Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hmm.. i think duncan's character was more muted than they had originally planned but i don't feel like he was 'dumbed down' (not really sure what you mean exactly by that tbh) from celeste telling him. more muted bc he was playing it more catatonic cus of the character having to take pills for the epilepsy/blackouts

i def think celeste should've brought up her suspicions before they started dating.. but i think she was thinking/hoping it would never get to that point considering she has always been cold to veronica even as lilly's friend so her precious son shouldnt even have thought about dating her. at least she eventually told him. lianne had even more suspicions and she didn't even warn veronica!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
hmm.. i think duncan's character was more muted than they had originally planned but i don't feel like he was 'dumbed down' (not really sure what you mean exactly by that tbh) from celeste telling him. more muted bc he was playing it more catatonic cus of the character having to take pills for the epilepsy/blackouts

i def think celeste should've brought up her suspicions before they started dating.. but i think she was thinking/hoping it would never get to that point considering she has always been cold to veronica even as lilly's friend so her precious son shouldnt even have thought about dating her. at least she eventually told him. lianne had even more suspicions and she didn't even warn veronica!
Duncan was shown to have serious smarts in Donut Run which makes his beliefs from his mother look like a complete joke in the 1st season. Directors and producers tend to dumb down a show's character to make a storyline. In no way Duncan would ever believe his haughty mother on claims that Veronica is his sister.

You would think that both Lianne and Keith had seen Veronica's birth certificate after she was born. Keith would have known that something was up. She obviously has more Keith-like qualities in her than Jake-like ones.

Celeste Kane is kind of like Bart Bass and William van der Woodsen with regards to Lianne/Veronica, and Rufus/Dan/Jenny. It seems like they were taking their issues with Lianne and Rufus out on the children.

I now find that whole Veronica Kane storyline to be bull**** in the 1st season. Duncan&Veronica are no Dan&Serena.

If Celeste had her suspicions like you have claimed, then she would have demanded a paternity test. Even then, she still would have made up that bull**** lie as an advantage to end her son's relationship with Veronica. Lilly did say that Celeste would hate mostly anyone who would love Duncan as much as she does him. She told Veronica to be careful because Celeste can break up her&Duncan if she can.

I would just find it odd that if my parents would even bring up anything like what Celeste did while I'm IN the relationship with the other person. I would be looking into the situation and demand a paternity test. A person shouldn't be that dumb. Celeste's timing to release that information makes it even more suspicious.
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea i guess he should've been more suspicious of her claim and try to find out for himself if it's true
Old 11-25-2020, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
yea i guess he should've been more suspicious of her claim and try to find out for himself if it's true
I agree. The Kanes were really horrible parents. Always trying to control them-which is why Lily was so wild. Poor Duncan didn't stand a chance once Lily was gone.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved these two.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-24-2021, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute!!!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-26-2021, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great pic!
Old 01-27-2021, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-27-2021, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

cute b and w
Old 01-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-29-2021, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a great pic! I've searched for pics and stills before of these two and couldn't find very many. So IG is where they are!
Old 01-30-2021, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-31-2021, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that!
Reply   Post New Thread