Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Rob Thomas is wonderful writer. The story is compelling and romantic.

And actors (KB and JD) were more than just excellent. They had great chemistry and they understood their characters. And this is even more important than just a good story.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Rob Thomas is wonderful writer. The story is compelling and romantic.

And actors (KB and JD) were more than just excellent. They had great chemistry and they understood their characters. And this is even more important than just a good story.
True. Rob is a wonderful writer! Every time we do a rewatch, it amazes me how good the VM scrips were.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

^Very true. Still so relatable to today's world

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 06-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoRBD (View Post)
^Very true. Still so relatable to today's world
Yes, it is. Everyone almost can relate to Veronica or Logan or just remember how tough hs was anyway, wanting to "fit in" and be one of the popular kids.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

What I loved about Veronica and Logan as characters that they were so human and they felt like living breathing souls. Kristen and Jason are both amazing actors.

This gif set perfectly explains why Logan will always be the perfect match for Veronica.

Like why bother with something not good just because it’s something?
Especially when you know the difference. Which not many people do. I mean, do you?

I think Logan knew, realized, and accepted that Veronica was his soul mate. He's been in need and want of love for his entire life and he wasn't going to give that up. While it freaked Veronica out and the thought (especially after everything that happen) of having someone with the power over you like that and having such a strong powerful connection like that she couldn't deal. Even though she was always better with Logan at her side.

Logan always fit the whole picture of Veronica compared to Duncan, Troy, and Piz.

I could never forgive Duncan for that scene where Veronica confronted him about that night. He left a teenage girl who had been drugged wake up alone without her underwear. I get that he had been drugged too and was in full panic mode. But he could see how devastated she was and yet he turned it around and made it all about him and his pain. Completely ignoring the girl he claims is the love of his life. And him being a teenage boy doesn't let him off the hook. Because Logan and Wallace are both the same age as Duncan and they both rose to the occasion.

Then Duncan knew how his parents, especially his mother felt about Veronica so he kept her a secret. Instead of standing up to his parents and not hiding Veronica like she was his dark dirty secret. He keeps her hidden away instead of being out and honest about all aspects of his life. Sorry they really trash his character for me.

Logan made mistakes, but so did she, the point being Logan learned from his mistakes with her, with their relationship, and with himself. He was honest about his faults and what he had done wrong, he learned from them, he didn't make excuses. He grew, changed, and matured, Logan as Veronica's boyfriend was not the same one from season one, season two, season three, and the movie. He kept updating himself to become the best for her and their relationship.

He respected her and what she wanted and needed. He believed in her and her talents. He was proud to be with her and have her as the person he was sharing his life with. He was a man of actions, but he knew how to use his words. When they broke up season three he was clear because they had reached an impasse and he couldn't carry on in something where he was miserable. He wasn't passive aggressive, Logan was honest and straight forward. Who stood up for himself and didn't let Veronica walk all over him or let her get away with things that she would take for granted.

Logan saw and understood the real Veronica. The one she tried to hide away even when Lily was alive. Veronica likes to hide behind her wit and her many masks to please people. But Logan who is like that too, sees what she is doing and she doesn't have to pretend with him because he loves her for who she is, not what she is.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow cherrios! That is beautiful!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, I saw it on tumblr and I was like I had to bring it over here. I think out of all the men in Veronica's life, Duncan, Troy, Leo, Piz. They all were perfect for that time in her life or they were perfect for different parts of her or what she was pretending to be. But Logan was the only one who fit the whole Veronica, the real Veronica. He's her soulmate in every way.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad you did post it here! They were soul mates. It took them awhile to figure that out, but good things come to those who wait.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

vm rewatch � 2x15 The Quick and the Wed • Marshmallow the Vampire Slayer
Old 06-15-2016, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that scene! She says that and then Logan shows up and makes a beeline for her!
Old 06-29-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Beautiful.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

I love how that RT saw that Kristen and Jason had been sprinkled with fairy dust and instead on continuing with the story of Duncan and Veronica they started off with. They let the story evolve and switched it to Logan and Veronica. It's always refreshing to see show see that something is working differently with the show and instead of forcing it the orginal way they wanted, they let it go a new way they weren't expecting.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I love how that RT saw that Kristen and Jason had been sprinkled with fairy dust and instead on continuing with the story of Duncan and Veronica they started off with. They let the story evolve and switched it to Logan and Veronica. It's always refreshing to see show see that something is working differently with the show and instead of forcing it the orginal way they wanted, they let it go a new way they weren't expecting.
Yes, I agree with you. Rob Thomas is really master. He is so talented.

I loved HIMYM. It seemed funny, fresh and a little different. But they ended it, the way they had planed it from beginning. And the ending wasn't ok. The death of the titular character (and we waited 10 years to meet this character) seemed a cheap plot device.

Logan and Veronica are so perfect from many different reasons. And surprise is a little part of their magic too.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Amazing video! Thanks for posting.