Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I have nothing against Chris or his fans People liked him in the show and/or movie and that's nice for him.

But in my opinion, he was shoe-horned into the movie (probably due to his friendship with Rob Thomas) and back into a role where there wasn't really a place for Piz. The whole thing felt contrived to me. It was an excuse to keep Veronica away from Logan for a bit longer, and to have her torn between two guys who represented two different lifestyles. It's not that I disrespect viewers who like Piz, but for me, there was no real ground for the whole "Veronica went back to him 6 months ago" thing. He was used more as a representation of the job she was going after, instead of serving purpose as an actual character.

One thing I truly appreciated about the movie was how Veronica had complete faith in Logan's innocence, despite others whispering into her ear that he's never been a saint; she was willing to defend him whether they were together or not. That, to me, is the true essence of why they work as a couple. They stand by each other through tough times. It's a far cry from the days of Season 1 where Veronica was accusing him and Duncan of her rape. There's genuine character development for LoVe.

I hope there is another VM book at some point because at least they're being truthful to the characters, unlike the bizarre plot lines of the Buffy comics.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are they still writing Buffy comics? I was buying them but they stopped it a few years ago. Did they start again? And yes, you're right. The Buffy comics were Bizarre and just plain nuts sometimes!
I agree the film had some plot holes but I was just happy to get one! I hope we get a book or another movie or a series of one hour shows or whatever they wanna do.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I also agree that Veronica's "New York 6 months relationship" with Piz was strange.
Wallace and Mac could set up her a date with Piz instead. But yeah... leaving Piz for Logan in the middle of the first (second) date is not the same as walking out of 6-moths long relationship.

In general, I was very happy with the movie. I also liked Veronica's trust in Logan.

And I was happy that Chris was in in the movie too. Maybe last 9 years of history between Veronica and Piz could be a little different. Maybe.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
Are they still writing Buffy comics? I was buying them but they stopped it a few years ago. Did they start again? And yes, you're right. The Buffy comics were Bizarre and just plain nuts sometimes!

Yes and I was referring to the awkward Dawn/Xander relationship from the early ones

But I did hear that they put Buffy & Spike back together in the recent comics so at least something is truthful to the show

Quote:
I agree the film had some plot holes but I was just happy to get one! I hope we get a book or another movie or a series of one hour shows or whatever they wanna do.
That's true, I was so pleased when the movie was confirmed - the Kickstarter was a great idea and it all proved how loyal the VM fans are

Quote:
leaving Piz for Logan in the middle of the first (second) date is not the same as walking out of 6-moths long relationship.
I think Kristen played it well because she didn't seem sad about the relationship with Piz being over, she just seemed resigned to it. But anyone who hadn't seen the show was probably judging Veronica and Logan for hooking up so soon after Piz was dumped.

That's why I think it's necessary for people to have watched the show before seeing the movie. It provides all the relevant backstory to each character and their relationships. The LoVe relationship isn't something that can be just understood by the movie on its own, I mean they even revisit the "Epic" speech from Season 2 in LoVe's last movie scene, so I think it's very important to be a fan of the show in order to appreciate where the movie takes them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So Buffy is back-that's I was a Spuffy fan as well! them together!
Dawn and Xander together? Hmm-I don't remember that. Probably trying to block it from my memory. Are they still together in the new comic?

I also loved the fact that Veronica never wavered in her assertion that Logan was innocent! She knew he could never kill someone.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
So Buffy is back-that's I was a Spuffy fan as well! them together!
They had sizzling chemistry James Marsters admitted that he IMMEDIATELY played an attraction to Sarah, which means that Spuffy was developing since day 1 of Spike in the show

Quote:
Dawn and Xander together? Hmm-I don't remember that. Probably trying to block it from my memory. Are they still together in the new comic?
Haven't read the recent ones, but yeah, it was a thing. It's just too weird to me. Xander was in love with her sister (Buffy) for years. He was like a big brother to Dawn in the show

Quote:
I also loved the fact that Veronica never wavered in her assertion that Logan was innocent! She knew he could never kill someone.
I think that was my favorite thing about the movie. Veronica was more sure of Logan than ever before.

There were times in the past where she doubted both Logan and Duncan (Season 1, for example). What's special is that she has spent NINE YEARS away from Logan, yet she still knows him better than anybody. True love.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

HoneyBee
Old 05-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Those were some of my favorite LoVe scenes!

I loved that Veronica invited Logan around to apologize to him. She realized that you can't just go around accusing those you care about without sufficient evidence. Plus, Logan's response was perfect:

"Veronica, all I care about is you."

Plus, it led to them becoming an official couple (even though it was for a short time, it was still worth it).

The Season 3 "ever been with a hooker?" talk was hilarious plus it led to that great bed scene:

"Still love me?" "...Yes."

The EPIC scene (Season 2) speaks for itself

I think my favorite part of that scene is where Jason slowly moves in, and cradles her face, and the look on Kristen's face... It's like she's overwhelmed.

Jason and Kristen's chemistry in the movie was still as passionate and intense as ever.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I think the chemistry between Jason and Kirsten just gets better with age. They just have that magical chemistry that hits and I'm glad the powers that be embraced it instead of going down the path they had originally chosen.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So that gif set! You can't buy chemistry like that! It just happens.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I think the chemistry between Jason and Kirsten just gets better with age. They just have that magical chemistry that hits and I'm glad the powers that be embraced it instead of going down the path they had originally chosen.
Lightning in a bottle.

I don't think you should ever stick to one path for a character, because it's just like life in that people evolve and to keep a show interesting, writers have to be prepared to take characters to places that are out of their comfort zone.

Much like the love triangle between Duncan, Veronica and Logan. Shifting Veronica away from her first love (Duncan) to the man who became her true love (Logan) was a brave decision, and worked out for the best in terms of storytelling. Veronica got to see another side to Logan - a caring side that she hadn't seen since Lily died.

That's why I loved 1x04 when Logan makes the video of memories of Lily, and the key scene where he shares THAT look with Veronica when they laugh together whilst watching it. It's a very important shared look of "wow, you're not so bad after all!" that sets the path for their burgeoning relationship.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

love the buildup.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

What I always loved about their pairing, was it was a genuine buildup. They started to heal their rift after losing Lilly and after everything went down. They were good friends before all the ugliness. They had a playful banter and would repeatedly show how they were each other's equal. Then they came back together as friends when she helped him with the loss of his mother and she learned hints of Aaron's abuse towards Logan. I wouldn't say they were friends again, but they had made a truce.

I think the kiss caught them both off guard, but the lighting between them couldn't be contain. And it wasn't something they could explain away or avoid because it grabbed hold of them and refused to let go. It was epic in every form of the word.

But the show didn't just make it about sexual chemistry and it be all physical. Logan and Veronica challenge each other mentally, emotionally, morally, they were there for each other and had each other's backs. They built an actual relationship that brought out the best in each other and made them stronger together than apart.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rob Thomas and the rest of the writers should be commended for seeing that chemistry and heading in that direction. Like you all said, "lightening in a bottle" that could not be contained.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Veronica and Logan they had so much love and Chemistry
Closed Thread   Post New Thread