Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm with you guys. MLWSWY would definitely not be number 1 if that is their goal. Sober and BOY would be up there along with BTHE.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I'd go;

#1 Sober
#2 Because Of You
#3 Behind These Hazel Eyes
#4 Maybe
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly Clarkson in a minute - Times LIVE

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson in a minute
Mar 28, 2010 12:00 AM | By Jason Von Berg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On stage, my show is pretty eclectic. The production is there to compliment and enhance each song, and my band and I are pretty energetic and have a great time with every audience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never been to SA and I'm so excited to not only visit and be a tourist but to play some shows and interact with my fans.

Before any show, my band and I pray and give thanks for having such rad jobs and people to hang out with, and I also have personalised "high five'' rituals with each member of my band and crew.

One of my back-up singers, Kate Rapier, was born in SA and she's always telling us about it so we're all pretty stoked. We're going to do some shows, see some animals, and also visit an orphanage that my friend's dad help build there.

It wasn't difficult moving away from American Idol title winner and to be honest I haven't ever tried to distance myself. I've been on the show almost every season, if not every season.

One of my favorite moments on stage was singing with Melissa Etheridge at the VH1 Diva's Concert last year! She is one of the sweetest, most genuine, kick-ass vocalists ever and I am still shocked such a rock 'n roll chick would sing with me.

Staying out of the tabloids and the gossip columns is easy for me. I still live in Texas and there's not much of a "paparazzi'' scene there! I'm also not that interested in being famous so it's not so hard to stay out of it if you don't want to be in it.

Working with One Republic's Ryan Tedder was great. Ryan and I both love all different kinds of music, not just pop, so it was fun to work with someone who didn't mind having outside influences.

I've enjoyed huge success with songs like Since You've Been Gone and My Life Would Suck Without You, but I didn't write those. I wrote Because of You and Behind These Hazel Eyes and the key to writing for me is not to try and write number ones.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that last little bit

☂Rae
Old 04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are some goodies of Kelly performing with Reba this weekend in Knoxville.

Flickr: Allyopps' stuff tagged with kellyclarkson

Reba McEntire (reba) on Twitter
Quote:
reba: Thanks so much to Lee Ann Womack, Brooks & Dunn, Kelly Clarkson and Melissa Peterman for coming on stage w me tonight in Knoxville!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

can't, exactly, see your hair color kelly. but it definitely looks like a mixture of them all. I like!

Thanks for those Andy! Love that she got to share the stage again with Reba!
RK EB LP BR KP
Old 04-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the hair too. It definitely does look like a little mixture of it all.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Though the person that posted it says they are from 2009, I really think this is a new interview... One, I've never seen it. Two, her hair looks like what she said she just dyed it to (and not what it looked like in 2009). Three, it says copyright 2010 at the end of the video.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw that was a cute interview. Thanks for posting those videos!

I love hr picks at the end. Totally agree with Kings Of Leon.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

The sitlls on the vids are hilarious, she looks bored out of her mind!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah. Not sure why the person that posted them kept the still in that last one.
And, I was wrong about it being new. Darn. I just watched the interview where she talks about having written Empty As I Am and it is the same hair. Oh well. We'll just have to wait a bit longer to see what her new hair looks like.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm thinking the interviews came out right about the time I Do Not Hook Up came out as a single. But still one, I'd never seen! So thanks for the videos!

at the part about giving an album to a family member. "you must be sad"

And yes, Kel. You do dance around the stage. Maybe just not choreographed dancing!

S'pore-bound singer Kelly Clarkson says she has no time to date - Magazine - Live4MusiC

Quote:
THERE is a reason you don't really hear any gossip about Kelly Clarkson.

For one thing, she doesn't live in Hollywood.

In a phone interview with The New Paper from her home in Texas, she gave a firm 'no' when asked if she would ever move to Los Angeles.

'I grew up in Texas and I've always loved it here,' she said, eagerly talking about the time she spends with the 'donkeys, horses, cats and dogs' she has on her family ranch.

The other reason: Clarkson's far too busy working to lead the kind of social life that results in paparazzi photos of after-party drunkenness.

The 27-year-old singer will be here for her first major concert at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on April 27.

It will be her fourth visit here since she made her name on the pop charts after winning the inaugural American Idol title in 2002.

When she spoke to The New Paper yesterday, Clarkson was at the tail end of a two-week rest from her last round of concerts in Europe and Africa, before she heads out to Australia to begin the Asian leg of her world tour.

What has she been doing in her downtime?

'Going to the dentist, and doing all my medical check-ups,' she said. 'No, it's not very exciting at all!'

The banality of her life off the road, she says, is her 'crazy workload' - interviews, meetings, songwriting and producing.

Last year, she even worked on her own iPhone app, Kelly Clarkson Open Mic, a singing game which allows iPhone users to test their vocal skills on singles from her latest album, All I Ever Wanted.

She has been so busy, she hasn't had time for a love life.

'I guess if I did meet someone who was right for me, I'd make time for it,' she said. 'But I haven't met anyone yet!'

Her mother and her older sister, whom she's very close to, have not pressured her about dating.

'They get more concerned about how much I'm working. That's when they'll ask me if I need to just relax,' she said.

'I think my mum would be really happy if I didn't get married until I was 40! She and my sister keep telling me I should travel the world and do as much as I can before I settle down.'

Clarkson certainly has been doing a lot of that - she recently made a two-week trip to Africa to do shows, as well as to visit children's homes and do other charity work.

As for her other visits here, they were only for promotional work or smaller gigs. Naturally, she is excited about her upcoming concert.

Fans can expect all her biggest hits, some 'interesting' covers and perhaps some new material from her new album, due out later this year. She described it as '80s meets pop rock, with a little bit country'.

Despite recently tweeting her support for current American Idol finalist Crystal Bowersox, Kelly said she has watched only 'a total of six episodes (of the TV series) in the last eight years'.

'I'm actually a total nerd about these sorts of singing and dance shows - I just don't really have the time,' she said.

Though Idol can be clogged with contestants butchering her songs, Clarkson said she has never watched any of the offending attempts.

'I remember being on the show and singing other people's songs so whatever it is, I think it's cool there's people who choose to (sing) my songs,' she said.

She did, however, take some time to watch an online clip of her song, My Life Would Suck Without You, performed by the cast of hot new TV show Glee in its first season finale.

'I grew up singing in a show choir too, so seeing that was so awesome,' she said.

Not so cool

What is not awesome? Having another single, Already Gone, from her last album, sounding exactly like Beyonce's hit Halo.

Music fans noticed last year that the tracks had similar beats and chords. Clarkson, who had released her single later, was initially accused of stealing the idea for the song from Beyonce.

As it turned out, both songs were co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, and Clarkson said he had given both her and Beyonce the same track to work with.

'That was not cool at all,' she said. 'I guess some people think they can do something like this and no one's going to say anything, but I'm not that kind of person.'

Asked if she would work with him again, she said, 'No, probably not.'
RK EB LP BR KP

Last edited by KC and LP Fan; 04-08-2010 at 08:34 AM
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a good interview too. I really like this part, because this is one of the reasons why Kelly stands out amongst her peers:

Quote:
'That was not cool at all,' she said. 'I guess some people think they can do something like this and no one's going to say anything, but I'm not that kind of person.'
She says it like it is and she doesn't try to make excuses for it. I like that.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

i've missed so much goodness in the past week!

that video interview was really cool. it makes me really excited for the new kc era.

that's also a good interview up there. it's very telling that she doesn't hesitate to say she would not work with teddder again...
Old 04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree Andy. I like that she doesn't just sit and bash him either though. She just says what she thinks, but isn't a snot or anything like that about it.

Quote:
Fans can expect all her biggest hits, some 'interesting' covers and perhaps some new material from her new album, due out later this year. She described it as '80s meets pop rock, with a little bit country'.
I can't really see this happening.. . She barely changed her set list up from the US to Europe to Africa. I was just assuming she would be doing basically the same set list for the Australia/Asia leg. I could definitely see her trying out some of her new stuff for the Lilth Fair. Who knows though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread