Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Veronica Mars - Ways To Promote

So we all know that currently, a huge issue with the success of VM deals with ratings. And I know that we are all trying our very best to spread the word of this awesome show. So this is a thread where everyone can share ideas on how to promote the show, whether it be to a large or small group.

Some of my favorite ways are through binders, icons, obsessive talking, writing reminders on whiteboards in my classes... I will also be making T-Shirts to wear once the new season begins.

But also, on Wednesday, I am giving a persuasive speech in my Lang & Comp class.

Since I shall have an audience who will be forced to listen to me, I am doing my speech on "Why You (the audience) Should Watch Veronica Mars."

I have many of the basic obsessive fan!girly reasons (although, nope, I did not include "hot guys"), and some more prestigious reasons (like best writing evah, intellectual elements, and Joe Silver). There are also facts that I will absolutely be leaving out for fear of it turning people off the show (such as Paris Hilton guest-starred).

I am hoping that my promotion and dedication works and there will be 30 or 40 more Neilsens tuning in...

But I want to know if any of you guys have some particular points you think I should address about the greatness of VM? I'd like to make the speech as well rounded and informative as possible. So if you have any ideas about what to include, please share
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this thread brings about many new ideas that helps get the word out about VM
Old 06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is actually ALL I think about. How the hell, since UPN doesnt do much, do we get people to watch this show?

It is so hard, and I do not know why since it is the best show ever.

I belong to board where I put up a "watch Veronica Mars forum" which I linked in my signature so that people will click on it, and be sent to the forum. I have all kinds of articles and links and info about the show, how great it is and when it will be on.

I am also going to be wearing a watch Veronica Mars tshirt come the fall. I talk about the show obsessivley to anyone I meet. I give people who do not get UPN links to DL the eppies, and when the DVDs are put out I am buying more than one. SO I can watch one obsessivley and pass the other amoung my friends.
LoVe,Barbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

One way of promoting for that is when i'm away from my comp, I put up away messages and use funnie quotes from the show. Most of my friends end up asking me "who's Veronica?" And then I proceed to fill them in and I've converted quite a few folks there. I also let folks watch my eps, since I have the entire season on my comp. But I wet their appetite first by giving them four and then watch them plead and beg for the rest of the season ...

BTW, where are the shirts? I want one ...
Reply   Post New Thread