Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly and Nascar - Special concerts on Feb 18 + NEW SONG!

It's official!! And since this is big news (This could possibly be where Kelly will premiere her first single off her third album) I thought it could use it's own thread.

According to online reports, which were confirmed tonight by ACCESS HOLLYWOOD, Kelly has signed "an unprecedented deal with Nascar" to kick off the Daytona Nascar Event with a Special Pre-Concert on February 18th! In addition to this deal, Kelly has also signed a deal with Nascar, which will see her appear in Nascar Ads, which will run throughout the entire Nascar season before every Nascar televised event!

Here is the video of ACCESS HOLLYWOOD announcing the Special Concert (Thanks to Rick on KCE)
http://www.kcemedia.com/GetFile.ashx?FileId=5683

Now, the real question is...who's going?

P.S. The Daytona Nascar Event is on par with the Superbowl. It is to NAscar what the Superbowl is to Football...if that gives you an indication of how big this is

DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's awesome news!

Kelly sure gets involved with cars a lot now doesn't she?

And hearing her first single off the third album?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I think it's only speculation (about hearing the single at this event) so far, but I think it's highly possible

I'm just so very excited that Kelly has been chosen for something this big. Hopefully parts of it is televised (I know they televised Bon Jovi last year).

Edited to add MORE news about this:
Lifeline: Quick hits - USATODAY.com
Quote:
Clarkson revs up NASCAR deal

Kelly Clarkson is teaming up with NASCAR for the 2007 season. She will perform a concert before a race, appear in TV spots and be involved with NASCAR's charitable efforts. The organization says this is its first season-long marketing deal with a music artist. The Grammy winner will perform Feb. 18 on a live Tribute to America special on Fox prior to the Daytona 500. The former American Idol also will serve as spokeswoman for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18 and wraps up the season performing at the Nextel Cup's Champions Banquet in New York Dec. 3.

Last edited by DanceWithLife; 01-17-2007 at 10:51 PM
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Here's an article about it from MSN.

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson Partners With NASCAR
Jan 18, 8:32 PM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Kelly Clarkson will soon be showing her racing stripes in the biggest partnership NASCAR has ever made with a music artist, the sports franchise announced Thursday.

"Anyone who knows me knows I'm a race fan and love NASCAR," the former "American Idol" and Grammy-winning singer said in a NASCAR press release. "I look forward to hanging out with the fans, drivers and the entire NASCAR community."

Clarkson will be "integrated into all aspects of NASCAR," including television spots, charitable events and NASCAR's awards dinner in New York City in December, NASCAR said.

The deal kicks off with Clarkson headlining the Nextel "Tribute To America" concert airing live on Fox just before the Daytona 500 in Florida on Feb. 18.

During the appearance, Clarkson will film a 30-second NASCAR spot for TV featuring a new song from her upcoming third album.

She will also serve as a spokeswoman for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18, 2007.

Other artists who have partnered with NASCAR include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz and LeAnn Rimes.

Clarkson's "enthusiasm for NASCAR as a fan of NASCAR will surely develop into an unparalleled relationship," said NASCAR's Sarah Nettinga in a statement.

The 24-year-old singer rose to pop-rock stardom after snagging the first "American Idol" crown in 2002.

Her debut album, "Thankful," earned double-platinum status, and the multiplatinum follow-up, "Breakaway," garnered two Grammy awards in 2006.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Looks like Kelly's going to have heaps of involvement there! She's going to be a very busy girl soon
Old 01-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This has become HUGE. It's all over TV, radio and the net. They talked about it on E! and it was on the front page of yahoo yesterday all day.

Looks like an amazing deal for Kelly!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay!!! Congrats to kelly for this!!
This girl is on a role!!
Luv ya kel!!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is a link to the E!News Live piece they did about this:

http://www.kcemedia.com/GetFile.ashx?FileId=5691

and while googling, this was the headline to hundreds of articles, and I just loved it.

Quote:
- Kelly Clarkson will soon be showing her racing stripes in the biggest partnership NASCAR has ever made with a music artist

Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

I've seen/read so much about this over the weekend! How awesome is this!! I skimmed the articles posted on here, so I'm not sure if it was in any of them, but I heard this is the first deal Nascar has made with someone unrelated to the sport.

This is really big for her, and I'm excited!

Hopefully the speculation about her single is true.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone else watch the ACCESS HOLLYWOOD feature on Kelly yesterday?

Holy crap...I didn't know that Kelly was actually doing this for free, no paycheck for her. The parts where she was meeting with the kids with serious illnesses was so sweet.

But wow...still amazed that she struck this deal with Nascar and it involves no paycheck whatsoever.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

it's so very cool that she's not even being paid for it!! someone posted a transcript of the interview on another board. hope it's ok to post it here

Quote:
KC: *points to her name on car* It’s awesome that I just noticed this. It says my name.
AH: Did you just notice that right now?
KC: Yeah they said it said my name on it and I was like ‘where?’ I was like ‘where would it say that’ cause I pictured it like across the whole car and I was like ‘that’s kinda weird!’
AH: Well there it is.
KC: Yeah that’s awesome.
AH: So is this yours?
KC: Yeah I’m taking this home. I’m gonna drive this around. *laughs* This is the one I’m drive--we’re doing a commercial for the NASCAR Day Event. And um this is what I’m driving in.
AH: Nice, so what’s this?
KC: NASCAR Day Event? It is--well actually NASCAR started it, um, just kinda on their own and they thought it would be cool to kinda incorperate charities. You know with the fans and stuff, and say ‘hey, we’re supporting all these charities’. And this is the day where you buy, it’s like a five dollar pin. And you buy the pin, and um all the money and the proceeds go to like all these different charities that the drivers are involved in. Whether it’s environment or animals, or you know, anything. So um, it’s kinda cool yeah I liked it. So I’m a part of it.
AH: So if I buy this pin, I’m contributing?
KC: You’re contributing.
AH: Cause I just so happen to have five dollars.
KC: Right on. You so happen to have that. You’re amazing.
AH: Can I have an exchange?
KC: Yes, I’ll trade. It’s really cool. And nobody’s making any money--none of us involved in it is making any money off it. It’s all just going towards the charity. Yeah it’s all going. So nobody’s making anything. So it’s cool. I like that.
AH: So I’m going to reach into my sweater. *puts pin on*
KC: I did mine way too high! So it’s like on my collarbone. *laughs*
AH: Is that good?
KC: Yes, it’s perfect. You did it very well. You’re more motherly, it’s cool. Yeah *laughs*. Yeah I love it though, it’s a cool event. You always like to be involved in things you know, that are uplifting and that give back as well as having fun so.
AH: Well tell me about your involvement with NASCAR.
KC: *moves to put $5 in her bra* Putting away my money. *laughs* Just kidding, no! *laughs* My involvement in NASCAR…Um honestly, my family…They’re from North Carolina so they’re obviously huge NASCAR fans. And I’ve never, I never really knew about it and all the sudden they were like ‘hey would you like to do the Grand Marshal at a NASCAR event?’ and this was like, I’ve been to two races so this is like two races ago, and I was like ‘oh okay’. I mean I’ve never done it. I was thinking ‘how fun can cars be, like watching them go round and round?’ And it was a blast! I never had, they like totally recruited me.
AH: How long ago was this?
KC: This was just in Fontana like--how long ago was that? September? Yeah it was in September.
AH: So it was your first race.
KC: It was my first race, and I had never done anything like it. And my friends--they were like really cool, everyone in NASCAR, really friendly--um and they were like ‘yeah, just come out, bring your friends and your family’. And we all came out to the event. And everything was so much fun. It’s like you know, everyone’s going for a different car *mimics steering* and you’re drinking, having a good time. It’s just like the best thing ever. So it’s, I…They totally recruited me, and we’ve become partners. And we’re just you know--I got onboard not even for like the paycheck or anything, just to help out and to have fun and do some charity work with them. Just have a good time.
AH: Rewind? No paycheck?
KC: No no. There’s no paycheck. Yeah.
AH: What exactly are you doing in the spot today?
KC: I am driving, getting out, and I’m acting like I--we’re doing two different spots. One of them I’m like acting like I’m a driver and I’m getting out and I’m like ‘yeah’ and it’s kinda more funny.
AH: Oh so they don’t know it’s you, you pop off the helmet.
KC: Yeah they don’t know it’s me, and it’s until I pop the helmet and I do the whole ‘hello’. *Flips hair and head around* *laughs* But yeah, I probably won’t do that, cause they’ll probably laugh. But yeah, but um they’re doing like a funny spot where I’m getting out and I’m acting like I’m talking to reporters, just getting the word out about NASCAR Day in like a fun way. And then the other one’s like more serious, just telling what’s going on so…Cause I never really knew about it so it’s kinda just informing the public about the whole NASCAR day thing so it’s…it’s really cool.
AH: So tell me about American Idol. What do you think?
KC: Oh this is my--I was kinda excited cause I've never been able to sit down and watch it because I'm always on tour when it comes on.
AH: Yeah I remember everytime I've seen you and I've asked you, you were like 'I'm on tour!'
KC: I know, and I'm not lying, I never got to watch it. And they'd ask me and I wouldn't know. But I started watching it and I have it Tivoed now. And um, I've been home and my friends and I were just cracking up. It's the best part, obviously, the beginning shows. And like people are so horrible. And it's sad. You wanna--you're like, you feel bad for laughing, but at the same time it's like, 'are you joking'? Some of them you're like 'okay you totally just wanted to be on TV.
AH: So now what do you think, because a lot of people are giving, um, Randy, Paula, and Simon some flak because they're saying they're being too mean?
KC: They're a little harsh, yeah.
AH: So what do you think?
KC: Well, we're thinking they're being harsh, but what do you say when you're at home? *laughs*Like yeah, see that's the thing. You're calling them mean, but what is everyone saying when you're at home.
AH: It was funny, but there were two kids in there...it was a little, a little much.
KC: I haven't seen all of it yet.
AH: It seemed that they were, you know, not in the category of being made fun of.
KC: No wait no, people do tell me that they thought they were maybe, a little different, but I don't think so, cause--
AH: Really?
KC: Cause somebody pointed someone out to me, and I don't think so, I just think people are different.
AH: Yeah, I see what you're saying.
KC: Yeah, and when they're going to different parts of America, there's different people in different parts of America *laughs*. And you love them *laughs*, like they're great, and they're so passionate about it, but um...They are a little harsh you know, this time, but at the same time, what is--how many seasons is this?
AH: Six. 37 million viewers.
KC: This is like Season 6. They’ve been doing it six--and they sit all day and watch all these people come through and it’s like, you gotta give them some, you know, some credit. They’re sitting there all day and listening to…to that.
AH: Yeah, they do have a lot of auditions to listen to all over the country.
KC: Yeah so like not a justification for being mean.
AH: It has to kinda be, a little self introspective, as a potential canditate, to know that, *points to Kelly* you are what they’re looking for, not the one that sounds like he’s got a chicken you know, stuck in his throat.
KC: Well here’s the thing too. People say that it’s mean, and this is the one thing that I say. It’s like they are nothing compared to what critics are going to say about you. Or what magazines are going to say about you. Or what TV are gonna say about you.
AH: You’ve experienced it.
KC: Yeah, you’re gonna have to be able to put up with people…I mean if you think that’s mean, just stop now. Because it gets a lot worse.
DARKNESSBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw the interview a few hours ago... Was posted on the UK forum. Is it already posted here somewhere?

Let's go let's jump right in
Scream into the wind, feel the fire within
I can't ignore this burning in my soul
C'mon baby let's go, C'mon baby let's go...

Avie by me
Thessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

i saw it on tv but didn't see it on the board here. can you post it? i'd love to rewatch it.
DARKNESSBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Kelly Clarkson's NASCAR Cause | Videos | Access Hollywood

Here it is

Let's go let's jump right in
Scream into the wind, feel the fire within
I can't ignore this burning in my soul
C'mon baby let's go, C'mon baby let's go...

Avie by me
Thessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, thanks for the transcript and the link guys! I loved the interview. Kelly's so cute. Plus, she's awesome for contributing to this.
Reply   Post New Thread