Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2019, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemsyFanatic811 (View Post)
That last paragraph of the Variety article-I tried to copy it and paste-the page wouldn't let me-but that is it, in a nutshell. Sadly.

And this from TV Guide's article/review, last paragraph:
"The fact that the revival is doing so many other things right helps, in some ways, to soften the blow of a frustrating, upsetting ending. But it also makes the decision to (literally) blow up the show's core romance more difficult to swallow. Veronica Mars already had a great thing going: The premise, which often sent Logan away for his job, was loose enough not to smother Veronica but tight enough to force her to face her own flaws. The show didn't need to hit a reset button to bring Veronica into the next phase of her life. Logan was already pulling her there."
This is why I can't understand Rob Thomas' reasoning. First of all, that girl NEVER gets a break. Second of all... she was finally starting to mature, to give in to her heart, to admit to herself what she really wanted. Now she's right back into her shell, still angry, still depressed, still with trust issues. I don't see the character development in that.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

well it happened in the last 5 mins.. so if you're hoping for any character development to come from that.. it will have to come in the next season
Old 07-31-2019, 12:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
well it happened in the last 5 mins.. so if you're hoping for any character development to come from that.. it will have to come in the next season
Well, yes. But the point is that Rob Thomas said he did it because it was necessary to move the show along. I could not disagree more. And I am so tired of the trope of "killing of the love of her life so she will mature". It is just lazy, cliched writing. It would be much more interesting to see how the dynamic in their relationship shifted as they got married and how it changed them aswell as them changing. I felt like they were finally moving forwards from where they´d been for 10-15 years. I think the honest truth is that Rob Thomas is tired of how large the LoVe momentum has gotten and does not want that to be the focus of the show, so he took the easy way out. Which enrages me.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes that's what I think he meant by move the show along.. to get out from under the focus on LoVe.. and sadly as long as logan is around (even peripherally) or can potentially be around... the relationship will be where the fan's focus will shift or try to force

so yea maybe it's the easy way out or lazy writing but i can also see how he saw it as maybe the only option to permanently close that door... execution of it definitely could've been better though
Old 07-31-2019, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicah (View Post)
Well, yes. But the point is that Rob Thomas said he did it because it was necessary to move the show along. I could not disagree more. And I am so tired of the trope of "killing of the love of her life so she will mature". It is just lazy, cliched writing. It would be much more interesting to see how the dynamic in their relationship shifted as they got married and how it changed them aswell as them changing. I felt like they were finally moving forwards from where they´d been for 10-15 years. I think the honest truth is that Rob Thomas is tired of how large the LoVe momentum has gotten and does not want that to be the focus of the show, so he took the easy way out. Which enrages me.
I agree with you. Rob wanting to get rid of the "shippers"-well, that's pretty much everyone who watches it. Any show-I don't care what it's about-viewers pick a pair and want them together-it's just human nature to do that. When you are getting more eps of a show that's been gone this long, you want to leave viewers HAPPY and wanting MORE.
And some fans now are not even going to watch any of the eps. And that is just sad.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought they were calling it Season 4? Whatever. That's I didn't know if it was even gonna be on DVD.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

didnt know either.. but i guess 1st season since 1st season on hulu?
Old 08-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
didnt know either.. but i guess 1st season since 1st season on hulu?
Guess so. Wonder if we get behind-the-scenes stuff?
Old 08-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hmm i hope so, but it seems like the only special feature listed is the VM Panel from 2019 Comic Con
Old 08-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
hmm i hope so, but it seems like the only special feature listed is the VM Panel from 2019 Comic Con
Hmm-well, at least we get that.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's good then
Old 08-05-2019, 07:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder, if there will be season 5?
Old 08-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
I wonder, if there will be season 5?
They haven't announced it yet. That's really up to Hulu at this point. They'll wait awhile to see how many views it gets. Hasn't even been a month yet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread