haha) I saw her, it was during the Hazel eyes tour, and I was sort of a fan but not too much--I just had the cds. Then when I acutally saw her, it was the first concert i had ever seen where i was completely blown away, in the sense that she was shockingly even better live than she was on the already-awesome cds. I think my favorite different-thing she did was when she came out singing behind these hazel eyes. I'm not sure if she still does this now, but in the 2nd verse at "you made me feel alright, for once in my LIFE" and she like went up an octave and in intensity and all out on the word "life" and for the rest of the "now all thats left of me....." part until the chorus. It was amazing haha she added like a rock quality to it that i had never heard before. kind of did the same thing with since u been gone too.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've also noticed how she can sing basically any genre of music fabulously--
I agree
Old 04-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've also noticed how she can sing basically any genre of music fabulously
I definitely agree with that too.

Quote:
I think my favorite different-thing she did was when she came out singing behind these hazel eyes. I'm not sure if she still does this now, but in the 2nd verse at "you made me feel alright, for once in my LIFE" and she like went up an octave and in intensity and all out on the word "life" and for the rest of the "now all thats left of me....." part until the chorus.
Last time I saw her in concert in Philadelphia she did that too. So much power in her voice and it gives the song so much more energy and emotion. I love it too when she does that.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread