Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

10 Of The Best Teen TV Shows From The Early '00s | Gurl.com
Old 04-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
Here's what my opinion is on that. The fans wanted Logan and Veronica together. The fans - the vocal ones anyway - didn't like Duncan, the character. And I think the writers and Rob just didn't know what to do at that point. And every year-they were getting threatened with cancellation-he didn't want to lose the viewers they had.
Even if Veronica and Logan were together, Duncan could have still had his own subplot.
For example: pregnant Meg would have escaped from her abusing home. Duncan would have been so scared to lose Veronica, that he was never answering Meg's calls (maybe he wouldn't even know about her pregnancy). And one day Kendall and Logan would have seen highly pregnant Meg dancing in strip-club. Kendall would start to blackmail Duncan, Logan would show contempt towards Veronica. And Duncan would try to hide the truth about Meg from Veronica, but wouldn't be able to locate (and help) Meg.
In the end Veronica would find Meg - but then the child would be very sick and Meg wouldn't allow Duncan in child's life, etc.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-veronic...time-fan-49573
Old 04-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting article. Getting people to actually SEE this miniseries, film, or whatever they end up doing, is the real problem. Only the tv fans would watch. Men just won't go-there's not enough action or any supernatural weirdness to draw the guys in, like Buffy had. When the film was shown near me-and not even in my city btw-I was the only one in the theater. Sad but true. I do think that VM is still a pop-culture icon-she's still talked about and referenced in other tv shows (like recently-How To Get Away With Murder) and the tv critics LOVED the show. VM will always be on the lists as one of the best written shows ever.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't agree with this article. I want Rob Thomas story and this actors.

Quote:
Interesting article. Getting people to actually SEE this miniseries, film, or whatever they end up doing, is the real problem. Only the tv fans would watch. Men just won't go-there's not enough action or any supernatural weirdness to draw the guys in, like Buffy had. When the film was shown near me-and not even in my city btw-I was the only one in the theater. Sad but true. I do think that VM is still a pop-culture icon-she's still talked about and referenced in other tv shows (like recently-How To Get Away With Murder) and the tv critics LOVED the show. VM will always be on the lists as one of the best written shows ever.
Yes, there are some very interesting thoughts.
They should definitively do something for better ratings. I've noticed that Veronica Mars popularity/ratings were better in Australia than in USA. Perhaps the series was on more popular tv channel or at better time (for example at 9 p.m.).

And perhaps Rob Thomas should change the format and really do FBI Veronica Maars series or ADA Veronica Mars series. There would still be Veronica, Keith and Logan (perhaps a little of Dick and Wallace), but others wouldn't characters would have to be new.
What do you think?
Old 04-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even with the original show, it was on the wb, cw, upn mess, wasn't it? The ratings were a problem because of the network not being in all markets. If the miniseries happens, maybe they should just do it on the web. It would be cheaper and no one would be trying to tell them what to do. Then again, someone has to pay for it to be made/and/or someone has to sell some kinds of ads to pay for it.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Even with the original show, it was on the wb, cw, upn mess, wasn't it? The ratings were a problem because of the network not being in all markets. If the miniseries happens, maybe they should just do it on the web. It would be cheaper and no one would be trying to tell them what to do. Then again, someone has to pay for it to be made/and/or someone has to sell some kinds of ads to pay for it.
You are quite pessimistic.
I don't know, what was going on with VM on the US market 10 years ago (UPN and CW etc.). And I don't really understand, how popular CW is or if for example VM series could even be screened by other tv networks (because of the contracts).
However, I can tell you, that here in Europe the Veronica Mars movie was in the last 10 months in many tv stations usually on Tuesday or Wednesday evening at 8 p.m. or 9 p.m. I saw it on German tv station, Italian, Austian tv stations, and some other smaller stations too (on my cable).
They only buy this one single tv product from Warner Bros (for example), other programs are from various networks. I don't know, how this is in the US.

IMO VM movie was very fan focused. They brought back so many characters, there was a reunion, there was even some explaining about Gia's history.
If they really wanted to attract new viewers, they would have to start completely new Veronica Mars story (perhaps PI or FBI or ADA) with new dynamic and some (many) characters would have to be replaced.

But it is true, that I don't know what is popular in the US at the moment. Europe is always about 8 years after USA. We always do/love the same things, just after a few years.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i dont think they were ever trying to get a new audience.. the movie was at the end of the day a labor of love for the diehard fans
Old 04-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
i dont think they were ever trying to get a new audience.. the movie was at the end of the day a labor of love for the diehard fans
I probably wasn't clear.
I said, that movie was fan focused.

But twilightfan14 thinks, that new revival won't attract enough audience/won't be successful.
IMO they could be successful( Gilmore girls was a huge success) and even more - new installment of Veronica Mars could attract new audience too.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, it doesn't have to make money to be successful. What I meant was, it's just a shame that more people don't appreciate this character, and the story. I still want more VM no matter what form it takes. I'll be happy as long as we GET something!
It'll be successful because it will make US - the VM fans - HAPPY and that's the important thing.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
You know, it doesn't have to make money to be successful. What I meant was, it's just a shame that more people don't appreciate this character, and the story. I still want more VM no matter what form it takes. I'll be happy as long as we GET something!
It'll be successful because it will make US - the VM fans - HAPPY and that's the important thing.
I understand your point.

They really didn't have luck 10 years ago.
Perhaps they could be more lucky this time (?). They have some quality material and if they present it good, some new viewers might (?) join VM universe too.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

20 Best Crime Series and Shows on Television of the 21st Century | IndieWire
Old 05-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link! It really was a great show.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Even if Veronica and Logan were together, Duncan could have still had his own subplot.
For example: pregnant Meg would have escaped from her abusing home. Duncan would have been so scared to lose Veronica, that he was never answering Meg's calls (maybe he wouldn't even know about her pregnancy). And one day Kendall and Logan would have seen highly pregnant Meg dancing in strip-club. Kendall would start to blackmail Duncan, Logan would show contempt towards Veronica. And Duncan would try to hide the truth about Meg from Veronica, but wouldn't be able to locate (and help) Meg.
In the end Veronica would find Meg - but then the child would be very sick and Meg wouldn't allow Duncan in child's life, etc.
I liked Duncan/Veronica more than logan/veronica. Maybe I'm the only one.