Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Behind These Hazel Eyes for me, it was my favorite from the day I got the album and is now.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

just to celebrate...

RK EB LP BR KP
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you so much for bringing that in here. I can't believe I've never seen that before.

That's good that she said Since U Been Gone was one of her favorites to perform since she will be singing it live for the rest of her career.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mal, that video is always amazing to watch. I love it! Thanks for bringing it back.

Also to celebrate...

Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

i will never stop loving those performances!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

I still think Breakaway is her best album to date! I'm still completely in love with it!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

I'll always love this album
RK EB LP BR KP
Old 12-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for that vid Mal! I'd forgotten that SUBG started off really poppy, thank god she got them to change it or I don't think she'd be quite where she is now.

Why won't RCA just trust her instincts! Kelly's artistic input + promotion = Mega international sucsess!

They didn't like Because Of You at first did they?? Oh how they were proved wrong! That's the song that they usually use for Kelly over here in like those top 20 coundowns.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevding (View Post)
Why won't RCA just trust her instincts! Kelly's artistic input + promotion = Mega international sucsess!

They didn't like Because Of You at first did they?? Oh how they were proved wrong! That's the song that they usually use for Kelly over here in like those top 20 coundowns.
They didn't! I think I remember hearing that she actually wanted it on Thankful, but they wouldn't let her. She finally got them to put it on Breakaway and look at the mega hit it turned into. I think it's her biggest hit worldwide.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I still think Breakaway is her best album to date! I'm still completely in love with it!
I still adore that album too. There was absolutely nothing I didn't like about it.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I know this is bad of me to say as a fan, but I was never a huge fan of "Where is your Heart"
RK EB LP BR KP
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a fan of it at first, but with time it really grew on me. I fell in love with it when she started singing it live.

Quote:
SUBG, BOY and BTHE are the best examples of that. They didn't want BOY on Thankful when she first submitted it, but look at how huge of a hit that was. She made them change SUBG into a rockier tune, and that just proved to be the best thing. And they thought that the BTHE video was too dark and wouldn't work but in the eyes of many it is still to this day her best video.

If only they trusted her instincts more...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Exactly!

And Mal! How can you not love where is your heart!?!

I absolutley adore her voice on the line;

"I don't expect the world to move underneath me but for god's sake...could you try."
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That line is amazing. Definitely my favorite of the whole song.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A decade of <em>Idol</em>-worthy albums | Peep | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
American Idol has been serious business since it debuted in 2002 -- for the music industry and for fans. Favorites are ferociously defended, even if album sales don't always reflect the devotion.

That's why this list -- the 10 best albums from Idol singers of the past decade -- was tricky. I redid it a few times, left out a few initial inclusions (Daughtry, Fantasia) and ignored some commercial giants (namely Carrie Underwood, whose trio of discs boast killer singles but are weighed down with truly awful filler).

I avoided repeating artists, except for one unavoidable instance. You'll see soon enough. And it seems most of the better stuff was in the latter half of the decade.

Let the bickering commence!

1. All I Ever Wanted, Kelly Clarkson (2009): The original Idol's most recent album ran a close race with her second, Breakaway. But I chose this one because it's the culmination of Clarkson's three previous discs: a little R&B, a little rock, a little country and a consistently terrific listen. Every song sounds like a smash.

2. Breakaway, Kelly Clarkson (2004): How to not include Clarkson's true breakout, which was fueled by a string of fist-pumping singles, led by Since U Been Gone -- the best single from an Idol alum. Even with a few moments of filler, it's miles better than anything put out by Idol's long run of winners.

3. High Hopes & Heartbreak, Brooke White (2009): One of this year's sweetest surprises was this disc, as sunny and crisp as White's TV personality.

4. For Your Entertainment, Adam Lambert (2009): Love him, hate him, envy his hair. Lambert's disc is flashy, campy and fun -- and his fans love him for it.

5. Elliott Yamin, Elliott Yamin (2007): There's something immensely likable about Yamin, and he's also an effortless, soulful singer. That heartfelt single Wait For You became a radio hit was a wonderful surprise.

6. Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Hudson (2008): There was real elegance in several of these songs, including singles Spotlight, If This Isn't Love and Giving Myself. And that voice -- that glorious voice.

7. Heartbreak on Vinyl, Blake Lewis (2009): Lewis parted ways with Arista and released this adventurous, eclectic effort, which nicely showcased his electro-dance kookiness.

8. Just Like You, Allison Iraheta: (2009) Iraheta's debut disc was filled with all the major-label essentials for mass appeal. But it truly soared on her husky vocals, which put singers twice her age to shame.

9. Battlefield, Jordin Sparks (2009): The youngest Idol winner's previous disc turned her into a radio sweetheart. Battlefield refined her sound and showcased more maturity. But radio, if you can play repetitive dance trash from Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga, why not Sparks' vastly superior S.O.S. (Let the Music Play)?

10. One Love, Kimberley Locke (2004): Locke managed an easy balance of pop and soul on her first disc, which spawned several criminally catchy AC-radio hits.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread